No more Kentucky...

Johnson and Springer are the best players on the team but sure.

The problem isn’t them. It’s the fact that from 2017-2019 we only got two decent players from those recruiting classes and we run an outdated offense.

Johnson and Springer are the best players on the team but sure.

The problem isn’t them. It’s the fact that from 2017-2019 we only got two decent players from those recruiting classes and we run an outdated offense.

no doubt they are best players on the team and it’s not close but that also doesn’t mean this team is better because of them.

no doubt they are best players on the team but that also doesn’t mean this team is better because of them.

No they are. We were 17-14 last year without them let’s not forget.

They are not the problem. The problem is the offensive system and the bad roster management from 2017-2019.

When did the older players start playing badly???

I’ll help you with that. When the one and dones became starters. I think it was BTO that mentioned it might hurt chemistry and it damn sure has. This team has sucked since then and isn’t fun at all to watch
It’s the upperclassmen that suck, but sure

No they are. We were 17-14 last year without them let’s not forget.

They are not the problem. The problem is the offensive system and the bad roster management from 2017-2019.

We aren’t playing 17-14 basketball right now. We are 6-5 over our last 11

give me a team where Fulky, pons and James know they have to score and we would be better than this ****

Pons- good get
Darrington- Miss
Walker- Miss
Kent- Miss

Burns- Miss

James- good get
ORN- TBD
Gaines- Miss
Pember- Miss

2/8 in getting good players with ORN pending. Then add the three transfers we’ve added during that time (Plavsic, Bailey and Anosike) and we are 3/11 in getting value out of those classes.

We aren’t playing 17-14 basketball right now. We are 6-5 over our last 11

And again, that’s not because of Springer and Johnson. Last year wasn’t a good team. If we didn’t have Johnson and Springer this team would be much, much worse.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
Pons- good get
Darrington- Miss
Walker- Miss
Kent- Miss

Burns- Miss

James- good get
ORN- TBD
Gaines- Miss
Pember- Miss

2/8 in getting good players with ORN pending. Then add the three transfers we’ve added during that time (Plavsic, Bailey and Anosike) and we are 3/11 in getting value out of those classes.

That plays a role but way more than that is Fulky, James and Pons not having a defined role on this team.

Firmly Disagree. Again show me a team where Fulky, James and Pons know that they have to do and it’s better than this crap

Then that is Barnes’ fault for not finding roles for guys. I want talent. Period. Give me all the talent I can get. A good coach should figure it out.

Reactions: Jravol78
Then that is Barnes’ fault for not finding roles for guys. I want talent. Period. Give me all the talent I can get. A good coach should figure it out.

I agree Barnes deserves some serious criticism here but let’s just look across college basketball right now.

Which teams are having the worst trouble?? It’s teams that have gone the “talent” one and done route. It’s becoming very clear to me that you can’t “figure it out” with one year players anymore

I agree Barnes deserves some serious criticism here but let’s just look across college basketball right now.

Which teams are having the worst trouble?? It’s teams that have gone the “talent” one and done route.

That has more to do with COVID this year. I still want all the talent.

We were 10-1 with our one loss to a good Alabama team and Springer out. The issue is our offense is easy to figure out and we don’t push the pace even though we are playing small ball. The more film and talent level we’ve played the easier it is our offense has been to defend.

You are better than that.
we are only 2 years removed from that same system being the number rated offense efficiency in the country.

WHen we had great team chemistry with less overall talent.

That’s because we had a super duper elite post player that the offense ran through in Grant Williams.

Take away the two Grant years where he was SEC player if the year and we are outside top 70 in offensive efficiency every year.

Now to want to argue the team personnel doesn’t match what Barnes actually wants to run then that’s a fair argument. Or Barnes hasn’t made the proper adjustments to fit what he has that’s fair.

I think it’s lazy to say “chemistry” when there isn’t a way to really prove chemistry is the problem.

VN Store

Back