Nick Saban Retiring - CONFIRMED

Kiffin seems like a possibility but I think he will want 1 more year with the team he has at Ole Miss right now. 2024 will be make or break for him.
Kiffen would go in a heartbeat if offered. I golf with a lot of "connected" Bama folks (former players, major donors). We saw the news right after we completed our round this evening. They said Bear, Jr. hates Kiffen and therefore Kiff will not be offered the position. Several mentioned Lanning as the top choice, but my money is still on Kiffen. You would have to be an egotistical idiot to follow Saban. Kiffen fits the bill.

Kiffin and Sarkisian are definitely in the mix, but my first guess would be Lanning. He's young, and knows the SEC inside and out. Sark is pretty much on the same level at Texas, and has the QB room set for the next few years.
Gonna have read up on Lanning. It’s going to be a very interesting offseason. Looking forward to next season even more now.

Saban went out with class. He didn’t quit like Spurrier or blame it on fake health conditions like Meyer.
I'd hardly say his behavior over the last two years was dignified. He was always complaining about something and the politicking for his two loss team to get in was just embarrassing.

Reactions: bigorangedude
You don't want to be the guy to follow the Dark Lord. You want to be the guy that follows the next guy.

Here's hoping Bama wanders in the desert for a decade or two.

Reactions: LAVol1
It's been known in circles for the past 2 years he was retiring(Spoke about this in the Rf back then) so them having someone already in the works should be a giving.Old man can't game the system anymore so he's taking his ball and going home.Im just happy we whooped that ass one good time.I mean between Nico,Neyland last year and NIL were lucky the man ain't on bath salts from what little meltdown we were privy too...
NOT! I've been informed that the reason Saban is retiring now is a personal matter and has nothing to do with football. You'll probably hear about it in the next few days, but I'm not going to put it out because it is very personal, and I respect that.

You don't want to be the guy to follow the Dark Lord. You want to be the guy that follows the next guy.

Here's hoping Bama wanders in the desert for a decade or two.
Exactly.. and the Gumps are sort of freaking out. Found this on their message board.. (this guy brings up a good point). Notice now that there are no divisions, it's a different game.

1704935118967.png

As for the toughest schedule in modern football history, they are proud of themselves. We've played them and Georgia and Florida every year (and will again next season) so this a very myopic view.

Is this the most difficult season in modern football history?
  • August 31 – Western Kentucky
  • September 7 – South Florida
  • September 14 – @ Wisconsin
  • September 21 – BYE
  • September 28 – Georgia
  • October 5 – @ Vanderbilt
  • October 12 – South Carolina
  • October 19 – @ Tennessee
  • October 26 – Missouri
  • November 2 – BYE
  • November 9 – @ LSU
  • November 16 – Mercer