Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Baylor spanked Texas by 20 tonight at Texas. Baylor opened it up in the second half after a 5 point lead at the half.

Baylor has a tough defense. Right now I can see Baylor, South Carolina and UConn in the final 4 with a fight for the other spot.

Baylor spanked Texas by 20 tonight at Texas. Baylor opened it up in the second half after a 5 point lead at the half.

Baylor has a tough defense. Right now I can see Baylor, South Carolina and UConn in the final 4 with a fight for the other spot.
Down by 20 with two minutes left Aston decides to press Baylor's subs... again. Wonder why she doesn't try this in the 3rd Qtr when the game is still in the balance and she has home court advantage??? 🤔

It was a good defensive game though. Texas held Baylor to 22 points below their season average and Baylor held Holmes & Collier to a combined 3 for 24 from the field.

Last edited:
Florida Gulf Coast is back in the Top 25 on the womens side.

College basketball: FGCU women return to USA TODAY Coaches Poll at No. 24

The USA Today Coaches Poll has them at #24. They where in at #25, but fell out on January 14, despite having a perfect record in conference play and having not lost since the LSU game way back in December. They where 20-2 as of the latest poll coming out a few days ago, but moved to 21-2 after beating Liberty on Saturday.

ESPN has them currently an 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament. If they can take care of business and one or more teams above them don't suffer any epic collapses, they have a realistic shot to not only make the NCAA Tournament, again, but also to possibly make it at least to the Round of 32.

Granted if they go in an 8 seed, they'd play a 9 seed which is a near 50-50 toss up, but then probably get ripped to pieces by the 1 seed in their section of the bracket.

Mississippi State won 80-39 over Ole Misso_O
Ole Miss has no players, we knocked snot out of them, SC knocked snot out of them, they are a demoralized team, no surprise Miss St did. Sadly they are getting worse, and with almost zero bench, the season, travel is really taking it's toll. I am really surprised some top talent on teams are not sitting the games out. Dawn did that several times with...cough...injuries to Aja. But, they have a nice class coming in, several grad transfers might come their way...if closer to home. And they will be much better next year.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

I think both Oregon schools are better than UConn

Ole Miss has no players, we knocked snot out of them, SC knocked snot out of them, they are a demoralized team, no surprise Miss St did. Sadly they are getting worse, and with almost zero bench, the season, travel is really taking it's toll. I am really surprised some top talent on teams are not sitting the games out. Dawn did that several times with...cough...injuries to Aja. But, they have a nice class coming in, several grad transfers might come their way...if closer to home. And they will be much better next year.
I hope so. I feel bad for them. Says a lot about their character that they keep fighting, despite the circumstances.

Down by 20 with two minutes left Aston decides to press Baylor's subs... again. Wonder why she doesn't try this in the 3rd Qtr when the game is still in the balance and she has home court advantage??? 🤔

It was a good defensive game though. Texas held Baylor to 22 points below their season average and Baylor held Holmes & Collier to a combined 3 for 24 from the field.
Because she is horrible. They’re going to be even worse next year. If she doesn’t get fired this year she definitely will next year.

Reactions: BUBear
Because she is horrible. They’re going to be even worse next year. If she doesn’t get fired this year she definitely will next year.

Yep, I think her recruiting is about to dry up. Thats how I felt for us last season if Holly wasn’t going to be let go. It’s obvious that Karen isn’t the answer at Texas. One more season would be nothing more than a courtesy. The writing is on the wall for young players. They aren’t blind, they see a bunch of talented players vastly underachieving just like the Lady Vols were the last two years.

I think Felisha Legette-Jack would be a great fit at Texas, she has a real fire about her.

The female knee is a definite weak spot. I had a close friend tear her ACL while vacuuming. Hate to hear this about any player on any team.

VN Store

Back