Not sure any longer

I agree. Those that sit and type a play by play of their emotions while the game is going on should practice keyboard silence. Unless you are watching the game by yourself, why in the heck would you do that anyway?

Coach Jones talks a very good game, says all the right things etc. But I gotta say that today some of the decisions that this staff has made has me scratching my head.

The normal excuses that most use to defend the staff aren't gonna work today.

The adjustments that are made at the half will be telling. We have an outside chance here.

The longer I stick around the more I'm convinced:

1). Tennessee has some of the most miserable fans in the SEC

2). Tennessee has some of the best armchair coaches in the SEC

Reactions: 3 people
I watched the game on DVR starting around 11 pm. I was a bit surprised to see this thread until I realized it was started mid-game.

I am very thankful that our team and coaches have more guts than this excruciating fan base.

We are not worthy of the effort they left on the field yesterday.

Some of these threads are fun to read the next day.
You did notice the last statement that I made right? In case no one did: "The adjustments that are made at the half will be telling. We have an outside chance here."

And they made wholesale adjustments and coached to WIN! I don't think I am the only fan that wanted to see how the staff would react-adjust at half. That was the whole point of the thread. Of course here on Volnation now, if your the least bit critical your no longer a fan, just a negavol.

What I saw in the first half from some of the decisions made were head scratch worthy and I wanted to state my opinion to folks that I thought could relate, instead of my wife. My bad. I know better now.

Tennessee has some of the most miserable fans in the SEC

Really?

How many other 3-2 teams had 100,000 folks in their stadium at their last home game?

How many college football programs coming off 3 straight losing seasons generate as much in ticket sales and donations as we do?

Reactions: 3 people
You did notice the last statement that I made right? In case no one did: "The adjustments that are made at the half will be telling. We have an outside chance here."

And they made wholesale adjustments and coached to WIN! I don't think I am the only fan that wanted to see how the staff would react-adjust at half. That was the whole point of the thread. Of course here on Volnation now, if your the least bit critical your no longer a fan, just a negavol.

What I saw in the first half from some of the decisions made were head scratch worthy and I wanted to state my opinion to folks that I thought could relate, instead of my wife. My bad. I know better now.

Being critical in a forum that allows for discussion and counters is welcomed; but, I think your propensity for the dramatic is what people are taking case with. It's bordering on reductio ad absurdum.

With that said, Butch didn't call a timeout, but we still had 20 seconds left on the clock when we had to punt. So Butch made the right call. Had he called that time our 40 seconds earlier, then he would have left the all time SEC passing leader 1:00 (an eternity in college football) on the clock at the end of the half with a kicker that had already booted a 57 yarder with ease.

So to say you aren't sure about CBJ as a head coach, because of your interpretation of poor time clock management, at the end of the first half no less, is just a bit silly man.

Reactions: 2 people
Really?

How many other 3-2 teams had 100,000 folks in their stadium at their last home game?

How many college football programs coming off 3 straight losing seasons generate as much in ticket sales and donations as we do?

I think the key word in his statement is "some". I don't think he's taking a shot at our entire fan base. It's no doubt we have the greatest.

I think your whole point was to whine and moan about nothing. That game was great, coaching was great, playcalling was spectacular, Neyland was so loud my ears are still ringing. First half wasn't the best, but butches coaching kept us in it. Why not wait till the game is over before posting?

One more thing, this is called hedging your bets. It's a fallacy that internet warriors tout when trying to forcibly persuade. This is deliberate use of ambiguous language to protect your position or argument.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back