Nick Saban Retiring - CONFIRMED

WOW! This late, not sure who they can call. Vrabel will get offered a few NFL jobs. Harbaugh is a Michigan guy and is goi g to the NFL. It means Debo, Kirby, Sark. None of those three should leave their jobs. As replacing a legend is crazy.

Reactions: spyfish007
Such news is worth my temp-visiting.

Comment 1: I wouldn't be surprised if he stays one more year due to players begging him to as happened with Urban. Perhaps promising to send him off with one more natty.

Comment 2: I got a sneaking suspicion that the rise of both Kirby and Kiffin is a factor in this as well. Might also be the harbinger of UT first half with a weaker team telling him we're coming. He did last year moan and groan at the UT being on his permanent opponent schedule.

Comment 3: Without a doubt, the NIL has dented his pay to play scheme, so he can't continue to have a monopoly on buying top recruits.

Comment 4: The man is filthy rich, got nothing more to prove. Has a house in flooding Florida (should have picked Idaho, Wyoming, or one of the Dakotas for peace and quiet) so he sort of already said goodbye.

Comment 5: Replacement candidates? The dog said it is a toss up between Kirby, Kiffin, and James Franklin . disagree, sorry dog. I think it will be ( go ahead and laugh) Bill Bilichick, Pete Carroll, or Ron Riveria. As for Saban, well:

There was blood on the saddle and blood all around
And a great big puddle of blood on the ground

A cowboy lay in it all covered with gore
And he never will ride any broncos no more

Oh, pity the cowboy, all bloody and red
For the bronco fell on him and bashed in his head

There was blood on the saddle and blood all around

And a great big puddle of blood on the ground

SEC refs - Mandatory Teams meeting at 8 am tomorrow. New rules forthcoming!

If this is true, we need a Vol fan in Birmingham who is Catholic and knows the routine... to go to the Vulcan Statue and watch for smoke coming out of Commissioner Greg Sankey's a$$ as that will mean bama's got a new coach!

Dabo is probably the most realistic option to replace Saban.

Too much ties.
I have mixed feelings on this. He’s shown he can take a team to the championship with the right players. Bama can afford to keep the cupboard stocked.

Dabo has really grown tired of Clemson fans lately. So it may feel right to him if they offered.

That said, he would melt down under the bama fan pressure. They are spoiled right now.

Reactions: BristolVol
NIL pulled the rug right out from under him! Once he realized that ALL schools can pay their players now - he knew that he no longer had the advantage…..

Alabama has been doing that for Decades!!!

Glad we beat him once at least. Looking forward to watching the mass exodus in the transfer portal now that it’s open for 30 days. Too bad he left them with such a **** offensive line as there a big need for it. REALLY looking forward to the TSIO this year. Can’t wait to break in Alabamas first year back in the mortal coil the right way. Their tears will be so sweet 🥲

Reactions: chuck0303

VN Store

Back