Nick Saban Retiring - CONFIRMED

The war of succession begins. Jimmy Sexton taking almost lethal doses of caffeine. No sleep for him for a week.
Game of Thrones NCAA edition

Reactions: tbh
Isn’t Kiffins higher
This is the list circulating online among others. Kiffin's buyout is a mystery.
• Steve Sarkisian - Former OC ($15M Buyout)
• Dan Lanning ($20M Buyout)
• Kalen DeBoer ($12M Buyout)
• Lane Kiffin - Former OC (Private)
• Dabo Swinney - Alma Mater ($60M Buyout)

I also saw Pete Carroll and Belichick mentioned but they are around the same age as Saban. Surely the $60 million eliminates Dabo. It's possible Bama doesn't get their first or second choice and settles for a Kiffin or similar. Some of those coaches may use this to get life changing raises and stay put and not have to deal with the Bama fan base expectations following Saban. It will be fun to watch.

Reactions: Godfatha
If it's Dabo then I think they missed on their first few targets. I don't think Dabo is viewed the same now as he was 4 years ago.
He’s not a good match for the changing college football landscape with NIL and the transfer portal.

CFB is changing in a bad way. He knows it & stated he does like NIL and the transfer portal, plus the SEC starts a new chapter next season. Time to get out!!!

100%. He sees what's coming and wants no part of it. Jay Wright did the same thing in leaving Villanova - the one-and-done's, transfer portal, and the whole NIL thing that was about to explode convinced Jay that the game would never be the same. I don't blame either of them a single bit.

I just don't think Kiffin will leave with what he's building in Ole Miss and continues to say how happy his family is in Oxford, but with Lane, never say never, I suppose.

This will be an unpopular opinion, but I never like it when great coaches leave the league, it always takes a little juice away. Like when Spurrier left Florida - everyone celebrated, but it took something away from the UT-UF rivalry. I hate to see Saban leave just as UT is getting back to a competitive level, and the TSIO will just not be the same. I was planning on going down for the Bama game this season (saw the TSIO in Bear's last season, and was hoping to do the same in Saban's), but now it loses a bit of its luster. Just my opinion.
A friend of mine just told me he was looking forward to kicking his ass in Knoxville this year😄

Mixed emotions for sure

Reactions: sami
Dabo is probably the most realistic option to replace Saban.

Too much ties.

Bama had to know this at least at the beginning of 2023 football. They have to have a replacement hooked. Just waiting for the timing to announce.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

VN Store

Back