Not a good day to bring this up...but it is VERY IMPORTANT

Heupel needs a contract extension and raise now!! Kentucky just gave Stoops.an extension through 2030 and raise to a guaranteed $9 Million per year and an increased buyout!! Now is the time to dispassionately think long term, Tennessee cannot afford to risk another coaching change!! Heupel is an incredible talent and must stay!! We will go 10-2 and to a major bowl this year, beaten top 10 teams and in the running for the national championship...astounding by any objective measure
Wait a sec.............you're willing to give a guy in his 2nd year, whose offense consists of just 11 plays a raise after just getting 63 points pasted on us by an unranked team? This is insane. How about winning the EAST first? If (sports contracts) TOOK MONEY AWAY for FAILURE I wouldn't have a problem with handing out raises for success. Holy crap man, this has to stop somewhere......most folks can't buy a bag of groceries.

Last edited:
Not up to us AD Danny White will deal with that and most likely he will get one one or two games will not define this season 10-2 or 9-3 hell of a lot better than in the past

10 wins a season got Mark Richt fired.....................even the GA fans got tired of not winning championships and we would too.

Last edited:
Reactions: lifeisdeep
I hate Jimmy Sexton worse than any opposing player or coach. I hope the preachers and funeral homes have a bidding war for his funeral
Never ever been another profession where spreading rumors can lead to an instant raise for you and your cilent.
That goof is worse than a used car salesman. All that money won't keep his heart from exploding eventually, he's eating pretty good.

JSextonFaves_Richmond007-scaled.jpg

Heupel needs a contract extension and raise now!! Kentucky just gave Stoops.an extension through 2030 and raise to a guaranteed $9 Million per year and an increased buyout!! Now is the time to dispassionately think long term, Tennessee cannot afford to risk another coaching change!! Heupel is an incredible talent and must stay!! We will go 10-2 and to a major bowl this year, beaten top 10 teams and in the running for the national championship...astounding by any objective measure

Jimmy Sexton, I know that's you behind the keyboard. Step the **** off

This is the logic that got us in a whole paying huge buyouts to coaches that were going nowhere. We don't need to get stupid to keep a coach. Ut has made a great commitment to Heupel. If he ever wanted to go, he will go, but throwing crazy money at people out of a fear they may leave is foolish, and we see it's issues at places like A&M, Ok State, as well as with Fulmer, Butch, etc.
This times a thousand. If we extend him now we really are hopeless.

Remember this: Gus Malzahn played in the NC game his first year at Auburn. That was easily a bigger improvement than what we had this year. How did he do after that?

Your right. Not a good day to bring this up. Need to see if there is fire to all this locker room smoke. Need to see how team plays next week. Need to see what happens in recruiting. Just suffered the worst loss by a ranked team since the 1800’s. I like CJH but the SEC ain’t everyone’s cup of tea. Need to be cautious with big contract extensions. We need to see if he wants to be an SEC coach before we open the bank vaults. For the first time since he has been here last night I seen doubt in his face on the sideline and post game press conference. Let’s see how he finishes this season before we pay him top dollar.
I agree. Not a good time at all to discuss this. Something's seriously amiss and needs to be addressed. CJH's demeanor reflects that we've gone from contender to an implosion and has the whole fanbase scratching their heads. This adds to pressure and luckily we have a dependable AD that can sort another mess out. Let this play out and see how recruiting goes, (early signing mid Dec.), then start coaching changes, pay raises,etc...

“I think 8 wins is a success this year”- Volnation.
We have already overachieved here folks but some just keep moving the target. We need stability most of all. Smart ADs make that happen. Heupel will definitely get paid. Sure it is already being negotiated

Plus it may be in Heupel’s best interest to wait until after the season. Two more wins may be worth millions on a new deal rather than locking in now. The best thing we have going is trust and familiarity between head coach and AD

But it's a heck of a lot better than the 5-6 wins per year that we have become accustomed to, and it means movement in the right direction.
Agreed-Georgia has more ten plus win seasons in the last 22 years than seasons with less than ten wins. They’ve had one losing season since 1997. They’re used to that level of play and rightfully got tired of not having trophies in spite of that success. We had the worst last decade in terms of performance relative to ability than literally any other SEC team. Time to right the ship and it’s going to take a big payout to do that. That being said, our guy needs to understand what a failure and an embarrassment Saturday was and how that should be the last time that happens here if he wants to keep coaching here. Defending worse than Bob Shoop or Sal Sunseri is shameful and inexplicable.

Damn...I thought this was the offseason that Stoops would leave. He is committing career suicide to stay in the SEC now that TN is back and other East teams seem to be improving. But for 9 MI a year, it's worth it.
Career suicide? I would say getting an extension and raise to go .500 is the career jackpot.

Not yet, and no number of additional exclamation points will change my mind.

Granted that this is horrid timing to be discussing this after what happened at USCjr but since we're already into this we all MUST get back to being serious and reasonable.

I'm certain that AD White is already on top of this but this is what I honestly believe should happen NOW but NOT to be released to the public until after the Bowl Game has been played.

CJH has already created miracles in his short time here and he HAS earned and deserves to be paid accordingly.

Step 1 is a serious talk between CJH and AD White and these are the topics that must be asked and answered...

A...AD White...Golish and Garner...How much so you think we need to raise their pay in order to keep them longer term because I need to figure a serious budget?

B...AD White...Our D is not Championship level so exactly what do you plan to do about that and how much do you think we'll need to pay to get top quality replacements for any coaches you plan to replace? again a budget consideration.

C...AD White...I'm NOT going to add any years to your contract right now but I do believe you've earned and deserve to be paid better than 11th in the SEC so we're going to come to an agreement on your pay right now and we're going to talk this over realistically to reach a good agreement.

I believe that CJH is as good or better than laMe kiffSCUM and should be paid better than laMe is and CJH does NOT come with the baggage or BS either.

I also believe that some parents would rather have CJH overseeing their sons for 3 or 4 years than someone like laMe so that could help some with recruiting.

Nick saTan, Kelly, Smart, Stoops and I don't know who else SHOULD be paid more than CJH at this point but I believe to be respectful to him and to prove to CJH that we want him to be successful and remain at Tennessee for the long term that he should be the 5th or 6th best paid Head Coach in the always brutal SEC especially since we are adding 2 more good programs.

I also think we should consider a higher buyout just to further discourage other schools or the NFL from trying to poach CJH.

I'd also hope that the discussion between CJH and AD White would be about any possible need for any other pay raises or a contingency pay plan in order to keep any of our other coaches from leaving us that they both believe we really need to keep.

NOTE...I also believe that any coach we hire to replace a current coach MUST also be a good recruiter and ecaluator of footVOL talent.

I think this is a reasonable and fair plan in order to try to keep a really good (mostly) coaching staff together for a few more years.....I hope!

VFL...GBO!!!

Raise? Sure. I think he has earned a raise this year. I wouldn’t extend him though. He has what, 4 years left on his contract? I’d prefer to see this thing be sustainable and have another 10 win season before we cement ourselves to another coach. I think there is no problem with increasing his annual salary, but I wouldn’t put any additional years on his contract to after next season.

2015 and 2016 just called.
That Butch Jones **** lol Ibet you built a brick by brick mailbox like his this team would have blowed them out. Their defense was better but their offense would not hold a candle to this year

That Butch Jones **** lol Ibet you built a brick by brick mailbox like his this team would have blowed them out. Their defense was better but their offense would not hold a candle to this year
Could you respond again in English please?

VN Store

Back