Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If what the little birds are saying are true, there's going to be a coaching opening after the Big 12 tournament.

In Austin or Norman?
Norman. I actually went to the game yesterday and saw a team playing that was beat before the ball was even tipped off. Ran into an acquaintance that tends to be in the know and he said donations are starting to dry up if a change isn't made. There is apparently a lot of disapproval from some of the money folks over the fact a certain someone escaped the coaching staff wipeout last year and that certain someone wasn't exactly a popular choice from the start. They are starting to force the issue.

Attendance is way down and I don't care what the announced numbers were, they lost money yesterday as soon as they flipped on the lights in the LNC. When Women's Gymnastics and Softball are outperforming you in attendance, there's a problem. Of course, both those programs have national championships because the nepotism involved in coaching staff selections has turned out to be good choices... unlike basketball.

There is a lot of underutilized talent on that team. Gregory and Llanusa can be superstars and Robertson is probably one of the best shooters in the college ranks. But there is zero height on that team regardless of the inflated numbers they say on the Soonersports roster. I've seen some guard-centric teams that can beat opponents like a red headed stepchild, but this team just plays flat and unmotivated. Recruiting next year is looking bad as well as, instead of looking for height, they go and sign a 5'5 point guard.

It's time for a change. The fans want it, the donors are grumbling about it and I'm pretty sure the AD realizes things can go sideways even more if they continue.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Wow! Baylor loses to Iowa State 57-56 after a foul was called with less than a second left to secure the win for Iowa State with free throws.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Watching the Maryland-Ohio State game and the attendance does not look so good. Also, Maryland’s point guard is quite chunky, but she moves well.

30-29 Maryland mid second quarter. If we get in and play Ohio State I see a close game, missed bunnies and turnovers.

Ucon had "Big Brother" watching over everything said...This forum has a good moderator in "freak", who only gets involved when needed or asked.

Much better

Whatever one thinks about policing--and, on the positive side, the UCONN board doesn't allow the sort of personal comments about players that you often find problematic--what the Boneyard does offer that I find really valuable and interesting is a secondary General Women's Basketball Forum that provides a great deal of information/discussion about non-UCONN teams, and features, along with some UCONN fans of course, regular contributors who are fans of other teams: among them a bunch from Mississippi State and South Carolina (only one or two, I think, from here; maybe one from LSU), as well as others from Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina State, Baylor, Stanford, UCLA, the Arizona schools, Oregon State, and Oregon (my school), with threads dedicated to individual games, recruiting, etc. For those who hate the evil empire to the North, there will still be some annoying stuff, and there are a few posters who must constantly prove that--for example, and close to home for me--Ionescu couldn't possibly be as good as player A or B from UCONN, but they are a minority and almost always challenged in one way or another. So--mostly a lot of good stuff about WBB generally, and I think it's worth a look if you are interested in the current landscape.

Reactions: Rixxx and JayQueUK
Ah I didn’t know that what a shame... how in the world do you have a powerhouse program and no forum for your own fans smh... haha please No... no CockVol talk 😂
There are multiple forums...Gamecock Nation....Gamecock Central....and SEC Talk....and a few more free forums...but the problem with those forums is the trolls. The dedication to WBB at South Carolina is real. The attendance says it all. This board and the Boneyard seem to be more dedicated to WBB because they were and are the face of WBB. You should welcome other program posters and not get caught up in the fact that Tennessee in in a rebuild mode....and they will rebuild if the administration and the fans will give Kellie a fighting chance.

Reactions: mcannon1 and glv98
There are multiple forums...Gamecock Nation....Gamecock Central....and SEC Talk....and a few more free forums...but the problem with those forums is the trolls. The dedication to WBB at South Carolina is real. The attendance says it all. This board and the Boneyard seem to be more dedicated to WBB because they were and are the face of WBB. You should welcome other program posters and not get caught up in the fact that Tennessee in in a rebuild mode....and they will rebuild if the administration and the fans will give Kellie a fighting chance.

Shoot we have a troll problem here as well. I am just surprised that with all the success S.C. fans wouldn’t be in those forums. It seems like other fans come here to either float or kick TN while they are down right now. Well anyways enjoy your stay in LV land.

Last edited:
Reactions: superfly

VN Store

Back