Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I haven't seen much of Myah's game. Is she their point guard?
She's their PG. Not a dynamic scorer, but she knows when to shoot and when to pass. Takes care of the ball, good three point shooter, and plays smart. On a team with scorers (well, and with a real coach), she's the ideal point guard.

Reactions: ttharp
Miss St, Auburn, Vandy, Ole Miss, and to some extent Bama are teams that will be on their way down next season. Ole Miss probably the best of the five but losing Austin and their point guards will be huge. Florida looks like a team headed for the top six or seven in the league next season. Missouri seems to be in good shaped to have a nice season as well. The other teams have to see who goes and who returns. SC will be in a class all by themselves unless a couple other teams get some top quality transfers to add to their returnees.
Shakira Austin is still a junior, but I could see her leaving early to go pro.

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
What in the world is going on with Oregon? Star-studded recruits, but they are not performing well this season. Was their success really due to Ionescu?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
What in the world is going on with Oregon? Star-studded recruits, but they are not performing well this season. Was their success really due to Ionescu?
Mostly Freshmen is probably the reason. Freshman never get it done just ask Rick Barnes. You can work one or two in and maybe do well when most of your starters are freshmen your going to have your ups and downs.

That's the only mock draft I've seen her in. She turns 21 in July, so she won't meet the age 22 requirement for draft year.
The WNBA "requires players to be at least 22, to have completed their college eligibility, to have graduated from a four-year college or to be four years removed from high school".[1][2] Since the WNBA draft is currently held in April, before most U.S. colleges and universities have ended their academic years, the league considers anyone scheduled to graduate in the 3 months after the draft to be a "graduate" for draft purposes.
Yes she looks to come up a little short which is good she will probably be a top five pick the in 2022.

No post about the wonderful job Banghart did in the ACC tourney?

Not sure what you're referring to, which usually means there's a discussion going on with individuals I have blocked. I didn't even know UNC had a game until this post...

Not knowing the context, I would say this loss is obviously disappointing for them, but I'm not sure how much was really expected from the Tar Heels this season...

Not sure what you're referring to, which usually means there's a discussion going on with individuals I have blocked. I didn't even know UNC had a game until this post...

Not knowing the context, I would say this loss is obviously disappointing for them, but I'm not sure how much was really expected from the Tar Heels this season...

You bring up Banghart when she wins a recruiting war but never mention her when her team loses.

No post about the wonderful job Banghart did in the ACC tourney?

Despite splitting with WF in the regular season, I’m sure UNC is just overmatched and she doesn’t have the players to compete?
No she has been misusing her roster for the part She wants to play 5 out or 4 out 1 in postionless basketball on offense and switching out on defense. UNC's offense should have been running their offense through their center Janelle Bailey in the low post, Bailey is in the high post shooting 14-18 feet jumpers. Banghart recruiting has been above average so far but she's been mainly recruiting stretch four finesse players. Don't be surprised if the the younger Key sister is playing at the center position at some point next season.

Last edited:
You bring up Banghart when she wins a recruiting war but never mention her when her team loses.

Because those recruiting wars actually have relevance to Tennessee, especially this 21 class.

I don't mention when they lose the same reason I don't mention when they win. UNC is irrelevant this season, both nationally and to Tennessee. They only game of theirs I remember bringing up was the win over NC State because of the national implications. I'm not putting a lot of stock in Banghart's record at UNC vs. Kellie's a Tennessee to this point based on the situations they inherited. I suspect if Banghart had a top 5 WNBA pick on her roster she might suddenly remember how to be a good coach. However, I do think it's fair to compare their recruiting...

Because those recruiting wars actually have relevance to Tennessee, especially this 21 class.

I don't mention when they lose the same reason I don't mention when they win. UNC is irrelevant this season, both nationally and to Tennessee. They only game of theirs I remember bringing up was the win over NC State because of the national implications. I'm not putting a lot of stock in Banghart's record at UNC vs. Kellie's a Tennessee to this point based on the situations they inherited. I suspect if Banghart had a top 5 WNBA pick on her roster she might suddenly remember how to be a good coach. However, I do think it's fair to compare their recruiting...

But you do comment when they win. You commented when UNC got a top 5 win against NC State.

The WNBA "requires players to be at least 22, to have completed their college eligibility, to have graduated from a four-year college or to be four years removed from high school".[1][2] Since the WNBA draft is currently held in April, before most U.S. colleges and universities have ended their academic years, the league considers anyone scheduled to graduate in the 3 months after the draft to be a "graduate" for draft purposes.
Yes she looks to come up a little short which is good she will probably be a top five pick the in 2022.
Not quite the way it works;

"The league requires draft entrants to be at least 22 years old during the year in which the draft takes place and has no remaining college eligibility or renounces any future college eligibility. "

Anyone who is 22 before January 1, 2022 and will renounce eligibility is eligible.

Old white men from now on will only get the middle finger! If you are white man or woman you be going to get nothing because that is the fukked up world we live in! Pretty soon the crap is going to be the downfall of athletics and so be it!
This is such crap. I wonder if you felt this way when qualified people of color weren’t given opportunities because of the color of their skin or when women were overlooked because of their gender. Gary should have won in my opinion, just like Chelsea Dungee should have been POY...unfortunately our opinions don’t matter.

VN Store

Back