Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I'm on board with giving players one transfer without penalty, and having to sit out a year if there's a second transfer. Too often kids make the wrong decision about schools based on what OTHERS want for them or, even, what they themselves THOUGHT they wanted, only to get there and if not immediately, then soon realize they'd made a huge, unhappy mistake. I don't think kids should have to suffer for having made a mistake.

And I believe that the majority of kids who find themselves in that position take much more care in making the decision on which school to transfer to, because by the time they do they actually know more about what college is all about and can make a more informed decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolBall09
I'm on board with giving players one transfer without penalty, and having to sit out a year if there's a second transfer. Too often kids make the wrong decision about schools based on what OTHERS want for them or, even, what they themselves THOUGHT they wanted, only to get there and if not immediately, then soon realize they'd made a huge, unhappy mistake. I don't think kids should have to suffer for having made a mistake.

And I believe that the majority of kids who find themselves in that position take much more care in making the decision to which school to transfer to, because by the time they do they actually know more about what college is all about and can make a more informed decision.
Especially true if there's a coaching change.

Alabama could possibly make the tournament if the beat Missouri in the finale and win 2 in the SEC tourney to get to 20 wins. After tonights games...Bama 52 in RPI, Lady Vols are 59

Reactions: lvocd
Auburn wins at Missouri with 3 players scoring 20 plus points, not named double double machine Unique Thompson. UT will have to play well to win Sunday.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Southern Illinois beat MO State 78-66 i re watched the game this morning.
If someone other than MO State wins the conference tourney, would that be one less spot for an at large? I would think MO State would be in regardless of what happens in their tournament.

Alabama could possibly make the tournament if the beat Missouri in the finale and win 2 in the SEC tourney to get to 20 wins. After tonights games...Bama 52 in RPI, Lady Vols are 59

Kristy Curry may have done the most amazing coaching job of any coach in the SEC this year, having done much more with much less than anyone else (IMO). That group of young women should be extremely proud of the season they're having.

The ACC really had a pretty poor season overall. Louisville and N.C. State are the only two teams that are really quality basketball teams.

Duke played well to close the season but are 18-11 with some bad losses and a couple good wins.

Florida State, Notre Dame, Miami and Syracuse were all ranked well to begin the season and have had subpar seasons that are getting worse and not better.

Maybe I’m late to the game, but I just saw Promise Taylor has medically retired from basketball. She looked really good as a freshman at Ole Miss and I expected big things for her at MSST.

Apparently she had reconstructive surgery on her ankle and struggled with the recovery process. Wishing her all the best, always sad when injuries dictate a players ability.

That’s kind of sad cometary on the current state of our program. I remember when bama had some very good teams, but not lately.

VN Store

Back