Nick Saban Retiring - CONFIRMED

Someone should post the meltdown the gumps are having on their website. They do have a website don't they? Probably have to teach them to read first. Yeah, I bet those bama fans are S___ting the bed about right now. LOlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

This is the chance for Heupel to make up for any roster deficiencies and raid the Bama roster. We can finally pick up a game breaking S like Downs and shore up our OL for the future by getting a guy like Proctor. Coach needs to get on this ASAP, until now, his roster management has been abysmal and we can right the ship in a 2 week span. All in to win it with Nicoooooooo!

Ask yourself this. Do you think he could win at a school like Arkansas or Virginia Tech or a Miss. St?
Yes I do. Would he have won like he has? Maybe not. But he out LSU in the national spotlight. They were in the desert and irrelevant. You don’t win national championships at multiple schools without great coaching abilities.

so what’s your criteria for being a great coach?

Reactions: TheManFromTenn
Nick Saban realized the probability of winning another championship is only getting harder with the 12 team CFP. Might as well get ahead of it an retire.

Ask yourself this. Do you think he could win at a school like Arkansas or Virginia Tech or a Miss. St?
Yes. Saban would have had similar success at Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Texas AM and maybe even South Carolina or Arkansas. This is where Alabama fans are wrong. They think their program is naturally stronger and that's just not true. On a balanced playing field they are no better than any of the places I mentioned.

Meyer would come back to the SEC?? That heart issue he has/ had at FL would come back into play after his first losing streak..

I think Kiffin, Sarkisian, Dabo (it may the time for him to bolt Clemson). Just for fun, Deion (no way he’d leave Colorado and especially after only 4 wins this past season… but who knows

Kiffin and Sarkisian are definitely in the mix, but my first guess would be Lanning. He's young, and knows the SEC inside and out. Sark is pretty much on the same level at Texas, and has the QB room set for the next few years.

Kiffin and Sarkisian are definitely in the mix, but my first guess would be Lanning. He's young, and knows the SEC inside and out. Sark is pretty much on the same level at Texas, and has the QB room set for the next few years.
LOL why would Sark leave Texas? All things being equal that's a better job than Alabama.

Reactions: Zues1
I do think NIL and the transfer portal probably weighed on his decision. Not because it “evens the playing field” but because the schedule involved is grueling and it’s going to be worse with the expanded playoffs.

Probably exhausted from revolving door of assistants too.

I don’t think he’s scared of anything. He’s 72, has 7 NCs, and nothing left to prove.

LOL why would Sark leave Texas? All things being equal that's a better job than Alabama.
All things being equal? No it’s just a straight up better job for him. Who the **** wants to go to Tuscaloosa and get death threats from crazy fans for losing 2 regular season games? That job is the definition of “hard to follow”. Don’t know why everyone seems so sure that it’ll get filled quickly.

All things being equal? No it’s just a straight up better job for him. Who the **** wants to go to Tuscaloosa and get death threats from crazy fans for losing 2 regular season games? That job is the definition of “hard to follow”. Don’t know why everyone seems so sure that it’ll get filled quickly.
I completely agree. Texas is a much better job today. I remember how crazy the Gumps fans were with DuBose,coach Fran and Shula. They were acting like Bryant happened yesterday during those times. Well now we are literally after Saban. You're completely correct. Anyone wanting this job right now is certifiably crazy.

Reactions: LAVol1 and 25vol

VN Store

Back