No Tuna In Subway Tuna?

Yall need to hit up WaWa!!

It's a damn shame your post from earlier in this thread was removed. I spit coffee all over the place!

Not a huge fan of WaWa's bread but the roast pork w/ Swiss, hot onions, & jalops is money.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
What's wrong with fake tuna?

Signed,

Manti T'eo

giphy.gif

Blimpie is still alive and kicking, in some places. They opened a new store in Lavonia, GA about 12 years ago maybe. that was my intro to sub shops in my hometown of Griffin, GA as a teen. I have not had the pleasure in a while, but I always had a preference for Blimpie.
I always liked Blimpies

Reactions: VolnJC
It's a damn shame your post from earlier in this thread was removed. I spit coffee all over the place!

Not a huge fan of WaWa's bread but the roast pork w/ Swiss, hot onions, & jalops is money.
If its the "I went to Jareds" one, its still there.

I usually hit up local sub places if I am eating out. When I lived in Orlando they had a huge variety.

It’s been a long time since I ate there. After they pretty much started charging “Hennessy rates” for a sandwich I quit going and started going to other places. Jersey Mike’s has been probably the one I frequent the most followed by firehouse and sub-station. There’s a Jimmie John’s about to open nearby so I’ll probably check it out.
Save yourself the trouble of going to Jimmy Johns. Not good. Bland and you better tell them to go light on the mayo or that's all you will taste.

For my money, one of my favorite fast food sandwiches is the market fresh turkey and swiss from Arby's.

I've never been a huge Firehouse fan...their bread tastes too sweet for me.. we are supposed to be getting a Which Wich....I've seen them traveling but never ate there

Firehouse is over priced for the size sammy you get. But, not bad eating.

Which Wich is very good. They have one on campus over at TnTech. Had it several times. Really good.

My daughter worked at Subway for 2 years. She said the only meat that is "real" at Subway is the grilled chicken strips.

Firehouse is over priced for the size sammy you get. But, not bad eating.

Which Wich is very good. They have one on campus over at TnTech. Had it several times. Really good.
Agreed...Firehouse and Jimmy Johns are both pretty authentic for chain restaurants. Firehouse uses really top notch pastrami which is key. Still disappointed that no one outside of Chicago can seem to produce real Chicago Style Italian Beef soaked in au jus.

Agreed...Firehouse and Jimmy Johns are both pretty authentic for chain restaurants. Firehouse uses really top notch pastrami which is key. Still disappointed that no one outside of Chicago can seem to produce real Chicago Style Italian Beef soaked in au jus.

Never had one, but they sure did look outrageous on Triple D.

Best Deli ever in my life was a little joint in Chattanooga called Hy‘s Deli. Was located on Signal Mountain blvd from early 80s to late 90s. I can still taste their subs but have never found anyplace that makes them so good. If time travel is ever invented, killing Hitler will have to wait. I have lunch plans first

You have Not lived until you eat one I used to say the Reuben was the King of Sandwiches but it has been dethroned

I am a Reuben man. Oddly, the one at Arby's is very good. I am partial to the one at Gus' in K'town. It is steamed on a hoagie which I understand is more traditional. There was a sandwich shop in SC near my old home in GA, that grilled them on the flat top on rye. Can't say I've had a reuben yet where the corned beef was pulled straight off the brisket like you'd get in an authentic deli. Mine have always been with sliced beef. But, Reuben's are the gold standard. I'd love to sink my teeth into some pulled pastrami too. Also a favorite meat.

Reactions: MAD and VolnJC
I am a Reuben man. Oddly, the one at Arby's is very good. I am partial to the one at Gus' in K'town. It is steamed on a hoagie which I understand is more traditional. There was a sandwich shop in SC near my old home in GA, that grilled them on the flat top on rye. Can't say I've had a reuben yet where the corned beef was pulled straight off the brisket like you'd get in an authentic deli. Mine have always been with sliced beef. But, Reuben's are the gold standard. I'd love to sink my teeth into some pulled pastrami too. Also a favorite meat.
My bucket list includes eating a Reuben at its original home Reubens in NYC. Hopefully they survived COVID

If I lived in Knoxville, I would only go to places that have steamed sandwiches, no National chains. You can’t get them anywhere else in the country.

Reactions: tbh and VolnJC

VN Store

Back