No excuse for a Gators loss in 2018

Hey I’ve got an idea let’s discuss this year, because unless you’re senselessly superstitious the past doesn’t matter.

Reasons that could contribute to us winning....

1) The UF QB situation is worse than ours.
1a) The Mullen system is vitally dependent on a great QB. When he has guys like Tebow and Prescott he rolls. When he has guys like Franks, he doesn’t.
2) Their pass pro on the OL is below avg.
3) DL depth is an issue. Star power lacking.
4) Cece Jefferson suffered a substantial injury/surgery and will likely not get much practice at all in the new 3-4 scheme.

Reactions: 1 person
Reasons they could win:

1) Their backfield is stacked. Malik Davis, Scarlett, Lemmons and more (freshman stud as well)

2) Mullen has years of experience as a HC, Pruitt doesn’t.

I honestly have a hard time coming up with many more things they have an advantage in this year.

Plenty of excuses..., we would help em out with poor tackling in a 4-3 defense where the LBers can’t cover the flat, a average TE that looks like gronk cause LBers don’t cover well, DTs that get no a gap push up front after intital contact disrupting offenses, unknown factor in coaching staffs ability to manage a clock the list is long and distinguished, I could go on. Hopefully this has all been identified addressed and fixed. I’d be very glad to be wrong!

Georgia 6-21 vs florida since 1990. Florida is a tough draw.

Actually, it's 7-21 now but your point remains the same. Since 1990, Georgia has struggled just as much with Florida as Tennessee has but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this year's game when Georgia will beat the living hell out of Florida for the 2nd straight year. These people who quote the historical results over and over like that proves some point about future games are idiots.

I'm with you on this one, Butchna. Healthy respect for Florida and an understanding of what we've been through are not anything we need to hang on to.

If they can pull it off, let's go with "casual disdain" as our new frame of mind when facing lizards. That'll work.

Go Vols.

You two youts can think whatever you want, in fact I'm glad to see you both disagree with me, nice to see you can be wrong. :)

IMO, until THIS coaching staff, COLLECTIVELY, gets a win against THIS gator coach and team, they better take this chit serious is all I'm saying. After they get the first win, they can, and I want them to be as cocky as they wanna be.

Reactions: 3 people
You two youts can think whatever you want, in fact I'm glad to see you both disagree with me, nice to see you can be wrong. :)

IMO, until THIS coaching staff, COLLECTIVELY, gets a win against THIS gator coach and team, they better take this chit serious is all I'm saying. After they get the first win, they can, and I want them to be as cocky as they wanna be.

You think Pruitt has ever not taken a game seriously? We’re having different conversations. I’m not advocating LOOKING PAST Florida, I’m intonating that our new coaches aren’t hamstrung by namby pamby superstitious shizz. We’re not going to kneel on the ball during a 3rd and 1 waiting for the bogeyman to make us fumble. We outrush them and lower turnover them and we beat them...unlike before. Of course the converse is true. Now back to those fingernails! You should be able to harvest some alpha-keratin before you hit a blood vessel. :thumbsup:

I bow to your superior intellect, Behr.

Haha, nah, just kidding. I'm gonna start drinking early today. Wanna join me?

p.s. Appreciated the reference to My Cousin Vinnie. Any time you can weave a little Joe Pesci into a thread, it's a good thing. :hi:

Last edited:
You think Pruitt has ever not taken a game seriously? We’re having different conversations. I’m not advocating LOOKING PAST Florida, I’m intonating that our new coaches aren’t hamstrung by namby pamby superstitious shizz. We’re not going to kneel on the ball during a 3rd and 1 waiting for the bogeyman to make us fumble. We outrush them and lower turnover them and we beat them...unlike before. Of course the converse is true. Now back to those fingernails! You should be able to harvest some alpha-keratin before you hit a blood vessel. :thumbsup:

I already said as much. Twice.

You wanna call me skurt, say I've got BVS, believe in the booger man...whatever else you got, fine, Idgaf. My fingernails and blood, boiled in a pot of monkey urine and alligator brains while chanting in some language I don't even understand, is all I got left to give.

I already said as much. Twice.

You wanna call me skurt, say I've got BVS, believe in the booger man...whatever else you got, fine, Idgaf. My fingernails and blood, boiled in a pot of monkey urine and alligator brains while chanting in some language I don't even understand, is all I got left to give.

It all makes sense now.
tenor.gif

My fingernails and blood, boiled in a pot of monkey urine and alligator brains while chanting in some language I don't even understand, is all I got left to give.

Let's try that.

Let's get drunk first, though.

Think we can find a gator in these forums with a brain?

Let's try that.

Let's get drunk first, though.

Think we can find a gator in these forums with a brain?

Whatever I can do to help. Gotta do something while our coaches that don't know anything but whoopin gator ass stand on the sidelines drinking Spritzers and eating crudités.

Haven't had a drink in 5 years this month.

Nope. Got a real one in the canal behind me tho.

Actually, it's 7-21 now but your point remains the same. Since 1990, Georgia has struggled just as much with Florida as Tennessee has but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this year's game when Georgia will beat the living hell out of Florida for the 2nd straight year. These people who quote the historical results over and over like that proves some point about future games are idiots.

Just so you will know, I was not reporting that to predict any games this year. Peace

Another reason we win is that CJP has a more interesting accent than Mullin.

Book it!

You guys have lost your minds if you think we will beat the Gators this year. Our talent level is above theirs but our recruits have not been coached up. Mullen is a better coach than Pruitt is at this point, he has a PROVEN track record. Pruitt may be the better coach eventually but there is a learning curve to every job.

Have you not seen Pruitt's championship rings?

Those alone with help from Fulmer guarantees 8 wins.

Too many unknowns for both teams to make a prediction. Which staffs will better implement their schemes, will there be any major injuries in camp or through the first few games before UF-UT play, will the big time WR transfers at UF be eligible this year (Van Jefferson and Trevon Grimes), will either team have a QB emerge.

It seems both fan bases are positive and optimistic about the coaching changes. Any predictions on this game either way are based out of hope and conjecture. Both teams could totally suck or both teams could be solid. We’ll see.

I am extremely positimistic about the upcoming season.

VN Store

Back