No More Defending Holly Warlick !

The title of the article is the exact opposite of what's in the article.

In the article he talks about how, compared to other coaches, she has done a good job.

Article seemed too positive for the poop show from the last few years. Program is in a gradual decline. I wish some media people would point that out.

That's so B.S. It's not about replacing Pat but winning with all the talent she has had. She can not coach PERIOD. She was on staff because she played for Pat. If she thought she was a good coach she would have applied for another job a long time ago. Just my opinion.

This is the key part of the article : Phillip Fulmer has a very tough decision to make in the next few weeks. Does he give Holly another season to right the ship? Or does he pull the trigger and make a change? Considering the fact that he extended her contract last fall, it is unlikely he will make a change right now. That could leave it up to Holly to make that decision,

I think she will stay due to the players coming back and the recruiting classes coming in.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Article states Holly not likely to be fired since Fulmer gave her an extension last year. I hope that is incorrect, but I'm afraid it will be. Holly has had plenty of time to show what she can do and it isn't good enough for the head of the Lady Vols. Please step down Holly and if not, pull the plug Fulmer because we know she can't get it done if you giver her 10 years.

Great article! Holly should do the respectable thing, for her and the Tennessee program, and resign. She tried and failed, plain and simple. I respect her for taking on the challenge of replacing Pat; however, if Holly does not resign after this season my respect will fade quickly. We will see what character Holly really has.

Great article! Holly should do the respectable thing, for her and the Tennessee program, and resign. She tried and failed, plain and simple. I respect her for taking on the challenge of replacing Pat; however; if Holly does not resign after this season my respect will fade quickly. We will see what character Holly really has.

Character disappears when big paychecks are involved.

Staying would show her character wouldn't it, or at least how warped her view of her track record is.

All he did was defend Holly Warlick under a click-bait headline saying he wasn't going to defend her. He managed to admonish UT fans for wanting too much, set up an insta-excuse for a quick NCAAT exit (fans being a "tremendous distraction" to the team) and serve up a dose of reality-- Fulmer isn't firing Holly this year. What a puff piece! Perhaps Holly isn't the only one who should consider retiring.

When the columnist wrote, "Considering the fact that he extended her contract last fall, it is unlikely he will make a change right now. That could leave it up to Holly to make that decision," what he seemed to me to be gently saying was, "Fulmer won't do it, so Holly needs to step up and do it herself."

The writer admitted to having made a complete reversal in his opinion of her coaching abilities, and talked about what a terrible distraction it is for everyone that she hasn't left yet, so, to me, it's pretty clear he thinks Holly should resign immediately after this season. And I agree.

Reactions: feathersax and T.J.
Did ya'll read the YahooSports article? Why will no one stand up and say what they think? None of the former players and saying anything negative about Holly's coaching. Even this article says 'sometimes' players turn it over too much, etc. What a bunch of crap. Holly sucks as a coach and needs to be fired - now it could probably be said in a more diplomatic fashion, but dear God, someone of any influence get the balls to get in Fulmer's face and say "What are you going to do to save this program?"!!!!

Maybe a decision has been made. I think she will resign. Maybe the word was "Resign or be fired". Resigning sounds better. Remember, the last 7 years as head coach have made Holly a multimillionaire. That should ease the sting of head coach failure.

I don't think the multitudes of Lady Vol fans dislike Holly. We wish her all the best. Most of us see she isn't a good head coach. The players deserve a competant coach. Wanting a new coach is sticking up for the program and the players. Wanting to keep an incompetant coach is doing a disservice to the players and the great basketball program TN had for many years.

This is the key part of the article : Phillip Fulmer has a very tough decision to make in the next few weeks. Does he give Holly another season to right the ship? Or does he pull the trigger and make a change? Considering the fact that he extended her contract last fall, it is unlikely he will make a change right now. That could leave it up to Holly to make that decision,

I think she will stay due to the players coming back and the recruiting classes coming in.

There is no guarantee that they will all come back if she stays. The more I think about it, I think she will have to resign. I do not believe Phil will fire her. If that 6 game losing streak had been 5-1, and if we had won the Vandy game in Knoxville, phil would not have had to even think about it.

I saw in the KNS will Kelly Jolly Harper keep Holly out of the tourney. HELLO no holly keep holly out of the tourney and I hope Kelly replaces her!

I disagree with the premise of the article. Expectations were high during her first 3 seasons and her results were unfairly compared with Pat's. That has not been the case for a long time now. Fans now expect a top 10 program that competes for the SEC title, same as every other school in the conference. What does that have to do with following in footsteps? It's simple, she either can't spot and recruit talent or she can't train the talent she recruits. It's safe to say expectations have been lowered to base levels of other schools and she still can't meet or exceed them.

The closing thought to the article "she has done an admirable job" no she hasn't she hasn't taught the fundamentals to her players and has never crafted a cogent sensible offense..... why are people STILL defending Holly.... dunno

Last sentence of the article.

"She has done an admirable job trying to replace the greatest coach who ever lived. Always remember that. "

Randy Smith has Vol Network ties btw.

Reactions: Kinglberry
Holly will not resign on her own. She will stay for the new class and the remaining players from this year. She will have to be forced to resign. Reason: In Holly's mind, she has done nothing wrong.

Reactions: Ace

Staying would show her character wouldn't it, or at least how warped her view of her track record is.
Yep! For people who have character money is not a factor. To be honest, the overwhelming majority of people would force the administration to fire them. My point is simply we will KNOW if Holly has character or values money more. Coaches, and others in professional positions, always preach the importance of character but when it really counts seldom display it. We will know in Holly's case very soon!

Yep! For people who have character money is not a factor. To be honest, the overwhelming majority of people would force the administration to fire them. My point is simply we will KNOW if Holly has character or values money more. Coaches, and others in professional positions, always preach the importance of character but when it really counts seldom display it. We will know in Holly's case very soon!

What is equally sad, a lot of people would say they would not blame Holly if she held out to the point of getting fired. Things like values and character are becoming more and more scarce in our society today.

What is equally sad, a lot of people would say they would not blame Holly if she held out to the point of getting fired. Things like values and character are becoming more and more scarce in our society today.

I'm gonna preface this by saying that I think Holly is an absolutely horrible coach. She's inept, and has no business running this team.

But...it's Phil Fulmer's job to evaluate her, and if he decides that what she's doing is good enough for him, then it's a bit unfair to blame Holly for not quitting. If it's good enough for Phil, then Holly has no reason to feel bad. If Phil wants her gone, but is too much of a coward to pull the trigger himself, then he needs to grow a pair and do his job...not expect Holly to relieve him of his responsibility.

VN Store

Back