Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

To add evidently your quite frightened that LSU is about to be a dominant force in the SEC as soon as next season. So am I. I don't like it but it definitely appears to be heading in that direction whether any of us like it or not.

No. I just hate seeing nonsense that’s all. You actually sound like that guy on Twitter.

On the celestial plane, a school in Louisiana recruited Ursa Major, queen of flying haberdashery. ;)
Haberdashery, haven’t heard that word used since the old Pine Finebaum radio show when the old man called “SEC Guy” used to call in, he was the funniest ever. Anyone remember when he called in just after aTm joined the SEC? The best show ever…

Reactions: Voltopia
She also has a boatload of experience and incredible talent playing in front of her position. Whose minutes would you take away to put her on the court? Horstons or Jacksons, not to mention the other 3-4 players that have a lot of experience at her spot. She is the number 11 player in the country because of her performance on the AAU circuit and USA basketball not Tennessee's brand.

This may be where we differ, my definition of boatload and talent isn’t outside the Top 25. In regards to who should she play more than, I’d say Marta, Puckett and Striplin with what they’ve provided so far isn’t enough to say they need more time. Those 3 need to go to another level in that they have “experience” or be replaced by youth who can give you the same minimal production.

“6-4 freshman don't learn defense at the college level overnight” Biggest adjustment in college sports is from HS to college. The game is the same, speed and size is different. She played at a high level AAU so the transition is like any freshman this year playing from UCLA to UCONN, much to learn but compete and it’ll get easier. If we are using the excuse of defense keeping her off the court 9 games in, individual workouts and practice then it’s not a Justine issue it’s a coaching in particular position coach having her not ready to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
No you don't need seniors, but your totally acting like losing six top seniors will make you just as good next year as this year. Not a reality. Of course you can take that opinion doesn't make it true now or ever. Actually the team to actually worry about is UConn who has almost everybody back will get the two injured players back along with the number four class. I see them as the best roster in WCCB followed by Stanford, SC, and LSU all three not much difference. As far as what you see as impact player Del Rosario is not rated the number seven player for no reason. All she has to be is the third wheel with Reese and Smith and she could definitely fill that role.
Take those six seniors off the team and then play Stanford. Take them off and even play LSU quite a difference. Were not talking about this season were talking about next years rosters. No Feagin and Watkins would not take minutes from their bigs Reese is better than either one of those players right now and expect that will continue to be true next season as well. Smith is on par with either one as well.

You seem to be the most biased of the SC posters that post here. You can't even accept that LSU had the number one class.

When did I ever say SC would be just as good? I said their returning roster would be better than LSU’s, while you claimed LSU would be equal or better. Now I know I can’t take anything you say with a grain of salt… Notre Dame, North Carolina, and Arizona would all have more talented teams next year than LSU. Of course UConn is a team to worry about. They’re national contenders year in and out. Same for Stanford and now the same can be said for SC. Those three schools has the talent, coaching, and Final Four experience factors that make up for players lost in graduation. They reload not rebuild.

I never said Del Rosario wasn’t good I just said I wasn’t sold on her, especially as an instant impact player. I’ve always thought Breyah Cunningham was the best post in this class, even when SC was recruiting ADR.

I also never said Feagin and Watkins was better than Reese I said they would get minutes over any other bigs on their roster and that is a fact. LSU hasn’t played a damn soul yet you’re here trying to give credit to players who hasn’t even seen real D1 competition yet. I would glad eat crow if they show me up in SEC play and dominate but until then the verdict is still out. SC is set to play Stanford yet again next year and we’ll see just how good LSU is next year when their number 1 class come in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
agree with the last part wholeheartedly. But you make sure you take care of your backyard before they leave and get on stat sheets as a Freshman.

It's cool the first part about her being MVP of a prestigious summer tourney and making USA were true as well.

I could understand your sentiment about taking care of a backyard player too. Glad Ace is at a place she can play and try and contribute. I'm sure her shooting percentages will go up as she gets used to the game as well. Hoping the best for the kid

When did I ever say SC would be just as good? I said their returning roster would be better than LSU’s, while you claimed LSU would be equal or better. Now I know I can’t take anything you say with a grain of salt… Notre Dame, North Carolina, and Arizona would all have more talented teams next year than LSU. Of course UConn is a team to worry about. They’re national contenders year in and out. Same for Stanford and now the same can be said for SC. Those three schools has the talent, coaching, and Final Four experience factors that make up for players lost in graduation. They reload not rebuild.

I never said Del Rosario wasn’t good I just said I wasn’t sold on her, especially as an instant impact player. I’ve always thought Breyah Cunningham was the best post in this class, even when SC was recruiting ADR.

I also never said Feagin and Watkins was better than Reese I said they would get minutes over any other bigs on their roster and that is a fact. LSU hasn’t played a damn soul yet you’re here trying to give credit to players who hasn’t even seen real D1 competition yet. I would glad eat crow if they show me up in SEC play and dominate but until then the verdict is still out. SC is set to play Stanford yet again next year and we’ll see just how good LSU is next year when their number 1 class come in.
Pivot,
They will get good really fast next year. That’s what she does, she gets in young top notch girls and she gets them running fast. Her young players next year will get thrown in immediately and she will get them playing well by mid season at latest.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
Haberdashery, haven’t heard that word used since the old Pine Finebaum radio show when the old man called “SEC Guy” used to call in, he was the funniest ever. Anyone remember when he called in just after aTm joined the SEC? The best show ever…

Oh yes. I also remember SEC Guy calling in to that local Portland radio station and roasting the PAC-10 the year Auburn and Oregon were neck and neck for the championship game. It was so noteworthy they invited him out to speak on a live version of their show, and the dude showed up in a white suit and that same fake southern accent and went to town on 'em. Pretty funny stuff, although the gimmick ran out of gas after the first ten minutes.

A shame that fella didn't get his start today. "Dr. Karol Kogslotter" would probably have 150k sub on Youtube in a year. He surfaced from the depths for an interview on something called The Bench last year. Still had it - whatever "it" is.

Last edited:
Oh yes. I also remember SEC Guy calling in to that local Portland radio station and roasting the PAC-10 the year Auburn and Oregon were neck and neck for the championship game. It was so noteworthy they invited him out to speak on a live version of their show, and the dude showed up in a white suit and that same fake southern accent and went to town on 'em. Pretty funny stuff, although the gimmick ran out of gas after the first ten minutes.

A shame that fella didn't get his start today. "Dr. Karol Kogslotter" would probably have 150k sub on Youtube in a year. He surfaced from the depths for an interview on something called The Bench last year. Still had it - whatever "it" is.
Yes…Dr. Karol Kogslotter….damn he was funny.

Reactions: Voltopia

That is where we totally differ so move on. I think LSU will have just as good a roster as SC so a difference of opinion so no need to converse anymore. Your the one that posted to what I said not the other way around. I think LSU will have just as great a roster you don't enough said. For now on ignore my post I don't need Sc morons that want to argue everytime you say something they don't like.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
No. I just hate seeing nonsense that’s all. You actually sound like that guy on Twitter.
Certainly not nonsense to say the roster that LSU will put on the floor next season is exceptional. Only someone like you would think that totally brain dead to facts and information. How could anyone think that the combination of Reese, Williams, F. Johnson, and S. Smith don't match any four you have coming back. At the moment Reese is the leading contender for player of the year in the SEC. Smith is very close to averaging a double double, I've seem Williams play enough to know she is going to be an impact player right away. Johnson is as good as any of the guards you have coming back. Then you have the other freshmen that will make their bench along with the returnees very solid. Your not very smart when it comes to basketball can see that very clearly.

Last edited:
Reactions: LV renaissance
I cannot say that is true for me. I like good rivalries. There was a stretch were Baylor was dominant, but it only lasted a few years. There was a stretch were Notre Dame was dominant, but it only lasted a few years. Now we have South Carolina, and they’re at the top of their game. Boston will be gone next year and we will have to wait and see if they continue to be as successful. Schools tend to have bigger fan bases while winning. UConn, on the other hand, has had sustained excellence for quite a long period of time. Women’s basketball has considerably more parity now than ever before, and it will be difficult for any one school to dominate as in the past. UConn fans are spoiled, but it’s really difficult to win national championships in this era, but I am confident they will continue to be successful. I have a completely different reason for my dislike of the coach of SC, and it is not basketball related, and for the sake of not, “getting into it” here on a basketball message board, I will just say that I thought she was extremely wrong.

She's a special Black woman!!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back