No excuse for a Gators loss in 2018

Ok. While you’re at it, add that these guys are accustomed to WINNING against Florida.

You trying to pick a fight? I keed. :)

I actually hope they are at least aware of the "fuss". If they have any idea what it means to just me, I think it will be a good thang.

You trying to pick a fight? I keed. :)

I actually hope they are at least aware of the "fuss". If they have any idea what it means to just me, I think it will be a good thang.

I don’t want the mystique in their mindset. Most of the staff are used to “see the Gators...stomp the Gators”. More of that...all of that. :aggressive:

Reactions: 1 person
Coaching.

Preparation.

Lack thereof.

Defeat...

Actually during the last few years, our players looked prepared to play them. They played well too, for the most part, and then were screwed by Jones' ****** situational coaching at the end of games.

Not sure where you've been, but we haven't had a real home field advantage since the late 90s. That was one of my big disappointments with Fulmer in his last 7-8 years as to how we sort of lost our home field advantage and haven't really gotten it back since
I blame this:

0880a08c4ee222a40863b7c58019dcdb.jpg

Yea, Mr. Meoff is trolling with this post, but he is right that there is no excuse. Well, except for the fact that we're 7-25 since 76. Not sure we can overcome that.

Agreed Mr. Behr. Another poster mentioned it being satirical.
I see what you did with the record there also,well done.

Too many unknowns for both teams to make a prediction. Which staffs will better implement their schemes, will there be any major injuries in camp or through the first few games before UF-UT play, will the big time WR transfers at UF be eligible this year (Van Jefferson and Trevon Grimes), will either team have a QB emerge.

It seems both fan bases are positive and optimistic about the coaching changes. Any predictions on this game either way are based out of hope and conjecture. Both teams could totally suck or both teams could be solid. We’ll see.

I don't like agreeing with y'all but you nailed it here. Way too many things can happen,good or bad depending on which fan you are,between now and gameday.
Right now all I can do is hope we get the win,we need it more.

I’ve come around. You guys have me convinced. There’s no excuse for a Gators loss in 2018. Let’s look at the evidence.

According to VolNation:

1) We have equal to or greater talent than UF
2) Pruitt is the better coach because the majority here would rather have him over Mullen
3) Obvious home field advantage
4) Gonna get corched up
5) Gonna punch ‘em in the mouff
6) Gonna play outta our minds
7) Cause Tony Burnhard sez so

Now the question is do we win by 2 touchdowns or 3?

I love it...……….

Hey, Jack Burton,

I want credit in the OP for giving you idea #7. That's my intellectual property (say that with 9 syllables to hear it right).

Jumbotron has taken the crowd out of the game.

Not sure if that was there early last decade. It all started that day in Neyland against florida when we couldn't keep from fumbling the snap and our coaches stood over there and watched it for several plays before calling a time out. We were somewhat loaded that year, but after those fumbles and Florida cashing in on them, our home field momentum seemed to just vanish overnight.

There's maybe one or two players on this team that could have started on any one team from 1989-2003

Summing it up, I see your point with the Jumbotron, but I must attribute it to nothing more than simple complacency

I’ve come around. You guys have me convinced. There’s no excuse for a Gators loss in 2018. Let’s look at the evidence.

According to VolNation:

1) We have equal to or greater talent than UF
2) Pruitt is the better coach because the majority here would rather have him over Mullen
3) Obvious home field advantage
4) Gonna get corched up
5) Gonna punch ‘em in the mouff
6) Gonna play outta our minds
7) Cause Tony Burnhard sez so

Now the question is do we win by 2 touchdowns or 3?

All these things are completely irrelevant when it comes to Florida. Other than the Wuerffell and Tebow years, there really isnt any excuses for us losing to UF.

Win by 2 or 3 TDs? Lol. We will be lucky to win this game period. Its Florida. They completely own us. We may get lucky and squeak out a win, but doubtful. Even in 2016 we only beat them by 10. I think its more likely we lose by 2 TDs.

Believe it when I see it. Our luck sucks against FLA. We always seem to have that one play where our D looks like the Keystone Cops and gives the game away.

I don’t want the mystique in their mindset. Most of the staff are used to “see the Gators...stomp the Gators”. More of that...all of that. :aggressive:

I'm with you on this one, Butchna. Healthy respect for Florida and an understanding of what we've been through are not anything we need to hang on to.

If they can pull it off, let's go with "casual disdain" as our new frame of mind when facing lizards. That'll work.

Go Vols.

All these things are completely irrelevant when it comes to Florida. Other than the Wuerffell and Tebow years, there really isnt any excuses for us losing to UF.

Win by 2 or 3 TDs? Lol. We will be lucky to win this game period. Its Florida. They completely own us. We may get lucky and squeak out a win, but doubtful. Even in 2016 we only beat them by 10. I think its more likely we lose by 2 TDs.

Yeah but I seen Pruitt down at the citgo and he had that look in his eye.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back