No. 1 juco LB commits to Vols

I think his committing gets those other schools to go at him just a little bit harder now. Taking other visits also keeps pressure on UT to keep showing the love.

It's not like Bama or anyone else is going to pack up and go home over him committing.

He'd be a good get and I hope he sticks with it but, as another poster alluded, way too early to get too hyped over any of these announcements.

if it's attention he wants, he reduces it by committing.

the better programs that still have stuff to sell like Bama, likely won't back off. and nor should they. we haven't backed off several guys that have committed elsewhere. maybe we get some to flip, maybe we won't. maybe he'll flip, maybe he won't.

but i'd rather be 1st in line, regardless.

and yes, it's May, so it's all way too early. no one will, or should, not acknowledge that none of this matters until NSD.

i wouldn't got in to a discussion about a commit or recruiting in general w/out that just being assumed, so i always find it funny that people put it out there like it's brand new information.

giphy.gif

I signed in just to give this "Boom Classic" a Like.....you simply can't beat the classics.

Reactions: 3 people
This Deserves a Boom Shaka Laka

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::baloon::baloon::baloon::baloon::baloon::td::td::td::td::run::run::run::run::run::welcome3::welcome3::welcome3::welcome3:LATE BOOM but i still can BOOM:):)

Per GoVols247 Henry said ...

“I’m still going to take more visits and stuff, just to make sure I’m comfortable with it just to make sure Tennessee don’t get too comfortable, because Tennessee won me over by their recruiting,” he said. “They didn’t win me over, really, by their facilities and stuff. I mean, they did to a certain point, but they really just won me over by building a relationship. So if they lose the relationship, then that’s not a place I’m going to want to be."

“I’m going to go to Alabama. ”I’m probably going to take one to Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas — all those schools. I just want to get around and get a feel for other schools.

“But I’m still going to be committed to Tennessee.”

Commitments this early are a joke ... there's nothing to see here.

I wonder if he's going to be one of the ones that puts 5 hats on the table and does the "eenie, meenie, minee, moe" thing. Something about that just isn't right.

On the other hand, sounds like he's a baller.

It's a cutthroat business, this free education for play thing. I honestly don't blame the kid a single bit for "verbally committing" to his favorite school now, then keeping the door open all the way to signing day. Players need to not give away any options when dealing with coaches and programs. They can get screwed royally all the way up to signing day by UT. If the top 3 LB prospects in the nation told Pruitt they were signing the day before NSD/ESP, then you can rest assured UT would cut bait with this kid.

I've dealt with collegiate athletic corruption with my own child. So, I say to the players ... hang on to every card to the very last moment and make sure you get the schools commitment in writing, just like they have yours.

That being said, I hope this kid is all Vol when he signs.

if it's attention he wants, he reduces it by committing.

the better programs that still have stuff to sell like Bama, likely won't back off. and nor should they. we haven't backed off several guys that have committed elsewhere. maybe we get some to flip, maybe we won't. maybe he'll flip, maybe he won't.

but i'd rather be 1st in line, regardless.

and yes, it's May, so it's all way too early. no one will, or should, not acknowledge that none of this matters until NSD.

i wouldn't got in to a discussion about a commit or recruiting in general w/out that just being assumed, so i always find it funny that people put it out there like it's brand new information.

This is me as well. I remember when Kongbo de-committed and some on VN were jumping outta windows. Being #1 at some point means something. Something is better than nothing most times IMO.

I’d keep in contact with him, but if I were the staff, I would go after another good linebacker at his position after those comments. Remember, Pruitt said”don’t worry about the ones we don’t get, but worry about the ones we do get” That to me has a powerful statement/message to the fans and these guys that we are trying to get.

Reactions: 1 person
So let's see if I have this correctly, ok? This kid has only played one year at a Jr College and is already rated the #1 JUCO LB in the country??

Can we ask him to sit out this year?????

VN Store

Back