Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

IU plays UNC tomorrow, big game. IU is missing their best player, Grace Berger, due to knee injury. If anyone remembers, in 2020 during Covid year, when the tourney was cancelled, SC had a 30-1 record, only loss was to IU early in season. The IU coach, Moren, is legit, and the IU players are as well.

IU plays UNC tomorrow, big game. IU is missing their best player, Grace Berger, due to knee injury. If anyone remembers, in 2020 during Covid year, when the tourney was cancelled, SC had a 30-1 record, only loss was to IU early in season. The IU coach, Moren, is legit, and the IU players are as well.

Even with the injury, IU should still be favored at home...

Reactions: chuckiepoo
“Still, LSU doesn’t play a single ranked opponent during their nonconference slate. Their first (and as of now only) top-25 matchup will come against No. 1 South Carolina on Feb. 12.”

Ouch. I didn’t realize LSU and SC are the only ranked teams in the conference.
You wonder why that is since Arkansas is also undefeated and has a win over Kansas State previously ranked number 25. LSU has only played one team with a ranking under 300.

LSU does have a ridiculously easy schedule. Several of the teams are way below the mid major level and none from a power 5 conference. Kim has defended this by stating that the teams were scheduled before they got transfers such as Angel. In any case, my guess is that they will get upset early in the conference schedule because it will be a major step up in competition. Last night, lowly Southeastern Louisiana got them to a 4 point margin in 4th quarter. It will be interesting to sees how this plays out.

LSU does have a ridiculously easy schedule. Several of the teams are way below the mid major level and none from a power 5 conference. Kim has defended this by stating that the teams were scheduled before they got transfers such as Angel. In any case, my guess is that they will get upset early in the conference schedule because it will be a major step up in competition. Last night, lowly Southeastern Louisiana got them to a 4 point margin in 4th quarter. It will be interesting to sees how this plays out.

Eh don’t be shocked if they’re a contender for the title in the SEC. Kim has always scheduled about like this, sorta her trademark.

She likes to have a bunch of super trash teams to get her defense and offense lined out in live game situations. Everyone hates it, but it works for her.

I for one would have preferred us to have a schedule more like LSU than how ours was done. I still don’t understand the rationale of the OSU game. Opening the season on the road against a ranked team was a horrible idea and set us up for a really bumpy start.

I know they wanted a homecoming for Jordy but we could have definitely found an easier opponent for that.

Eh don’t be shocked if they’re a contender for the title in the SEC. Kim has always scheduled about like this, sorta her trademark.

She likes to have a bunch of super trash teams to get her defense and offense lined out in live game situations. Everyone hates it, but it works for her.

I for one would have preferred us to have a schedule more like LSU than how ours was done. I still don’t understand the rationale of the OSU game. Opening the season on the road against a ranked team was a horrible idea and set us up for a really bumpy start.

I know they wanted a homecoming for Jordy but we could have definitely found an easier opponent for that.
Massey’s has LSU’s strength of schedule at 323, ours is at 4, and LSU is ranked in the AP at 11, while we’re unranked. Since this is our situation, each game has become more
imperative to win, bringing with it more pressure, and possibly nerves and confidence issues. We can still play the best schedule, but it doesn’t have to be in the very beginning. Right now, 2 of the first 3 teams we played, and lost to, are ranked in the top 5. Hope we start with some cupcakes next year.

Last edited:
Massey’s has LSU’s strength of schedule at 323, ours is at 4, and LSU is ranked in the AP at 11, while we’re unranked. Since this is our situation, each game has become more
imperative to win, bringing with it more pressure, and possibly nerves and confidence issues. We can still play the best schedule, but it doesn’t have to be in the very beginning. Right now, 2 of the first 3 teams we played, and lost to, are ranked in the top 5. Hope we start with some cupcakes next year.

We used to do that and the coaches got ridiculed for playing cupcakes. I don't see many posts from the poster who used to blast away on scheduling cupcakes because even one was too many for the Lady Vols. Kellie wanted to move closer to a Pat type schedule and had the players that should have been able do it. Unfortunately, the transition was more difficult than they thought it would be but, IMO, by the end December, this team will have gelled enough to beat those teams....at least.

Last edited:

That game was amazing. One player from SEL put on a show and scored at will. I was really pulling for them.

VN Store

Back