Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

i don't want to see any team implode but that's why you gotta be upfront. Some of the recruits didn't like the fact kellie didn't promise starting spots and etc. Now we are starting to see some of the effects of promises not being kept all around the country. This is not meant directly for UCONN but in general
It is well known that Geno promises nothing to his recruits. Nothing. Practice determines game time. Just watched a video of him yelling at his players during a practice, "you can either force me to play you or force me to bench you...your choice". Guess that sums it all up. Azzi is resting a stress injury in her foot. And where did these "parental" rumblings from her parents come from? Anyone willing to give us some legit content?

Reactions: glv98
It is well known that Geno promises nothing to his recruits. Nothing. Practice determines game time. Just watched a video of him yelling at his players during a practice, "you can either force me to play you or force me to bench you...your choice".
Guess that sums it all up. Azzi is resting a stress injury in her foot. And where did these "parental" rumblings from her parents come from? Anyone willing to give us some legit content?
“For public consumption release” video? Link?

Reactions: Harvey Peak
It is well known that Geno promises nothing to his recruits. Nothing. Practice determines game time. Just watched a video of him yelling at his players during a practice, "you can either force me to play you or force me to bench you...your choice". Guess that sums it all up. Azzi is resting a stress injury in her foot. And where did these "parental" rumblings from her parents come from? Anyone willing to give us some legit content?

Ok 😉. If Geno took someone on a tour to get them on the team WHEN HE WASNT SUPPOSED to do that. What makes any of us think he may not have said "hey you come to uconn and you get to play with paige and be featured as a star? What else can you ask for?".

The DMV (DC, MD, VA) isn't as big as some of you think and when i tell you word gets around it gets around in certain circles it does.

My question is would it be unreasonable for a parent not to be happy with their daughter's situation. I don't care who the coach is. People transferred from TN because of this ( Sade Wileygatewood) so it isn't like being upset about a situation is uncommon. Could also be they have to adjust and they are complaining to their parents and parents vent their frustration.

With the stress injury... If Azzi is playing for lucrative money (which she is) is it unreasonable for a parent to say "well why the hell did it get to this point" out of frustration and maybe they cooled off after sometime.

If you read my previous posts you would see i said i wouldn't be surprised if she stayed or if she left. Also I believe i stated i have close connections with a TOP 24' class member who actually plays with a 23' our coaches have targeted. Since they all played in that same area things get around. So for anyone that thinks i just heard it on the site i'm apart of WOMP wrong.

For the final golden nugget Azzi announced Uconn was her choice pretty late for what everyone THINKS was a "duh we all knew that" moment. Ya know why it was be because ... well ya know what of course you know why because i guess you summed it all up for us😀

This isn't an attack on your questions at all so please do not take it as such. But I didn't just pull this stuff out my backside it's being said. Whether there is truth to it or not I can't say exactly 💯 but when i tell you it comes from people in those circles that's all i can say. So if you are looking for those of us on here to name drop anyone to break their trust i don't actually think that will happen. Sorry bud 😀 But again maybe something was said in frustration and it got out like that.

I am glad to see you're passionate about Geno and the women's game though! It creates great conversations.

Last edited:

Haha, going back and reading what you actually responded to I was really talking about other programs promising players things to get them there on campus. You had me ✍🏾 that long thing and what i was talking about isn't directly talking about Geno😂 I will name drop a program like MD who i heard promise things to players to get them on campus. Let's look at Mimi Collins and the situation that some people from Brendas camp were supposedly in her ear before she was even in the portal. How, because they talk to someone in those AAU circles and then they get in the parents ear. So it's not a direct tampering but it's how the game is played on the women's side unfortunately as well now😔 (and it's been said she tried the same thing with Candace when got Gatewood to transfer but Pat shot that down with the quickness).

This is triggering for some fans on this board so when i hear stuff be if recruiting, inside info, etc i'm just going to sit back and drop a 🍿 😂

Man these fans get triggered 😂 Someone mentioned the Boneyard is much more restricted maybe she would do the same thing over here 😂

They can’t handle it. They smell a loss coming lol

If you’re an outsider boneyard will just straight up censor you. I’ve been a member in the past. Your posts will get deleted for all sorts of things.

Reactions: mlindsay
Seton Hall suspends Espinoza-Hunter vs. UConn

i guess we will have to see how she plays against her old team. Might be a difference maker and make the game more competitive next time

Yeah it was a bummer she didn’t play. She’s a huge part of what they do. Think it would have been single digits if she had been on the court.

Really don’t think the UCONN team chemistry is there right now. Just not that exciting to watch the last couple times I tuned in. Of course I’m not a fan, but in the past I have appreciated the beauty of the machine. Some parts are missing this season, I swear.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a bummer she didn’t play. She’s a huge part of what they do. Think it would have been single digits if she had been on the court.

Really don’t think the UCONN team chemistry is there right now. Just not that exciting to watch. Of course I’m not a fan, but in the past I have appreciated the beauty of the machine. Some parts are missing this season, I swear.

Shhh 🤫 we have connies on the loose don't say that 👀 😂

Something does seem off and not like Uconn of the past. They are winning but doesn't seem fluid like normal. When you talk about that sort of thing uconn has been the standard and i don't think many could argue they haven't been.

They can’t handle it. They smell a loss coming lol

If you’re an outsider boneyard will just straight up censor you. I’ve been a member in the past. Your posts will get deleted for all sorts of things.

They have Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, UCLA, and Louisville in their next few games. They may have more then 1 loss if they have to continue to play their starters so many minutes, especially Bueckers. She is averaging almost 36 minutes a game. They had 4 out of 5 starters play 30+ minutes last night. Compare that to the Lady Vols, South Carolina, Louisville, or even NC State who have no one over 30 minutes per game currently. Maryland has a few over 30 minutes. I know they have played fewer games, but this could be a problem down the road if they don’t develop a bench.

They have Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, UCLA, and Louisville in their next few games. They may have more then 1 loss if they have to continue to play their starters so many minutes, especially Bueckers. She is averaging almost 36 minutes a game. They had 4 out of 5 starters play 30+ minutes last night. Compare that to the Lady Vols, South Carolina, Louisville, or even NC State who have no one over 30 minutes per game currently. Maryland has a few over 30 minutes. I know they have played fewer games, but this could be a problem down the road if they don’t develop a bench.

I think Notre Dame and Louisville have a shot. Thought Ga Tech would be better than they have played. They brought back a nice team and added a good transfer. Slow start so far though.

Just don’t think UCLA is very good this season. Geno and Cori are buddies so he’ll go light on her but they don’t have the stuff this season. They had a tough thanksgiving weekend.

Right now UConn is playing like a pretty good Big East team. Except for Paige, they have too many one dimensional players and not enough deep threats. Teams are willing to give up the 3 ball to anyone but Paige and protect the paint. Right now they are either leading the nation, or close, in FG% at 52% but only shooting 33% from 3. The half court offense is stagnant and most of their points come in transition. Until Seton Hall they were losing 73% of offensive rebounds. So that part of their game has been non existent. It's all fixable. The question is IF it will be fixed.

Really don’t think the UCONN team chemistry is there right now. Just not that exciting to watch. Of course I’m not a fan, but in the past I have appreciated the beauty of the machine. Some parts are missing this season, I swear.

Saw just a little of the game yesterday. What I saw was when PB went after a smaller player and grabbed the ball out of her hands, the refs called a foul, then she walked all over the court cradling the ball with both arms, looking shocked, while Geno argued the call. I found it ridiculously obnoxious. Wonder if her teammates get tired of her constantly seeking the limelight. Hope we slaughter UConn and the drama queen.

Saw just a little of the game yesterday. What I saw was when PB went after a smaller player and grabbed the ball out of her hands, the refs called a foul, then she walked all over the court cradling the ball with both arms, looking shocked, while Geno argued the call. I found it ridiculously obnoxious. Wonder if her teammates get tired of her constantly seeking the limelight. Hope we slaughter UConn and the drama queen.

They've got major chemistry issues.

That was the first thing I looked up last night when I noticed she did not play against Uconn and boy did Seatan hall miss her 18.7 points.

I think Notre Dame and Louisville have a shot. Thought Ga Tech would be better than they have played. They brought back a nice team and added a good transfer. Slow start so far though.

Just don’t think UCLA is very good this season. Geno and Cori are buddies so he’ll go light on her but they don’t have the stuff this season. They had a tough thanksgiving weekend.
Georgia Tech loss their entire starting backcourt to injury and transfer within a couple of months.

I like a player with some swagger, but when it begins to inch over into too-much-ego territory it makes me cringe. It's not a look that says "I'm all about the team," but more, "Look at ME and how special I am!"

To be fair, there have been at least a couple Lady Vols over the years who walked that fine line between just enough and too much ego, but they managed never to make me actually cringe. There have been shows of emotion after great plays in close games that, to me, are unsderstandable. But IMO, parading around looking incredulous for an extended period is a bit much.

She's a great player, though.

I love our fans here.

Tennessee beats Tennessee Tech, at home, by 28 points.
"What an impressive win, Kellie has them playing great!"

UConn beats Seton Hall, on the road, by 25 points.
"What's wrong with UConn? Clearly chemistry issues."

I love our fans here.

Tennessee beats Tennessee Tech, at home, by 28 points.
"What an impressive win, Kellie has them playing great!"

UConn beats Seton Hall, on the road, by 25 points.
"What's wrong with UConn? Clearly chemistry issues."

Same fans that said UConn plays in a cupcake league, AAC…
Tennessee “slides” by USF and UCF…. What a great games

VN Store

Back