Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It is a PG that reclassified from the ‘21 class. She is a mix between a more athletic Gabby Connally and Jasmine James. She can really shoot it and is crafty with the ball. Talaysia is visiting from the 17-19 September and I think heads to South Carolina September 24-26. Expect a commit shortly thereafter or she could pull the trigger after the Georgia visit. Joni likes having more than one point guard on the floor. The kid that committed to UGA is going public at 3pm tomorrow!

I wish kellie would do something like this 😂
coach sully used to do it but it was like an hour before they themselves announced lol like Sara Puckett committed to kellie in late April of 2020 and didt annouce till memorial day and that day coach sully sent out that "BOOM" tweet

different from Dawn who announces it months before her little birdie announces it publicly

Last edited:
West Virginia will be pretty tough again this season barring injury. Really all they lost from last season was Gondrezick and they have a couple players that can fill her role.

Pretty weak schedule over all though. I think Kentucky will finish worse this season than they did last year. Losing McKinney and Wyatt really hurt them. McKinney was a good stretch player and often opened things up for Howard.

UK has no true PG this season with Patterson gone. I’m guessing Benton will fill that role mostly but she’s not a natural point guard for sure. Who do you think will run the point for them?

I think Howard will be easier to defend this season because she doesn’t have McKinney and Patterson to draw attention. The rest of their returners did not impress me much last season. Edwards in particular seemed like she would be much better than she ended up.
I would assume Jazmine Massengill will run the point for them this year. She did much of last year.

I would assume Jazmine Massengill will run the point for them this year. She did much of last year.

Whoops forgot about her lol

Honest.

That’s for sure, again, not a true PG imo. Always felt she was more of a 3 type player. Just does not have much of a shot from more than 10’. Her offense will have to have improved for them to be very good.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Thanks man, I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on Baylor. What I really meant is just that we’re going to see a very different style of play there this season. Kim played big girl ball and Collen is more perimeter oriented.

The players she’s brought in are so they can shoot the 3. Kim’s teams averaged literally the fewest 3s in the NCAA.

Have a feeling the abrupt shift in style of play is going to have a negative impact on their season. Smith will likely be playing more of a Rennia Davis type roll. I’m betting she tries to use her more outside in. Egbo is going to end up getting lost in the shuffle after having been a focal point of the offense. Not going to be running things through the post like Mulkey.

On the flip I’m betting money LSU looks pretty dang close to her recent Baylor teams. So much of what Baylor did that made them good came directly from Kim. And the system she runs is pretty simple: don’t turn it over, don’t shoot 3s and get the ball to the big girl.

If you really watch her during the games she’s a lot like Gary Blair. She’s directing traffic almost the entire game. Her PG has to be tuned into her because she instructs the action on about every play unless they are running in transition. Even then I see her call the pass haha.

Moon leaving was surprising but I suspect it was because she couldn’t beat out Pointer and was disappointed she transferred and wasn’t automatically the Pg (100% speculation so if anyone knows better, correct me BAM). Pointer is a straight baller and will thrive under Mulkey. She’s Kim’s ideal guard. With Morris they are set at the guard spot. Brought the big girl along….watch out.

One player i will be watching is Baylor pg Sarah Andrews she looked very good at times when she was in the game.

Reactions: VolBall09
It is a PG that reclassified from the ‘21 class. She is a mix between a more athletic Gabby Connally and Jasmine James. She can really shoot it and is crafty with the ball. Talaysia is visiting from the 17-19 September and I think heads to South Carolina September 24-26. Expect a commit shortly thereafter or she could pull the trigger after the Georgia visit. Joni likes having more than one point guard on the floor. The kid that committed to UGA is going public at 3pm tomorrow!
@Tyree02 - Have you seen who it is? Nothing on Joni's twitter

@Tyree02 - Have you seen who it is? Nothing on Joni's twitter
PG Tineya Hylton
E-8nJfIXIAUThq6

Terrific pickup for Georgia she is from Canada and is a very quick guard they seem to have a lot of them up there.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Tineya got lucky with Caitlin Hose transferring, because Joni didn’t want to go over the 15 scholly even though she could. Tineya will arrive in December and play after finals are done for the fall semester. She is a very good player that will make UGA even better than they are right now.

Reactions: Volfan2012
Tineya got lucky with Caitlin Hose transferring, because Joni didn’t want to go over the 15 scholly even though she could. Tineya will arrive in December and play after finals are done for the fall semester. She is a very good player that will make UGA even better than they are right now.

haven't seen her on any of the recruiting rankings... i'm sure she will contribute tho i think UGA will be a top 5 team in the league

Reactions: Volfan2012
Tineya Hylton was initially in the 2021 class. She was ranked at #37 overall by ASGR for the ‘21 class. I didn’t see where any services placed her among the ‘22 class. She is a very athletic lead guard that can score it at all 3 levels. Her ability to shoot from three and get to the rack stuck out to me. She also really pushes it in transition. Another tidbit, looks like Tennessee may have made up a lot of ground with Talaysia Cooper. She visits Georgia next weekend on September 17-19.

Tineya Hylton was initially in the 2021 class. She was ranked at #37 overall by ASGR for the ‘21 class. I didn’t see where any services placed her among the ‘22 class. She is a very athletic lead guard that can score it at all 3 levels. Her ability to shoot from three and get to the rack stuck out to me. She also really pushes it in transition. Another tidbit, looks like Tennessee may have made up a lot of ground with Talaysia Cooper. She visits Georgia next weekend on September 17-19.

what makes you think TN made up ground on GA which is the presumed leader?

Talaysia retweeted Ella Hobbs’ tweet about how much she liked her visit to UT this weekend. She’s also been retweeting lots of Lady Vols tweets since her visit. She and Tamari follow one another on Twitter. Not solid evidence Talaysia is coming to Rocky Too, but it’s looking good. I told her I’m ready to buy her Lady Vol merch when she gets here, and she liked my tweet.

Yeah @Tyree02 . Inquiring mind want to know. (my sources are usually Joe at the carwash has a cousin who knows a guy whose girlfriend served coffee to the mom and she says......)
I went back and looked i think they are getting it from the fact she has retweeted A LOT of LV things from coaches to recruits visiting UT. After seeing that i believe UT has made headway as well and has her looking as a serious contender for her services.

VN Store

Back