No change coming

What good players?

Henry T, Gray and Wright/Morris are the only freshmen that have shown they are worth a damn.

We made the same argument for Dooley and got worse. Tennessee needs to be proactive.

And do what tho?

See if they can get proactive right the next time?

Proactive or the will to fire coaches is not the issue

Reactions: Behr
Oh the fantasy land argument
Money talks. As yourself, Do we want to be a serious college football program, or continue to be the laughingstock of football? Based on our facilities and fan support
I think it's we do want to be a contender However, based on our coaching hires and the inability to pay what it takes to get an elite coach, it's the obvious we just want to filed a team and let whatever happens, happen. In the end, that's how you kill what was once an elite program.

Money talks. As yourself, Do we want to be a serious college football program, or continue to be the laughingstock of football? Based on our facilities and fan support
I think it's we do want to be a contender However, based on our coaching hires and the inability to pay what it takes to get an elite coach, it's the obvious we just want to filed a team and let whatever happens, happen. In the end, that's how you kill what was once an elite program.

Yes money does talk. However, you are saying that UT will just one day pony up the money to afford someone like Urban Meyer all while having 20+ million dollars of buyouts on the balance sheet.

Ain’t happening

I’m 50 years old now. And my parents are both alive in their 80s. Grandparents lived to late 80s. so I think you’re likely correct
I'll be 65 in a few months. My old Mom is still hanging in and will turn 92 in another month. I probably won't live as long as that but it pains me to think I might not see Tennessee football return to the elite level we enjoyed for most of my life.

Let's just remember what UT Football is....

47 years between National Championships (1951-1998)
13 SEC Championships since 1933 (Average 6.5 years between Championships and none since 1998)
6 Divisional Titles since 1992 (5 really because we lost the tie-breaker to UGA in 2003)

So, even though we as fans believe this is the best team around, we are definitely in-between our better years. That has a lot to do with alignment of ideals from top to bottom, and has since we fired Fulmer. Fulmer is/was a great coach, but botching his replacement has cost us years of development. We have to find someone who WANTS to make UT Football prominent, and has deep bred UT ties. Those have been, and will always be our best coaches (see Majors and Fulmer). Until we get back to that method and have a little more patience, we will continue to be what we are, a test tube experiment for coaches with no UT ties and coaches getting their feet wet as head coaches in the SEC. We also have to remember that coaches like Saban and Swinney don't grow on trees, so we are always going to be waiting on someone to take us to that level of sustained excellence. Swinney almost lost his job, but hired the right coaches and recruited the right players and now his record speaks for itself.

So, while I'm not sure Pruitt is the guy, and recent events show that to be a smaller than likely possibility, we still have to see where we are after year 3-4 and if we are even competitive enough to be middle of the pack in the East, let alone the rest of the SEC.

Just my two cents.

The sad thing is our university is completely incompetent when it comes to hires.
Not only is there the issue of buying out this coach and his assistants......we cannot seems to hire anyone who is proven.

Let’s face it, we got lucky with Fulmer being hires as a coach because he was an unproven coordinator when hired.

So at the end of next year when we finally replace this guy we will botch the next hire.

We will not win another championship in my lifetime.
As frustrating as it is, I think the best course of action is to see where we are after the 2020 season.

Reactions: amorange
UT negotiating a contract with HGTV. Show will be called "Flip this Coach". Premise: hire unproven, suck, send him on his way a multimillionaire.

Now this is Funny!
Gotta have a sense of Humor to be a Vol fan, no doubt about it

Reactions: McDad
The problem Tenn hiring bargain bin coaches, the salaries are way above bargain bin money.... CJP needs hire Brinks truck if he's fired......…...

I’d hire Will Healy. He turned the dumpster fire of Austin Peay around in 2 years and already has Charlotte winning some games. Young athletes appear to respond to his style

As long as Fulmer or anyone else currently at UT is involved in hiring we might as well keep Pruitt. That’s all we’ll get anyway.

Reactions: onevol74
Just a quick reminder

We are not changing coaches till after 2020 at the earliest.
We will not hire a proven winner if we make the change at that time
We will likely start Tan-o vs Georgia so little to nothing is going to change for Tennessee football.

Reactions: McDad
Just a quick reminder

We are not changing coaches till after 2020 at the earliest.
We will not hire a proven winner if we make the change at that time
We will likely start Tan-o vs Georgia so little to nothing is going to change for Tennessee football.
If he trots JG out to start the Ga. game I stop posting in the football forums until a change is made.....no use continuing to beat a dead horse....I heard all Pruitt said again about protections ect....how long is he going to use that excuse on a QB that has started his 2nd year.....JG's first look coming out of the huddle probably tells you where he is going with the ball....BM was all over the backfield calling the play and protections best I could tell...and that was his first start

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Yes money does talk. However, you are saying that UT will just one day pony up the money to afford someone like Urban Meyer all while having 20+ million dollars of buyouts on the balance sheet.

Ain’t happening

I don't think we can afford to hire a proven coach such as Meyer, with all the buyouts we would have. The only way I see anything like this happening is we stay put until the buyouts are paid out and hope for the best, then we could hire a proven coach. Someone will be out there at that time. As much as I would like to see Pruitt succeed, I don't think we will know until next year. A minimum of 6 wins next year or we are in deep trouble.

If he trots JG out to start the Ga. game I stop posting in the football forums until a change is made.....no use continuing to beat a dead horse....I heard all Pruitt said again about protections ect....how long is he going to use that excuse on a QB that has started his 2nd year.....JG's first look coming out of the huddle probably tells you where he is going with the ball....BM was all over the backfield calling the play and protections best I could tell...and that was his first start
I've got bad news for you. JG is practicing with the 1s. He will be trotted out against UGA. See ya in 2020.

I've got bad news for you. JG is practicing with the 1s. He will be trotted out against UGA. See ya in 2020.
Yep, I won't post in the FF until a change is made....
The man just said the team was 100 x better than last year...
The fans, media, ex-players ect...doesn't seem to buy that.............
The results on the field fail to bear that out....
Should have asked that ? about the coaches

The sad thing is our university is completely incompetent when it comes to hires.
Not only is there the issue of buying out this coach and his assistants......we cannot seems to hire anyone who is proven.

Let’s face it, we got lucky with Fulmer being hires as a coach because he was an unproven coordinator when hired.

So at the end of next year when we finally replace this guy we will botch the next hire.

We will not win another championship in my lifetime.
Where they really got lucky was having a lot of experienced assistances on staff when Fulmer took over: Fulmer didn’t really have to hire a staff.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Yep, JG is starting against UGA. Guarentano-teed.

I don’t mind it per say if he takes the brunt of the demolition UGA is gonna hand out. I’d prefer Maurer starting and getting game time with an even score, 0-0, but I get why we wouldn’t. Still a long ways away between now and UGA game

VN Store

Back