Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Dodson had some injuries that kept her from ever getting to full speed at Stanford but she did well when she was healthy, but I think the combination of shrinking minutes plus the lack of health meant she will probably leave with degree in hand after this year and perhaps join a program next year.

A Stanford degree is tough to pass on and I don't know that I would leave there even with reduced minutes unless I had the parchment in hand. Tara hasn't won a NC since 1992 and may not ever get another one but she's ran an excellent program for many years. Pat indicated in one of her books she would have gladly sent her daughter to Stanford if she had one to play for Tara. I agree 100%.

This should read, “Virginia (0-5) ends season due to 0-5 record.”

So far no team who has been playing well has ended their season from what I can tell. Duke got their butt handed to them in their first real game and then suspended. Would be willing to bet if UVA was 5-0 instead they would be gunning to play.

I can understand concerns over COVID but it seems teams are using it as an easy out. Teams that are struggling suddenly want to pull the plug. So far Thompson has done absolutely nothing to improve UVA. Wouldn’t have been hiring out of Karen Astons’ coaching tree anyway.

Last edited:
This should read, “Virginia (0-5) ends season due to 0-5 record.”

So far no team who has been playing well has ended their season from what I can tell. Duke got their butt handed to them in their first real game and then suspended. Would be willing to bet if UVA was 5-0 instead they would be gunning to play.

I can understand concerns over COVID but it seems teams are using it as an easy out. Teams that are struggling suddenly want to pull the plug. So far Thompson has done absolutely nothing to improve UVA. Wouldn’t have been hiring out of Karen Astons’ coaching tree anyway.

I would think she would be able to pull some talent from next door in NC ?

I would think she would be able to pull some talent from next door in NC ?

One would think, this is year 3 and she hasn’t done anything yet. No big recruits, no big wins and they have gotten worse and not better since she took over.

They went from 19-14 the season before the coaching change to sub .500 the last two seasons and then a goose egg this season. If I were the UVA athletic director I’d be looking for a new coach.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
One would think, this is year 3 and she hasn’t done anything yet. No big recruits, no big wins and they have gotten worse and not better since she took over.

They went from 19-14 the season before the coaching change to sub .500 the last two seasons and then a goose egg this season. If I were the UVA athletic director I’d be looking for a new coach.

Look at GW jennifer rizzotti she has been bad at that program and this is a 5th year. Not saying VA should give Thompson 5 years but let`s see how she do after this covid 19.

Zaay Green on the floor tonight for A&M against LSU. LSU currently up at the beginning of the 2nd quarter--luv ya Zaay, but we need LSU to win tonight :p

If I said what was truly on my mind right now I'd lose a lot of respect. I can't believe we didn't call timeout 10 or upped that run. Good freaking grief

Reactions: JustaChicken
Vandy down 49 13 at the half to SC. Makes me feel thismuch better right now, and that's with Boston having just 2 points.

Pointer for LSU in OT hasn't shot 1 FT, she seemed to shoot 33(10 actually)last game against us. Trasi scored 9 against us, fouled out tonight 0 points. 3 of 8 from the line and LSU might still beat undefeated A&M.

Congrats to LSU on the overtime win. Will be a crazy season in the SEC
Same MO for Tennessee. You have to execute and limit the turnovers.

VN Store

Back