No thanks Kirk Herbstreit!!

I wish we had hired:

• Greg Schiano

• Someone, anyone other than Schiano

• Kirk Herbstreit has a low IQ and questionable moral character

Results are only viewable after voting.
In regards to Kirk Herbstreit's remark about betting UT fans regret their behavior in rejecting Greg Schiano, who is doing an outstanding job at Rutgers, no, we don't regret it and are perfectly happy with our Coach Heupel.

Ya it’s such a bad take on his part. What’s it to him? Why does he keep commenting on it? Why didn’t Ohio state get him after urban left? Just bizarre. Ultimately, he’s a straight out yankee that’s never really even coached in the sou. It was a horrible fit culturally.

Ya it’s such a bad take on his part. What’s it to him? Why does he keep commenting on it? Why didn’t Ohio state get him after urban left? Just bizarre. Ultimately, he’s a straight out yankee that’s never really even coached in the sou. It was a horrible fit culturally.
The million dollar question. Old Herb never advocated for him to go to Ohio State, so why advocate for him at a school he has no connection to? Clown stuff.

I'm convinced that schiano would have been as bad as Pruitt. Only difference is.. would his failure have led to changes in the AD that were needed.

In regards to Kirk Herbstreit's remark about betting UT fans regret their behavior in rejecting Greg Schiano, who is doing an outstanding job at Rutgers, no, we don't regret it and are perfectly happy with our Coach Heupel.
Kirk has made some stupid remarks before.

Why would he state this? Unusual negativity from him. What is his tie to Schiano?

Herbstreit’s comment is made In ignorance. He does not understand the importance of cultural congruity for schools and their coaches, especially, IMO, in the South.

Schiano Sunday may not have been our finest hour but I am still happy it happened.
I’m quite proud to be a part of it…no matter how small. Not so much over what he did or didn’t do but more towards us not SHUTTING UP AND TAKING IT. The more stuffed talking heads demand repentance the more resolved I am…and I don’t think I’m solitary.

Schiano would have likely been a bad hire, but Pruitt was a disaster. Seems kinda weird patting ourselves on the back for that.
Honestly it needed to happen. It was a wake up call to the university that the fans had enough of this crap. Unfortunately we chose to replace a Haslam yes man with Fulmer.

I lost all respect for KH when he trashed Gualdin for losing his composure at Alabama but made excuses for baker mayfield cursing and grabbing his junk all on national television.

And I don’t give a damn If schiano was the second coming of Vince lambardi…he cannot recruit the south and without players you’re toast.

I believe his remark was in regards to kicking Schiano out the door and hiring Pruitt. I don't think he would have been any worse than Pruitt! As for his hiring, he was recommended by Peyton Manning (who had spoken to Belichick and Meyer on UT's behalf).

If this is true regarding Peyton, stick to MNF, commercials, and for the love of all things holy…stay away from Vols baseball! 😂

GBO!!!

Herbstreit chose to live in Tennessee for some reason, but he's no Tennessee fan. Nor should he be, but it would be nice if he would at least try and be neutral. I mean, being an OSU fan, he should consider maybe Cincinnati. Thanks Kirk, we're happy with what we got. Schiano will eventually self destruct, based on his past NFL experience.

VN Store

Back