Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

These "ratings" are just the opinion of a service run by someone with sketchy credentials. Muhl and Edwards are both talented, and both will see plenty of playing time. Beyond that, it's all speculation..
The Evil Genius II doesn't go deep in his bench, so only 6-7 will see the majority of the minutes, Unless Geno changes his whole coaching philosophy

The Evil Genius II doesn't go deep in his bench, so only 6-7 will see the majority of the minutes, Unless Geno changes his whole coaching philosophy
Not on this year's team. He has done it before. It depends on how much talent is on the team and whether they have learned the UConn system. He will go nine or ten deep if the talent is there.

Not on this year's team. He has done it before. It depends on how much talent is on the team and whether they have learned the UConn system. He will go nine or ten deep if the talent is there.

The team has 6 freshman on an 11 player roster. I look for Auriemma to do a lot of lineup experiments early on. Bueckers, Edwards and Muhl will see lots of playing time. I also expect there will be 3 guards and 2 bigs playing most of the minutes. I

You know this service? Or just a general commentary on rankings in general?
Here are the scout's stellar credentials. You decide how much faith to give the rankings. Note the brief tenure at these leading institutions. :eek:

• Chief Executive Officer
    World Exposure Report
    Feb 2018 - Present2 years 9 months
  • Assistant Basketball Coach
    Highland Community College
    Jul 2017 - Feb 2018 8 months
  • HR Account Clerk & Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
    Motlow State Community College
    May 2016 - Jul 20171 year 3 months
    Tullahoma, TN
  • Assistant Basketball Coach; Women's Basketball
    Odessa College
    Jul 2015 - May 2016 11 months
    Odessa, Texas
  • Assistant Coach/ Instructor
    Moberly Area Community College
    Aug 2014 - May 2015 10 months
    Moberly, MO
  • Assistant Coach/ Recruiting Coordinator; Women's Basketball
    Iowa Western Community College
    Aug 2012 - Jul 2014 2 years
  • Assistant Coach; Women's Basketball
    Augusta State University
    Aug 2011 - May 201210 months
  • Assistant Coach/ Recruiting Coordinator; Women's Basketball
    Iowa Western Community College
    Aug 2009 - Aug 2011 2 years 1 month
    • Recruit prospective players, accompanied coaches on recruiting trips, maintained recruiting database and mail outs
    • Scout opposing teams for use in game planning and strategy
    • Assist in daily preparation and practice planning, personal development design, and implementation
    • Record game statistics and complete analyses
    • Authored articles and maintained team website
    • Coordinated all aspects of film exchange and video editing
    • Assist in coordinating..

With the new transfer anytime rule in place, Geno, and every other coach, needs to play as many players as they want to keep....The upper echelon teams may still be able to play fewer players, but the internal recruiting will be fierce by the other coaches and their players...

Why sit on the bench at ABC, when you can star at University XYZ. It is going to get wild.

Will Westbrook play primarily at the point for UConn and will she start?

Doubtful that she’ll play the point consistently. Unless her game is suddenly entirely different I imagine she’ll be on the wing. From a defensive standpoint she was awful, I’m sure that has improved under Auriemma but remains to be seen how much. There seemed to be some physical limitations to her game in terms of lateral movement. Maybe the knee. Either way I think they have better options at the point.

I suspect she’ll start to begin the season but I wouldn’t be shocked to see her move to the bench as some of their freshman come into form.

My personal opinion is that she isn’t going to be much of an asset to Geno. Unless she’s magically become a selfless player and put the drama to rest she’s going to cause distractions. We all know Geno doesn’t go for that. Much of her problem was Holly, but much of Holly’s problem was Evina...

Doubtful that she’ll play the point consistently. Unless her game is suddenly entirely different I imagine she’ll be on the wing. From a defensive standpoint she was awful, I’m sure that has improved under Auriemma but remains to be seen how much. There seemed to be some physical limitations to her game in terms of lateral movement. Maybe the knee. Either way I think they have better options at the point.

I suspect she’ll start to begin the season but I wouldn’t be shocked to see her move to the bench as some of their freshman come into form.

My personal opinion is that she isn’t going to be much of an asset to Geno. Unless she’s magically become a selfless player and put the drama to rest she’s going to cause distractions. We all know Geno doesn’t go for that. Much of her problem was Holly, but much of Holly’s problem was Evina...

My guess is that Evina will flourish and be one of the best players on this UConn team (at least this year). Like others have said, begin as the starting PG then move over to the starting W once Paige adjusts to the college game.

I know it seems popular to blame the players, but never underestimate The Warlick Effect. Evina is lucky that she only wasted two years under Holly, so she still has an opportunity to properly develop.

What I am hearing is that Evina will probably start the year at the point based on experience watching the team last year, but will yield to the two freshmen points sometime in January. Most of her year she will be sharing minutes on the wing primarily with Williams and Makurat. It's expected that Geno will go 9 deep as a conference rotation. Typically as the games gain importance, the rotation shrinks to 7 during the tournament.

It's expected that Geno will go 9 deep as a conference rotation. Typically as the games gain importance, the rotation shrinks to 7 during the tournament.

So that would likely be Bueckers, Williams, Westbrook, Griffin, ONO as starters, and Makurat/Edwards off the bench?

Poor Mir McLean. She should start filling out transfer applications ASAP. It will only get worse for her next year with Ducherme, Poffenberger, Deberry and maybe Fudd joining the team as well. Barring a mass exodus or bunch of injuries, I see no way that she sees the court for more than a handful of mop-up minutes.

My guess is that Evina will flourish and be one of the best players on this UConn team (at least this year). Like others have said, begin as the starting PG then move over to the starting W once Paige adjusts to the college game.

I know it seems popular to blame the players, but never underestimate The Warlick Effect. Evina is lucky that she only wasted two years under Holly, so she still has an opportunity to properly develop.

Doubt it. Good luck to her though.

Guys haven't noticed that not all Uconn players makes WNBA roster.

So that would likely be Bueckers, Williams, Westbrook, Griffin, ONO as starters, and Makurat/Edwards off the bench?

Poor Mir McLean. She should start filling out transfer applications ASAP. It will only get worse for her next year with Ducherme, Poffenberger, Deberry and maybe Fudd joining the team as well. Barring a mass exodus or bunch of injuries, I see no way that she sees the court for more than a handful of mop-up minutes.

I agree. Quite honestly though she should be one who gets good minutes, her motor and athleticism reminds me of Gabby Williams.

clearly,,,I don't follow them.
Nor do I want to

I check in with them from time to time to see what is cooking in the Boneyard.......Most of their posters are really fair and fun guys...Of course, there are a few haters, but that is a problem wherever message boards exist....

When we were more of a threat, it was a lot more fun to read their board....Their current enemy is South Carolina.

I give Geno credit for bringing offensive game plans to the women's game. He did improve the flow of the game, and helped make it more enjoyable to watch for us fans....

This ought to fire someone up...LOL
giphy.gif

I give Geno credit for bringing offensive game plans to the women's game. He did improve the flow of the game, and helped make it more enjoyable to watch for us fans....

The beauty of it is that other teams have caught on to the importance of a well-run offense. ND, MSST, Oregon, Baylor and Stanford come to mind as teams in recent years that have embraced efficient ball-movement, spacing, crisp passing, valuing possessions, and setting up/making high percentage shots. Hopefully, Kellie is next in line.

I agree. Quite honestly though she should be one who gets good minutes, her motor and athleticism reminds me of Gabby Williams.

May be so, but too bad for her there are better players either there or coming. McLean may have similar athleticism as Gabby, but I doubt she has her passing ability/court IQ...and that's why she's likely to be the first one packing her bags. Not hating, but I doubt she came to UConn to sit on the bench for 90% of the game. Unless someone is hurt, I don't see her taking minutes from Westbrook, Makurat, Griffin or Edwards...and that's not even considering who's coming in next year.

The beauty of it is that other teams have caught on to the importance of a well-run offense. ND, MSST, Oregon, Baylor and Stanford come to mind as teams in recent years that have embraced efficient ball-movement, spacing, crisp passing, valuing possessions, and setting up/making high percentage shots. Hopefully, Kellie is next in line.

hate him, but love what he brought to the women's game

May be so, but too bad for her there are better players either there or coming. McLean may have similar athleticism as Gabby, but I doubt she has her passing ability/court IQ...and that's why she's likely to be the first one packing her bags. Not hating, but I doubt she came to UConn to sit on the bench for 90% of the game. Unless someone is hurt, I don't see her taking minutes from Westbrook, Makurat, Griffin or Edwards...and that's not even considering who's coming in next year.
Those coming in and some who are there will have to take a back seat to Mir. She is evidently better than you think.

Reactions: mlindsay and SCspur

VN Store

Back