Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Gary Blair spoke during the LSU-MSST halftime show and gave a great PR speech about only recruiting players who know how to share the ball. I remember players transferring from TAMU during Carter’s reign because she was a ball hog. I suspect opposing coaches are using that during recruiting so he’s refuting it. Smart guy.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Gary Blair spoke during the LSU-MSST halftime show and gave a great PR speech about only recruiting players who know how to share the ball. I remember players transferring from TAMU during Carter’s reign because she was a ball hog. I suspect opposing coaches are using that during recruiting so he’s refuting it. Smart guy.

Good one i just hit the floor LMAO :D

LSU’s Pointer and MSST’s Mingo-Young just got into a heated verbal dispute. Had to be separated by teammates. I love tournament time.

Reactions: djtee
LSU making those threes has been the difference. When they make that shot consistently your going to lose most of the time.
MSST barely guarding the 3's too...at least in the first half when I was watching.

It would be a real shame if LSU doesn't make the tournament, but MSST does. It's clear which one of these teams deserves to be there. MSST will just proceed to lose in the first round anyway.

MSST barely guarding the 3's too...at least in the first half when I was watching.

It would be a real shame if LSU doesn't make the tournament, but MSST does. It's clear which one of these teams deserves to be there. MSST will just proceed to lose in the first round anyway.

impressive win by LSU

Rickea Jackson deserves better. Would love to have her in Knoxville!
My prediction for departures from MSST:

GRADUATION:
Sidney Cooks
Yemiyah Morris
Caterrion Thompson

DEFINITE TRANSFER:
Rickea Jackson
Jessika Carter
JaMya Mingo Young
Madison Hayes

POTENTIAL TRANSFER:
Aliyah Matharu
Xaria Wiggins
Myah Taylor (if the team gets gutted)

Yep, think that covers the whole roster, except for the last two players on the bench, who will be promoted to the centerpieces of the team.

Personally, I'd love to see Myah Taylor come to Tennessee...even more than Rickea.

No. 8 Maryland up 46-26 at the half over No. 12 Michigan.

Their offensive firepower is scary. I feel for any team in their NCAA bracket. The Terps are going to the Final Four.

Michigan isn’t that great though. Don’t let that differential scare you. Definitely not the twelfth best team in the country. Hillmon is all they got and she can’t carry them against a team like Maryland who has size.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
If Auburn is smart they should go for Molly Miller at Grand Canyon. She’s a great coach who dominated the DII ranks for a few years. Has been turning around Grand Canyon but I think she needs a better program. She could do a ton at Auburn, I think she’s a real deal coach.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If Auburn is smart they should go for Molly Miller at Grand Canyon. She’s a great coach who dominated the DII ranks for a few years. Has been turning around Grand Canyon but I think she needs a better program. She could do a ton at Auburn, I think she’s a real deal coach.

The SEC is strong need to get someone that can bring in the recruits, You can bring in any coach but if they can`t land the top players why hire them, Then you are back to square one.

VN Store

Back