No More Defending Holly Warlick !

Also, like so many other "jounalists" covering UT sports, feels he has the place to protect his side income from the Vol Network. The symbiotic relationship btw these guys and UTAD is sickening, and as pointed out above, this is a clickbait headline for yet another soft-peddlled CHW all apology. Useless.

Yesterday former Sen. Birch Bayh, the father of Title IX and a true lion of the senate, passed away. So in his honor, and with full knowledge it will do zero good with Alternative Facts Nation, I'll take one more swing at this:

Title IX has NOTHING to do with the ability to fire a female employee. Of course this is getting conflated into one dumbass bundle that assumes all minorities currently enjoying any kind of protected status are just waiting for an opportunity to further cash in with a frivolous lawsuit.

Hopefully UT's stable of highly payed lawyers have cleared this up for the AD and his decision will not be constrained by this particular strain of dumbassery.

Good for you for fighting the good fight in correcting this endlessly recurrent misrepresentation of Title IX. I have come to realize it is a Sisyphean task:
customLogo.gif

I agree with the article. I think she will get to coach out the remainder of this contract and if things don’t improve she will be forced out.

My take is that the only way she coaches next year is if there is no one on CPF's A list that is ready to come this year or is affordable this year due to buyout structure, AND there is someone where our people have talked to their people and both sides have winked. He won't take a B lister or other reach to appease fan board stars. Does not want to compromise and end up with a probable two or three step solution even if the problem is well defined.

Reactions: mcannon1

I think the article is ok but doesn't totally explain the mediocre results. Warlick took over an elite program. She then built a weaker non-conference schedule of cupcakes to help her win-loss record and struggled with that at times. Given the talent over the years the team fizzled out every season and she has never taken responsibility. Along the way expectations have been reduced and a good record as been the accepted norm. Now there is talk of parity in the women's game. There are still only 3 or 4 teams with a real chance to win the whole thing and during this "parity" Notre Dame, UCONN, Baylor, Stanford and Louisville are constants. Sure a South Carolina or Mississippi State has fleeting success for a season or two. Meanwhile UT has become irrelevant in the discussion for championships.

Monday Night at Lady Vol watch party for NCAA women’s bracket selection show.

ESPN announcer: “We now check in again in Knoxville where the Lady Vols have watched the brackets announced and for the first time in history their name is not there. Coach Warlick, we know how disappointed you must be”.

Warlick: “Well, I really don’t know what to say. Excuse me a minute, Coach Fulmer just came into the room and is walking towards me. Phil, old buddy old pal, what’s that pink slip of paper you have in your hand?”

Reactions: Sr.VolFan
I think the article is ok but doesn't totally explain the mediocre results. Warlick took over an elite program. She then built a weaker non-conference schedule of cupcakes to help her win-loss record and struggled with that at times. Given the talent over the years the team fizzled out every season and she has never taken responsibility. Along the way expectations have been reduced and a good record as been the accepted norm. Now there is talk of parity in the women's game. There are still only 3 or 4 teams with a real chance to win the whole thing and during this "parity" Notre Dame, UCONN, Baylor, Stanford and Louisville are constants. Sure a South Carolina or Mississippi State has fleeting success for a season or two. Meanwhile UT has become irrelevant in the discussion for championships.
Mississippi State is "a fleeting success"? They have played in the last two NC finals. They have a good chance of reaching the finals this year. They have what the LV's don't have, a good coach.

100% agree with this especially "a weaker non-conference schedule of cupcakes."

Reactions: mcannon1
Mississippi State is "a fleeting success"? They have played in the last two NC finals. They have a good chance of reaching the finals this year. They have what the LV's don't have, a good coach.

Possibly but I think after the giant leaves we won't hear as much from them.

Reactions: BUBear
They have Rickea Jackson coming in, Bibby and Espinoza returning, and Promise Taylor/Jessika Carter to be groomed as the next McCowan. Vic is now getting 5 star recruits, and if he was able to be as successful as he was with 3-4 stars, I don't see MSST slipping anytime soon. They will probably start slow, but will be a tough outing once conference play begins. The SEC will continue to go through MSST and SC for the next 3-4 years...unless Tennessee gets a competent coach and doesn't lose players.

Well they lost Blair Schaefer, Victoria Vivians and Morgan William and that is a lot... still on top..... yes McCowan is good... but remember she was coached well ... wasn't always as good as she is now....

Coach Schaefer will find a way

Holly Warlick would have been a good subject of a Holiday Inn Express commercial. Phil Fulmer yelling at a women after the LadyVols beat Kentucky "You're not Holly Warlick!" and the woman answering "No,but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night":D

hahaha didn't know we had comedian fans

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

U threw-up the truth just the way it is..

If Holly is given another year to turn it around, she needs to grab her staff and spend every moment she can tied to Coach Barnes. She needs to grab film of his practices and see if she can pick up some teaching points such as the proper way to set a screen. Heck, I've seen Kasi and C. Greene set a pick on nothing but air. But I believe Holly is too arrogant to look to anyone for help.

Speaking of Holly and her lack of coaching, who was the last WBCA All American first or second team for the Lady Vols?
Let’s just hope she doesn’t get another year.

Of course this is just my opinion, like most, I don’t have any inside knowledge, but I think this is a done deal. I don’t think these sportswriters would go out and write these articles if they didn’t have some knowledge of what is going on. UT is god and I don’t think they would go against the university or a coach if they didn’t already know. They don’t want to make them angry.

Based on the way the OC hire was done from Fuller, I have to agree with you
Do you recall how POTUS 44 did things? “ we are sending Army to Syria in 60 days”. He announced everything well before hand and had no element of surprise
Fulmer is the opposite. He doesn’t announce all of his thought or plans
I notice Fulmer has kept low profile recently. Probably doesn’t want media putting him on spot and asking about Holly’s future

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back