Nick Saban Retiring - CONFIRMED

Something ain’t right here. No logical reason he was recruiting and interviewing staff into today and then suddenly retires. If he had been planning this he would have been doing things differently. Something unexpected happened and it happened suddenly IMHO

He also said he was not going to be the coach at Alabama literally about 72 hours before being announced as the next head coach at Alabama

Reactions: LadyVolette
Something ain’t right here. No logical reason he was recruiting and interviewing staff into today and then suddenly retires. If he had been planning this he would have been doing things differently. Something unexpected happened and it happened suddenly IMHO
Will be interesting to find out what it was. A quick turn of events for sure.

Saban would like a redo at the Dolphins now that they have got better players than most of the teams, funny how when you can get the best players 3 deep makes winning a lot easier. The college is on the cusp of parity with the portal and Nick didn't like it. Cant blame him he and a few coaches made a career off the edgy recruiting and keeping players by transfer rules etc..Great coach but always had the best players, now Kirby's got it until the portal starts eating at it, like Vandergriff transferring to Kentucky, 5 years ago he would have stayed and waited his turn or grad transfer in 3 years. The times they are a changing. I don't like the portal but it was getting ridiculous with a few teams stock piling players, other teams could stay with them maybe 1st half then the depth just ate teams alive. I hate not knowing whose playing where already said this year, I thought he played for Oklahoma? Oh, he did last year he portaled. A lot of the fun has gone and the loyalty but I think in 10 years you'll start seeing a lot of different teams playing for the Natty.

Last edited:
Health issue?

Jimbo fisher says hello. It takes more than good players. Hate him and the program all you want but to say he hasn’t been an amazing coach is just ignorant.
I think you are both right 😂.. Saban was an excellent coach and he was cheating his azz off too 😂 kind of made it difficult to beat him

Bama should make a run and Derek Mason and snatch him form the Blue Raiders before he has a chance to coach a snap. 🫠

VN Store

Back