Not good, just lost a 5 Star commitment. Terrance Lewis

If they have the option, recruits want to play for play for a winning program like Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, etc.. A recruit will also consider a school that has been struggling if they hire a coach with name recognition. The longer it takes a coach to turn that program around, potential recruits will start looking around. The coach can't rely on his name or his past history to convince the recruit, he will have to sell the climate, school environment, playing time, or have no better options.. I think as far as UT is concerned, we are transitioning to the last criteria.
it's only going to get worse with name, image, likeness if the playoff does not expand. prospects who go to programs with legitimate playoff aspirations will have endorsement opportunities nationwide. Our guys will be fighting Basilio and the Sports Animal morning crew over the opportunity to endorse Olivio's Pizza.

If you were a 5-Star recruit would you honestly say Tennessee gives you the best option for success w/ Pruitt and staff? Every single day “well-known members” spell out reasons why any top recruit should avoid this team until changes are made. Nothing positive will take place until Pruitt is removed. Recruiting is a snowball effect with a lot of these top recruits talking to each other all the time. Expect more to de-commit by end of year.

You apparently haven’t been watching the receivers my friend. They aren’t bad just don’t have a QB to get them the ball

I’m so glad I’m not the only one wondering whether 2/3 of the people on this board are watching the same games.

The lack of football acumen among many is astounding. Its as if watching lots of ball doesn’t make you an expert at running a program. Who knew?

Just making room for a better player. Our LBs need to be able to run up into the wrong gap and stay tied up in the scrum long enough for the RBs to make the 3rd level without being touched. Lewis didn't really fit that mold.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
What will Jeremy do when the walls start crumbling down around him?
1. Hang tough
2. Blame the players
3. Blame Covid
4. Leave Knoxville in the dead of night
5. Have an affair with JG
6. Remain Tennessee’s HC for 2 more miserable years

Reactions: Volfan574
Just making room for a better player. Our LBs need to be able to run up into the wrong gap and stay tied up in the scrum long enough for the RBs to make the 3rd level without being touched. Lewis didn't really fit that mold.
I agree Lewis does the unthinkable....the one thing that CJP hates above all else.....

Defends the slant pass

Reactions: tbh
Fans have jack squat to do with this. These kids see the handwriting on the wall and know Pruitt will not be the coach their whole career at UT. They have advisors telling them to look around and they would be remiss if they didn’t, it’s their future and Pruitt isn’t going to get them where they want to be.
And that is happening at every school on the map.

Can’t blame Bailey if he wants to transfer.
If I were his dad I'd encourage him to do so. We've shown no signs of putting him in the NFL. Ultimately, if he doesn't make it to the NFL he'll look back on his football career as perhaps the greatest wasted opportunity of his life.

If I were his dad I'd encourage him to do so. We've shown no signs of putting him in the NFL. Ultimately, if he doesn't make it to the NFL he'll look back on his football career as perhaps the greatest wasted opportunity of his life.

If Pruitt is retained I would absolutely encourage HB, BM and JS to transfer if I were their father. Especially if the NCAA ends up granting a 1 time waiver this January like they are expected to.

No it’s not what’s happening on the field. It’s all you fair weathered fans who want to fire coaches every 3 years. Am I upset we haven’t won much? Most definitely. Do I think Guarantano is the answer? No but I refuse to ridicule a kid who has played his heart out for the Vols. Do I think Pruitt is the answer? Don’t know but I don’t think 3 years is a right gauge either. Yes Mullen is tearing it up at Florida but he would not if he came to Tennessee in his first year. Florida’s roster was stacked ours not. Most people including most of you said it would take 4-5 years. We had a little success last year and you forgot about what you actually knew. Good grief I’m tired of losing as much as anyone but a bunch of you are acting like entitled brats. Go ahead and roast me but if you’re honest, you know I’m right. Quit ridiculing the coaches and team or we’ll lose more commitments GBO beat Florida

Umkay

How can you blame anyone for decommiting with as much garbage as is written by the so called fans. This is what you are going to see when you change coaches ever two or three years. I have never seen such stupidity that has been written lately, so get use to what is happening
Are you and volpreacher related?

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
I’m so glad I’m not the only one wondering whether 2/3 of the people on this board are watching the same games.

The lack of football acumen among many is astounding. Its as if watching lots of ball doesn’t make you an expert at running a program. Who knew?
I guess that being a highly rated defensive coordinator also doesn't make one an expert at running a program, do you think?

Reactions: a vol n tears
200.gif

No it’s not what’s happening on the field. It’s all you fair weathered fans who want to fire coaches every 3 years. Am I upset we haven’t won much? Most definitely. Do I think Guarantano is the answer? No but I refuse to ridicule a kid who has played his heart out for the Vols. Do I think Pruitt is the answer? Don’t know but I don’t think 3 years is a right gauge either. Yes Mullen is tearing it up at Florida but he would not if he came to Tennessee in his first year. Florida’s roster was stacked ours not. Most people including most of you said it would take 4-5 years. We had a little success last year and you forgot about what you actually knew. Good grief I’m tired of losing as much as anyone but a bunch of you are acting like entitled brats. Go ahead and roast me but if you’re honest, you know I’m right. Quit ridiculing the coaches and team or we’ll lose more commitments GBO beat Florida

How can you blame anyone for decommiting with as much garbage as is written by the so called fans. This is what you are going to see when you change coaches ever two or three years. I have never seen such stupidity that has been written lately, so get use to what is happening

Good grief. We are 2-5, headed to 2-8, show no signs of life, zero player development, and an arrogant, excuse-spouting coach.......and its fans' comments on forums splintering the recruiting class?

SMDH.

Think they can build condos out of Neyland stadium? That or student parking.

Certainly no need to hold football games in it anymore.

Reactions: overseasorange2

VN Store

Back