No. 1 juco LB commits to Vols

Per GoVols247 Henry said ...

“I’m still going to take more visits and stuff, just to make sure I’m comfortable with it just to make sure Tennessee don’t get too comfortable, because Tennessee won me over by their recruiting,” he said. “They didn’t win me over, really, by their facilities and stuff. I mean, they did to a certain point, but they really just won me over by building a relationship. So if they lose the relationship, then that’s not a place I’m going to want to be."

“I’m going to go to Alabama. ”I’m probably going to take one to Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas — all those schools. I just want to get around and get a feel for other schools.

“But I’m still going to be committed to Tennessee.”

Commitments this early are a joke ... there's nothing to see here.

Reactions: 6 people
tenor.gif

Reactions: 5 people

“I’m still going to take more visits and stuff, just to make sure I’m comfortable with it just to make sure Tennessee don’t get too comfortable, because Tennessee won me over by their recruiting,” he said. “They didn’t win me over, really, by their facilities and stuff. I mean, they did to a certain point, but they really just won me over by building a relationship. So if they lose the relationship, then that’s not a place I’m going to want to be."

“I’m going to go to Alabama. ”I’m probably going to take one to Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas — all those schools. I just want to get around and get a feel for other schools.

Yep still good for now. Just gotta keep recruiting him hard.

Reactions: 1 person
A JUCO who played in South Georgia high school and has our new coaches attention thrills me to death. I do not think Kongbo was ever really a proven football player. I hope the new coaches can figure him out better than the last coaches. Boom! Welcome to Rocky Top!

I gave you a "Like" because you are absolutely correct.

Last edited:

He is gonna keep looking around, so I hope Pruitt and company will continue to look around also.
A 2 way street. That being said, I hope he ends up being a VOL!

Moob!!!

But yes, this is about as committed as Trump is to Melania.

Reactions: 11 people
"Tennessee one of the schools that I had interest in growing up," Henry, a Georgia native said. "I had Tennessee stuff and watched the games. Once they offered me and I saw the campus myself then I knew. I could see myself playing for the coaches and I could fill myself playing there standing in the stadium."

"I knew as soon as I left," Henry said. "It all came back to standing in the stadium and thinking I can envision this. This is it for me. I told my mother and my brother and sister and they support me and they are excited."

"They like me inside," Henry said. "They like that I'm a sideline-to-sideline runner and they like my violence when I get to the ball. They like that I can defend the pass and the run and that I'm an all around good linebacker they were looking for."

"Last year I wore No. 18, but this year I'm going to wear No. 1," Henry said. "When I get to Tennessee I'm going to go with which ever number they give me from No. 1 through 13."

I think he's ours to lose. Not sure he's "looking" in the truest sense of the word.

VN Store

Back