Nike, Satan, and UT

"UT athletics supports Satan!"

...or "let's breach our contract and pay millions to drop Nike because some small market rapper bought a few shoes at retail, modified them, and is reselling them to increase his popularity through scandal."

Solid implied statements by OP. Geez, do a little research before starting a thread...

The university booted an incoming freshman for one slang term she said to a friend when she was 15 years old.

You'd think they'd at least issue a reprimand to Ol' Scratch.

Let's not spread disinformtion; the firm behind these shoes never claimed it was a collaboration with Nike. Nike can't control what happens to their shoes on a secondary market. From Snopes:

Snopes fact checkers are almost as reliable as the drunk in the bar spreading rumors. Their "fact checkers" are completely politically and financially motivated. They are a part of the "cancel culture".

The story referenced above is on p.9 in the Politics Forum (thread title: Mimi Groves/UT Revokes Admission). 871 responses (mine was #871; evidently, I killed the thread).

Really interesting story. Just Googling "mimi groves university of tennessee" brings up tons of reporting and opinion columns from national news oulets such as NY Times, Washington Post, and many others. It was a big deal at the time for a few days.

Last edited:
Someone explain wtf this music video has to do with Lady Vols basketball, I'm all ears.

Sold their soles, bunch of heels, we got some critically acclaimed dad jokes ! As a 43 year old dad myself I am also well heeled in the dad joke . Even though this is not an officially endorsed Nike I had to stop in my tracks when I saw that Nike actually refuted that they were involvEd in this endeavor. I assumed they would tiptoe around the issue and toe the pop culture line .

On another note did anybody else on first glance think the thread title was “Nike, Nick Saban and UT” ?
Not sure of the age of your kids but.... do you know what zero said to eight? “Nice belt!” Seven year olds love it every time.

Reactions: creekdipper
Let's not spread disinformtion; the firm behind these shoes never claimed it was a collaboration with Nike. Nike can't control what happens to their shoes on a secondary market. From Snopes:
I had seen a couple different posts in so many words mentioning Nike being with them and one said collaboration. But of course I can’t find those posts now

VN Store

Back