Not sure any longer

Since you have such a good grasp of reality, tell me how you would defend the third down call on the first drive, the lack of adjustments to cover the slant on defense, the no time out call etc.

Not trusting the offense, they have one of the better passing attacks in the country, and again no faith in the offense. You're welcome.

Where in my post did I say that Coach Jones should be fired? Are you advocating that he and this staff are above approach and no one should question or critique him?

The 1st 2 years of a coaches career here is the coach worship period. They aren't to be critiqued until year 3.

Haha! This is quite humorous. People need to face the facts that our program is gonna take some time to get back to the way things use to be. Ease up on Butch, he's still got a long season to go. The only way is UP! Get behind this team and the coaching staff and quite acting like were in the hunt for a National Championship. That is all.....GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Who was ever sure of Dooley? He had a losing record when he got here. Most of us were just hoping as praying Hamilton found a diamond in the rough.

Actually loads of people came on here and said they were sure Dooley was going to work out if he just had enough time. Most of them were really nasty to anyone who used basic logic to analyze all of the issues with the hire and his performance.

Who was ever sure of Dooley? He had a losing record when he got here. Most of us were just hoping as praying Hamilton found a diamond in the rough.

Lot of people did, almost to the bitter end.

I'm just tired of getting our teeth kicked in and am venting. I'm a lot more cynical now and am not as ready to blindly buy into words as I once was. I know Worley is horrible, but I'd like to see the staff preparing one or both of the freshmen in practice.

I think some people buy in to the preseason hype way too much leaving the impression that everything got better. Then reality hits and said folks think we have regressed. JMO but we seem to be about where we were last year minus the giving up/yeam falling apart part.

At some point, our fans will learn that we need more players and our depth is terrible. Until then, I can't help some of you.

Reactions: 3 people
We're still in it? LOL. Define still in it.

Down by 14 at the half when a lot of people thought they would be up by at least 20 points.

I'd say they are holding their own right now.

Against Clemson, they already had 21 at the half
South Carolina they had 24
North TX only 14
And LSU they had 17

So in 2 out of the 4 games they have scored more and in one of the others they were against a top 10 team.

I'd say we are holding our own

Coach Jones talks a very good game, says all the right things etc. But I gotta say that today some of the decisions that this staff has made has me scratching my head.

The normal excuses that most use to defend the staff aren't gonna work today.

The adjustments that are made at the half will be telling. We have an outside chance here.

Please stop. You people who think this staff is incompetent need to go away, you bring nothing intelligent to bring to the table. We don't have the talent... this is the sixth week in a row that you'll hear this answer and its not going to magically change. That's enough, you people are worse than Congress.

Let's fire him guys. We lost to Oregon, Florida, and maybe Georgia. This is simply not acceptable guys. Who cares if he inherited what we ALL knew would be a horrible team with zero depth and all very very young talent, that's no excuse guys!!! Who cares that we basically lost a complete recruiting class thanks to Kiffin recruiting the worst class in TN history, and ended up being the equivalent of the NCAA saying TN had to lose a complete class which is like the death penalty! Who cares that Mike Hamilton hired possibly the WORST coach in SEC history. Guys that don't matter we want wins and should be in the top 25 maybe top 10 by game 6 of his first year.

Sure we have the best class in the nation coming in and sure we are playing damn good with what we have to play with, I want wins and I want them now. Fire butch! Bring Fulmer back!

It is hard to understand this fan base, so many of them are so out of touch. This roster couldn't win a div 2 championship

Where in my post did I say that Coach Jones should be fired? Are you advocating that he and this staff are above approach and no one should question or critique him?

Criticism is fine. But the title of your thread is "Not sure any longer" implying that you're losing faith in Butch Jones. This coaching staff has undoubtedly made some bad calls. Nobody makes the right calls all the time. And it is magnified when you have inept players on the field. What I'm advocating is that you should give him a break. He is 6 games in to his tenure. How much harder will it be for him to succeed when his own fan base turns on him after 5 and a half games? Just some food for thought.

Criticism is fine. But the title of your thread is "Not sure any longer" implying that you're losing faith in Butch Jones. This coaching staff has undoubtedly made some bad calls. Nobody makes the right calls all the time. And it is magnified when you have inept players on the field. What I'm advocating is that you should give him a break. He is 6 games in to his tenure. How much harder will it be for him to succeed when his own fan base turns on him after 5 and a half games? Just some food for thought.

There never should have been any faith placed in Butch in the 1st place. 90% of people if not more didn't even know the guys name when he was hired.

VN Store

Back