Nike, Satan, and UT

Hoosier

I wonder if UT supports its supplier, Nike, manufacturing and selling shoes dedicated to satan? Can somebody with access to the administration ask them please? Inquiring minds want to know.

https://www.inputmag.com/style/snea...groups-instagram-female-sneakerheads-solesavy
SUBSCRIBE
“We do not have a relationship with Lil Nas X or MSCHF,” a Nike spokesperson said in a statement sent to Input. “Nike did not design or release these shoes and we do not endorse them.” The company did not say whether it plans to send a cease and desist to Lil Nas X and MSCFH, though if that were to happen, the rapper and the brand could make the argument that the shoes are simply an art project — which could offer some legal shielding. Of course, this isn’t the first time MSCHF, a creative label based out of Brooklyn, has worked on a religion-themed sneaker, following the drop of its “Jesus Shoes” back in 2019 — which came with holy water inside the Nike Air bubble.

I wonder if UT supports its supplier, Nike, manufacturing and selling shoes dedicated to satan? Can somebody with access to the administration ask them please? Inquiring minds want to know.

If you had googled before posting this query, you would have learned that Nike is not involved in the production of this shoe.

While the shoes are Nike’s classic Air Max ’97s, the shoe company has stated it is not involved with the creation or sale of the devilish kicks. Nike told fact-checking outlet Snopes in an email: “Nike did not release nor design these shoes.”
MSCF confirmed the Air Max ’97 shoes are bought independently and customized by its artists.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but there will either be a lawsuit and retraction of those shoes, or Nike is indeed affiliated, no matter what statement they release. No way those shoes come out with the Swoosh and saying it’s a colab with Nike, without that being true or a lawsuit and retraction happening.

I’m sorry but there will either be a lawsuit and retraction of those shoes, or Nike is indeed affiliated, no matter what statement they release. No way those shoes come out with the Swoosh and saying it’s a colab with Nike, without that being true or a lawsuit and retraction happening.

Let's not spread disinformtion; the firm behind these shoes never claimed it was a collaboration with Nike. Nike can't control what happens to their shoes on a secondary market. From Snopes:

Shortly after, viral company MSCHF announced via the website satan.shoes that it would be offering infernal Nike sneakers. According to the website, the shoes will contain a drop of human blood mixed with ink in the sole and only 666 pairs will be made available.

Because the shoes in question are Nike Air Max 97s, readers asked Snopes whether the brand Nike was partnering with Lil Nas X to create the Satan shoes. “Nike did not release nor design these shoes,” a spokesperson for Nike told us in an email.

According to a January 2020 profile published by Business Insider, the seller of the Satan shoes, MSCHF, has become known for “creating some of the most absurd, cynical, and viral projects and products that have spread across the internet.” Business Insider described MSCHF as a “seven-person company” that has made products that “range from an astrology-based stock trading app, to a toaster-shaped bathbomb, to Holy Water-filled sneakers.”

Indeed, while internet users can locate “Satan shoes” at satan.shoes, they can also find “Jesus shoes” at jesus.shoes (but those are sold out).

A lawsuit for what exactly? "You offended me therefore I will sue you." And it's the left that's supposed to be snowflakes, lmao.

This is literally capitalism mixed with freedom of speech and y'all are whining.

A lawsuit for the shoes being a Nike shoe and bearing the swoosh without Nikes permission.
Nike has said they didn’t design or release these shoes, well maybe not. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t give Nas and that company the go ahead to do those Nike shoes up like that and sell them.
Like I said, the post says they are Nike Air Max 97, and the pics of the shoe look like a Nike shoe with the Nike swoosh. So either they knew about it and was ok with it, or there’ll be something done about it.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
A lawsuit for the shoes being a Nike shoe and bearing the swoosh without Nikes permission.
Nike has said they didn’t design or release these shoes, well maybe not. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t give Nas and that company the go ahead to do those Nike shoes up like that and sell them.
Like I said, the post says they are Nike Air Max 97, and the pics of the shoe look like a Nike shoe with the Nike swoosh. So either they knew about it and was ok with it, or there’ll be something done about it.
the 1st amendment is tricky when it come to "art" and their chosen mediums

Let's not spread disinformtion; the firm behind these shoes never claimed it was a collaboration with Nike. Nike can't control what happens to their shoes on a secondary market. From Snopes:
Nike said they didn’t design or release the shoe. Didn’t say they didn’t allow it or ok it. I would find it very hard to believe a shoe like that, with the media attention it would get, would be released without Nike being notified with it being a Nike shoe.

Nike said they didn’t design or release the shoe. Didn’t say they didn’t allow it or ok it. I would find it very hard to believe a shoe like that, with the media attention it would get, would be released without Nike being notified with it being a Nike shoe.

Believe it. Have you ever bought a pair of Nikes and had to sign a binding legal agreement that you would not modify or re-sell the shoe? And neither has anyone else in the world. Nike has no grounds for a lawsuit nor does MSCHF need permission from Nike to modify and sell a customized Nike air max 97.

Reactions: sbm362
Sold their soles, bunch of heels, we got some critically acclaimed dad jokes ! As a 43 year old dad myself I am also well heeled in the dad joke . Even though this is not an officially endorsed Nike I had to stop in my tracks when I saw that Nike actually refuted that they were involvEd in this endeavor. I assumed they would tiptoe around the issue and toe the pop culture line .

On another note did anybody else on first glance think the thread title was “Nike, Nick Saban and UT” ?

Reactions: Lucy
Sold their soles, bunch of heels, we got some critically acclaimed dad jokes ! As a 43 year old dad myself I am also well heeled in the dad joke . Even though this is not an officially endorsed Nike I had to stop in my tracks when I saw that Nike actually refuted that they were involvEd in this endeavor. I assumed they would tiptoe around the issue and toe the pop culture line .

On another note did anybody else on first glance think the thread title was “Nike, Nick Saban and UT” ?
You mean it didn't?

Reactions: Jravol78

I thought it was gonna be a cornball calling Saban Satan.

The problem with that is for decades, Nike has stood by while an entire small industry has blossomed of people around the world taking stock Nike shoes, most often AirMax and Air Force 1s, and modifying/customizing them with colors, art projects, family photos, etc. Nelly and Murphy Lee's song "Air Force Ones" in 2003 was about aftermarket customized shoes.

You may remember former Lady Vol Alexa Middleton made quite a bit of money for a time customizing Nikes for athletes on campus and all over the country.

Nike doesn't endorse any of those products, they have only come down on resellers when they imply that they have a relationship with Nike. Nike's official stance on resellers is that once they sell a shoe, the end user is allowed to do whatever they want to them, including customizing and reselling.

So if they now take legal action against this modification simply because of its content, it'll be dismissed because they never went after the thousands of other resellers that did the exact same thing, minus the satanic reference.

VN Store

Back