Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I would be careful what you wish for. UConn's roster this year might be weaker than what it will probably be when EW is eligible. If Geno pairs her with Fudd, the rest of wcbb can forget it...

I didn’t wish. I prayed. And it was granted, unless Geno wins by appeal. I’m not afraid of UCONN, their weak post or them setting the world on fire next year with a freshman guard. I just don’t think Westbrook deserved a waiver. She’ll play for 2 years there and I’m sure she’ll have a great career. But it won’t start until next fall.

I doubt she wins on appeal, what's going to change from now to then? I hope she takes the opportunity to sit, mature and get healthy. She'll be really fun to watch with a year of practicing with Geno. I suspect he's only concerned due to their lack of depth at the guard position. Can't possibly help their case that he's already trashing the NCAA before they even submit the appeal.

You might notice that coaches who seem to get waivers approved typically fall in the "diplomatic" category. They know how to play the game, they are patient and accept their fate when it doesn't go their way. Whining and complaining to the media does not seem to get you very far in the waiver process.

They are one injury away from serious lineup problems this year, and we all know the risk for injury goes up the thinner you are.

Not sure what Bible you've been reading if you're praying for bad fortune toward others. Congrats, I guess...

That’s your perspective. I didn’t pray for bad fortune. I prayed for justice. If you feel it’s bad fortune, instead of the NCAA following its own guidelines, that’s on you.

That’s your perspective. I didn’t pray for bad fortune. I prayed for justice. If you feel it’s bad fortune, instead of the NCAA following its own guidelines, that’s on you.

I've never "prayed" about basketball, but whatever. You do you. Nevertheless, I still see Geno and EW getting the last laugh in this one...

I doubt she wins on appeal, what's going to change from now to then? I hope she takes the opportunity to sit, mature and get healthy. She'll be really fun to watch with a year of practicing with Geno. I suspect he's only concerned due to their lack of depth at the guard position. Can't possibly help their case that he's already trashing the NCAA before they even submit the appeal.

You might notice that coaches who seem to get waivers approved typically fall in the "diplomatic" category. They know how to play the game, they are patient and accept their fate when it doesn't go their way. Whining and complaining to the media does not seem to get you very far in the waiver process.

They are one injury away from serious lineup problems this year, and we all know the risk for injury goes up the thinner you are.

What changes is the people making the decision.

I seem to be going against the grain with this opinion, but I'm personally skeptical that criticism from fans had much, if anything, to do with the transfer. Having said that, I have no idea what the actual reasons were. As with most waiver requests, that information is private, i.e., not publicly known or verifiable.

Whether the NCAA approves or denies a waiver request, in most cases we as fans can only speculate as to why. Why was Jessica Shepard's waiver request at Notre Dame, a full year after the coaching change at Nebraska, approved? Why was Westbrook's denied? In the absence of verifiable information, speculation and conspiracy talk abound, unfortunately.

I will say, I don't think Geno is the type to submit a waiver request frivolously or cynically. Many fans (outsiders) thought he should've submitted a waiver request for Azura Stevens, amid rumblings of negative circumstances in the Duke program, but Geno stated then that he didn't really see the grounds for it.

Roster composition and planning....

Well, it appears that the Boneyard has been scrubbed of all the Connecticut bashing of Evina that took place there after her infamous final post-game interview as a Lady Vol.

How convenient.

I remember that there were some diehards who were absolutely certain that Geno would never, ever, ever, EVER have someone who’d give an interview like that on his team — he’d never put up with such a prima-donna. They had a field day patting themselves on the back for not having to be embarrassed by a loose cannon like Evina Westbrook.

But now they just love her and are appalled that the Tennessee fan base treated her so unfairly. Ooooooookay.

I DO hate how many within the Tennessee fan base treated her based on twisted takes on whatshe actually said. But it irritates the crap out of me that Connecticut fans have tried to act all innocent about how THEY treated her in the immediate aftermath.

It’s pretty telling that the Evina-bashing threads appear to have been removed from the Boneyard.

Last edited:
Well, it appears that the Boneyard has been scrubbed of all the Connecticut bashing of Evina that took place there after her infamous final post-game interview as a Lady Vol.

How convenient.

I remember that there were some diehards who were absolutely certain that Geno would never, ever, ever, EVER have someone who’d give an interview like that on his team — he’d never put up with such a prima-donna. They had a field day patting themselves on the back for not having to be embarrassed by a loose cannon like Evina Westbrook.

But now they just love her and just it that the Tennessee fan base treated her so unfairly. Ooooooookay.

I DO hate how many within the Tennessee fan base treated her based on twisted takes on whatshe actually said. But it irritates the crap out of me that Connecticut fans have tried to act all innocent about how THEY treated her in the immediate aftermath.

It’s pretty telling that the Evina-bashing threads appear to have been removed from the Boneyard.
Yeah, my stance on this has been pretty nuanced; I wish her the best and understand why she left, but seeing Connecticuit reach for any excuse to get a waiver is souring me to the process. It sucks to get denied a waiver, but it's absolutely not the worst thing in the world nor will it be the end of her career. This is getting ridiculous, and I'm starting to understand why Pat ended this rivalry.

Yeah, my stance on this has been pretty nuanced; I wish her the best and understand why she left, but seeing Connecticuit reach for any excuse to get a waiver is souring me to the process. It sucks to get denied a waiver, but it's absolutely not the worst thing in the world nor will it be the end of her career. This is getting ridiculous, and I'm starting to understand why Pat ended this rivalry.

Same here.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Camara from UCONN is having a procedure on her knee that will keep her out for an undetermined period of time.

Terrible news for Prohaska. Wish her the best in whatever she does.

Good choice by Hunt. She will do well at Kentucky.

VN Store

Back