Notes from Wednesday's scrimmage

So someone explain the quarantine deal. Aren't the ones that were exposed (not necessarily those that tested positive) supposed to be out 14 days?

Yes, and that is a Knox County Health Dept. policy, not a universal SEC policy. Some schools, like South Carolina only has to quarantine positive tested players. Once a player tests negative if exposed they are free to return to practice.. I’ve heard Coach Pruitt is very frustrated about the fact that it’s not the same rules everywhere.

Reactions: gunner
Thanks for the clarification. I could have sworn I read somewhere or heard that even those who are out due to contact tracing had to quarantine 14 days as well. So what is the time period for those out due to contact tracing? Do they just wait until their next test and if its negative they're cleared to return to practice?

No, Knox County says if exposed 14 days quarantine. Of the 44 held out only 7 were out for positive tests. The rest were injured or in quarantine because of tracing. They have tested negative but still are held out. Not the same rule everywhere in the SEC

No, Knox County says if exposed 14 days quarantine. Of the 44 held out only 7 were out for positive tests. The rest were injured or in quarantine because of tracing. They have tested negative but still are held out. Not the same rule everywhere in the SEC
So we're breaking the rules I guess?

Yes, and that is a Knox County Health Dept. policy, not a universal SEC policy. Some schools, like South Carolina only has to quarantine positive tested players. Once a player tests negative if exposed they are free to return to practice.. I’ve heard Coach Pruitt is very frustrated about the fact that it’s not the same rules everywhere.

Screw the Knox County health Department! Pruitt needs to do what the rest of the SEC is doing

There is no way to have any kind of season if we are going to do that.
YEP .......one can easily envision all the accusations and finger-pointing that's likely to occur because it doesn't appear the SEC has established any sort of uniform policy applicable to all teams. Instead it's more like each team is policing themselves. We all know none of these other coaches would even think about bending the rules to get an edge.

PS The conference is going to employ through a 3rd party a rapid test given right before each game in addition to the twice weekly testing each team is already using.

Last edited:
a.price

p.brown
Austin lied like hell in his repot. JG was yanked a few times. JG was absolutely HORRIBLE. He was yelled at repeatedly and made reads as though he was a true freshman. I have text that cm from a source live at the scrimmage and works in the athletic department yes i scribbled out the name due to confidentiality and the person job security.

Last edited:
Austin lied like hell in his repot. JG was yanked a few times. JG was absolutely HORRIBLE. He was yelled at repeatedly and made reads as though he was a true freshman. I have text that cm from a source live at the scrimmage and works in the athletic department yes i scribbled out the name due to confidentiality and the person job security.
Good, hopefully Shrout starts

does anybody know anything for sure? I've read that if you are not showing symptoms, you are not at risk of spreading it! Is it possible that is true?
If it is true, throw the tests away and just use the temperature gun and get back to work! EVERYBODY!

VN Store

Back