No Tuna In Subway Tuna?

That's one of the main culinary differences between the E. Coast & W. Coast of FL. There are some great delis in S. FL. There are some OK ones on the W. Coast but nothing like S. FL.
Yeah, I haven’t found anything great here on the west coast side.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I used to eat there alot before adopting a keto lifestyle...sucks their 5 dollar subs put good places like Blimpies out of business
A Lab Analysis Was Done to Determine Whether a Subway Tuna Sandwich Contained Tuna DNA

Blimpie is still alive and kicking, in some places. They opened a new store in Lavonia, GA about 12 years ago maybe. that was my intro to sub shops in my hometown of Griffin, GA as a teen. I have not had the pleasure in a while, but I always had a preference for Blimpie.

Reactions: VolnJC
That's one of the main culinary differences between the E. Coast & W. Coast of FL. There are some great delis in S. FL. There are some OK ones on the W. Coast but nothing like S. FL.

Then we know where the greatest concentration of retired Jewish folks are in FL. Great Deli's will follow them.

Reactions: tbh and Boca Vol
The South needs more good sub/hoagie shops. I am spoiled rotten in upstate Ohio. Subway can barely compete here.

K'town is pretty competitive for local deli/hoagie joints. But, I'm not a local, and I AM a Gus' freak and have introduced my son to Gus' last time thru K'town. So I don't explore. If I'm around long enough to stop and eat like that in K'Town it will only be Gus'.

Then we know where the greatest concentration of retired Jewish folks are in FL. Great Deli's will follow them.
Mmmmm Jewish deli meats.

If you find yourself on the Turnpike near Boynton Beach, Flakowitz is just East of it. Fantastic.

The Italian delis are good, too. LaSpadas has 4 or 5 locations: Coral Springs, Boca, Lauderdale, Davie.

I miss Nixon's went there alot when I worked in Bearden...down here we have Subway, Lenny's and Firehouse..everything along the bay is trendy and expensive and everything near the beach is terrible, busy, or a tourist trap...Panini Pete's is the closest I guess to an independent sub shop here Menu | Panini Pete's — Panini Pete's

Fairhope?

If you find yourself on the Turnpike near Boynton Beach, Flakowitz is just East of it. Fantastic.

The Italian delis are good, too. LaSpadas has 4 or 5 locations: Coral Springs, Boca, Lauderdale, Davie.

Wow. Boynton Beach. Never been there. But, as a teen there was this hot girl at church camp from there that laid some lip on me, at church camp.

OK though. One came back to mind, and I think they have one here in Cookeville I discovered the other day. First place I ever saw or ate at one was in Abilene, TX in 1985. Schlotzky's Deli. OMG. Oh yeah, if they are still as good now as they were then OMG.

They opened a McAlisters here. Good, but loses some stars when you factor in the cost of eating there. They do not exceed any competition.

The one thing I've never experienced is a deli (Jewish or Italian) that makes/cures their own meats inhouse. I'd prolly pass out after two bites from food nirvana. I love proper corned beef, pastrami, etc.

Mobile & Fairhope are 2 of the regions I cover. I'm sure some of my clients are people you probably know.
Guy at the Chinese restaurant was joking the other day, I'm something of a rarity, a person who was actually born and raised here lol...We moved down 3 years ago to help out with my FIL and stayed after he passed last year...we still have the home in TN but my son is living there so we don't go and stay as often even though I can work from anywhere..my wife's uncle owns Oak Hollow Farm here...they filmed a couple of reality series there

Reactions: Boca Vol
Guy at the Chinese restaurant was joking the other day, I'm something of a rarity, a person who was actually born and raised here lol...We moved down 3 years ago to help out with my FIL and stayed after he passed last year...we still have the home in TN but my son is living there so we don't go and stay as often even though I can work from anywhere..my wife's uncle owns Oak Hollow Farm here...they filmed a couple of reality series there
So you have family ties to Reality TV?! I will try to maintain my prior positive message board impression of you.

It’s been a long time since I ate there. After they pretty much started charging “Hennessy rates” for a sandwich I quit going and started going to other places. Jersey Mike’s has been probably the one I frequent the most followed by firehouse and sub-station. There’s a Jimmie John’s about to open nearby so I’ll probably check it out.

Reactions: VolnJC
It’s been a long time since I ate there. After they pretty much started charging “Hennessy rates” for a sandwich I quit going and started going to other places. Jersey Mike’s has been probably the one I frequent the most followed by firehouse and sub-station. There’s a Jimmie John’s about to open nearby so I’ll probably check it out.
I've never been a huge Firehouse fan...their bread tastes too sweet for me.. we are supposed to be getting a Which Wich....I've seen them traveling but never ate there

I've never been a huge Firehouse fan...their bread tastes too sweet for me.. we are supposed to be getting a Which Wich....I've seen them traveling but never ate there

They aren’t my favorite but I’ll eat there on occasion. I usually get the smokehouse brisket or the meatball with pepperoni.

Reactions: CABVOL and VolnJC

VN Store

Back