Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Bre Beal must make that shot just lay it up. The defender is on no position to take a charge.

Agreed, she tried to fade away at the last second for some reason. I think Hull did get a tiny piece of it.

Catch .22 for SC, Beal is their best defender, but not exactly the player you want handling it in transition there. Think they would have been better off if she’s gotten the ball into Henderson’s hands. She can get to the rim and finish.

Reactions: volfan__18
Agreed, she tried to fade away at the last second for some reason. I think Hull did get a tiny piece of it.

Catch .22 for SC, Beal is their best defender, but not exactly the player you want handling it in transition there. Think they would have been better off if she’s gotten the ball into Henderson’s hands. She can get to the rim and finish.

Beal is right there at the basket Hull wanted to part of trying to stop her because she would have foul her. But this is why Beal needs to work on her offensive game. When came to SC she was a defensive player and still is. I will bet the house Rivers see more time at the 3 spot then Beal next year.

Stanford's depth will be the difference maker in this game. Everyone who comes in for them can score. They've realized that SC is a 3-woman offense, and that's not going to be enough no matter how many Stanford players are in foul trouble.
Stanford bench. Pretchtel 9 points. The other three players? 1 point.

* There were a total of 13 jump balls in the game, 3 of them were to start a quarter. That had to be a record.
* Both teams shot better on three pointers than from two pointers. South Carolina shot 31.9% on twos and 45% on threes. Stanford shot 38.4% on twos and 62.5% on threes. Crazy.
* Stanford might play 9 players but three of them were 0-5 from the field and scored only 1 point,
* South Carolina only went 6 deep.
* Talk about missed calls. South Carolina was down 3 points and had the ball. The Stanford player clearly kicked the ball but no call and it turned into a fast break layup.
* Stanford had 12 blocks against a tall South Carolina team. Brink had 6 of them. She just has that timing.
* South Carolina might have lost the game at the foul line. They were 8-12. Stanford was 11-12.
* The only bench player for South Carolina was Amihere. She was 0-9 on threes coming into the game. SO when did she take her only three in this game? With three minutes left and South Carolina down four points and 20 second left on the shot clock. It was an air ball. Huh??

Stanford bench. Pretchtel 9 points. The other three players? 1 point.
Stanford bench - 49 minutes
SC bench - 20 min

My point is that Stanford can rotate people in and give their starters a rest without much dropoff. Pretchel filled in for Brink and they didn't miss anything. Jump and Belibi both average over 7 pts a game and Hull #2 shoots 38% from deep with 16 made outside shots this season. They won't be the go-to players when they come in, but they are scoring threats and you can't cheat off any of them since they are all scoring threats.

SC has Amihere and that's it. Russell isn't ready, Littleton is useless, and the other two are glorified walkons.

scary thing is South Carolina loses nobody + a #1 recruiting class
SC had no backup PG, was missing scoring threats from 2 positions and no bench depth outside of a single post player once Grisette was lost for the season (and even then, she had a limited offensive game). The incoming recruits will fix that immediately without the pressure of having to start. Beal and Saxton will probably both start, but there's now more offensive minded options for them as well as the starting guards. If Russell improves in the offseason, that would be an added bonus.

scary thing is South Carolina loses nobody + a #1 recruiting class

That is true but we also know anything can happen. Everyone thought the Gamecocks would run ramshod over the conference. They did wind up being one of two top teams but had a lot of close calls on the way. Who knows which athlete will take a mega step and become a factor. Anything can happen.

I put this on another thread but perhaps better here since more clucks post here.
I know crazy but is Dawn expecting? No snark at all.

I put this on another thread but perhaps better here since more clucks post here.
I know crazy but is Dawn expecting? No snark at all.
Considering she is 50 years old I would say that’s highly unlikely lol

VN Store

Back