Niele Ivey

Volfan2012

She will be the next great coach somewhere and heard that she is one of the candidates for the Tennessee job. Long time Assistant at Notre Dame person responsible for bringing all the talent that has played there in the past and the present. If we were going for a person that has never been a head coach but has been a player favorite and can relate to players she would be the person I would choose. A coach with a lot of experience in what it takes to win x's and 0's and someone that is as good a recruiter as there is in college basketball. Would be a huge loss to the Notre Dame program and I think she would bring our program back as quickly as any other coach we can hire.

Niele Ivey - Women's Basketball Coach - UND Athletics

Reports are that she and Jeff Walz are the two top candidates.

Always taking a chance with unproven coaches. R. Barnes ripped into William and Schofield while they sat next to him in the 2nd half and they seemed to respond. Does Ivey have the personality to do that???

Reactions: volfanIND
She will be the next great coach somewhere and heard that she is one of the candidates for the Tennessee job. Long time Assistant at Notre Dame person responsible for bringing all the talent that has played there in the past and the present. If we were going for a person that has never been a head coach but has been a player favorite and can relate to players she would be the person I would choose. A coach with a lot of experience in what it takes to win x's and 0's and someone that is as good a recruiter as there is in college basketball. Would be a huge loss to the Notre Dame program and I think she would bring our program back as quickly as any other coach we can hire.

Niele Ivey - Women's Basketball Coach - UND Athletics

Reports are that she and Jeff Walz are the two top candidates.

This is everything that they also said about Holly. Until they make it as a head coach, it’s a crapshoot. Walz has shown that he can coach.

This is everything that they also said about Holly. Until they make it as a head coach, it’s a crapshoot. Walz has shown that he can coach.
I wont say never but we will hopefully never have to hire an assistant again for the LVs. We get Walz and we may not, then Moore and Jolly are my choices. JMHO as always!

If we hire another unproven assistant with no head coach exp. more than likely in a few years when we are in the market for a new coach again the program will have fallen to the point where that's all we will be able to get.This is a crossroads as far as the program goes and it must be a proven coach with a proven track record not an experiment imo.

I wont say never but we will hopefully never have to hire an assistant again for the LVs. We get Walz and we may not, then Moore and Jolly are my choices. JMHO as always!

I haven’t heard Moore’s name being tossed around at all other than on here which makes me think he’s definitely out. Or that they called and asked if he was interested and he said no. Really does seem to be down to Walz and Ivey.

Hard to say how much of the turnaround she was responsible for at ND but they had a few rough season and then things started to improve again after she was hired.

I’m definitely crossing my fingers for a proven head coach though. No more experiments. And that’s all an assistant is. So much more pressure as a head coach, particularly at a school like Tennessee. We have got to get someone that we know can handle being under the microscope. I believe Walz is the man for the job.

Reactions: bullet20
Always taking a chance with unproven coaches. R. Barnes ripped into William and Schofield while they sat next to him in the 2nd half and they seemed to respond. Does Ivey have the personality to do that???

I have seen many times Muffet McGraw rip one of her players on TV so i`m sure Ivey will do the same thing.

I have seen many times Muffet McGraw rip one of her players on TV so i`m sure Ivey will do the same thing.
I have not seen anywhere other than here that Ivey would be considered but if others have I believe it but I don't see it under any circumstances. We would have to be turned down by many head coaches first! This job does not need another assistant coach. After tonight or when Lville wins or loses since our guys are out to the tourney Walz will be the man or he will say he is not. I certainly rather have Kellie and she would come than any assistant ! JMHO as always!

The two names i heard brought out were between Walz and Ivey. i certainly would be very happy if Walz takes the job and not unhappy if Ivey gets it. I think she is the upcoming super coach in women's basketball and I'm sure Notre Dame fans want be very happy if she ever decides to leave for a head coaching job.

The two names i heard brought out were between Walz and Ivey. i certainly would be very happy if Walz takes the job and not unhappy if Ivey gets it. I think she is the upcoming super coach in women's basketball and I'm sure Notre Dame fans want be very happy if she ever decides to leave for a head coaching job.

One thing I believe must be considered is that Muffet is no spring chicken. She may coach another 5 or 6 seasons but she’s 63 years old. Ivey may want to stick around there and see if she can get the job at her alma mater.

I would be happy with her if not Walz, but would be afraid she would leave to take the ND job after Muffet if she is successful at Tennessee. If we get Walz I feel like he would be a forever coach for the next 25 or 30 years.

I have not seen anywhere other than here that Ivey would be considered but if others have I believe it but I don't see it under any circumstances. We would have to be turned down by many head coaches first! This job does not need another assistant coach. After tonight or when Lville wins or loses since our guys are out to the tourney Walz will be the man or he will say he is not. I certainly rather have Kellie and she would come than any assistant ! JMHO as always!

I would not short change Ivey she could be a great coach for Tenn it`s all about wait and see.

If Fulmer decides he’s okay with going with someone who has no head-coach experience, then my preference would be Lawson. We know these things for certain: she’s tough as nails, a hard worker, is a fantastic communicator, has a brilliant mind that’s constantly expanding, and also has the bonus feature of being a LVFL.

I would imagine that her staff would be comprised of just the perfect balance of personalties and abilities, and that there would be no weak links. Kara is way too smart to make staffing mistakes.

If Fulmer decides he’s okay with going with someone who has no head-coach experience, then my preference would be Lawson. We know these things for certain: she’s tough as nails, a hard worker, is a fantastic communicator, has a brilliant mind that’s constantly expanding, and also has the bonus feature of being a LVFL.

I would imagine that her staff would be comprised of just the perfect balance of personalties and abilities, and that there would be no weak links. Kara is way too smart to make staffing mistakes.
Well Kara has stated on more than one occasion she was happy at ESPN and happy being a UT trustee. I would be more into her than Ivey but aint happening in my mind, but my crystal balls are getting cloudy!LOL

Reactions: orangealways
What's more, Ivey has shown brilliant prowess when it comes to scouting and in-game strategy. In the past six years alone, she has been directly responsible for creating the game plans that led to victories over Duke (11 times), Tennessee (seven times), Florida State (six times), Connecticut (four times), Maryland (three times), Louisville (six times), Syracuse (five times), UCLA (three times), Baylor (twice), Texas A&M (twice) and Purdue (two times) and South Carolina, among many others. One of the now more memorable scout wins was against undefeated UConn in the 2018 National Semifinal, downing the Huskies 91-89 in OT

The key words here are "the upcoming superstar". I hate for us to have to suffer through developing a coach and the repair of program. A proven coach is a much better route to me.

What's more, Ivey has shown brilliant prowess when it comes to scouting and in-game strategy. In the past six years alone, she has been directly responsible for creating the game plans that led to victories over Duke (11 times), Tennessee (seven times), Florida State (six times), Connecticut (four times), Maryland (three times), Louisville (six times), Syracuse (five times), UCLA (three times), Baylor (twice), Texas A&M (twice) and Purdue (two times) and South Carolina, among many others. One of the now more memorable scout wins was against undefeated UConn in the 2018 National Semifinal, downing the Huskies 91-89 in OT

My God, this woman is the next coming of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: sccshortstop

VN Store

Back