Nice to start seeing some National BB predictions

If I were to guess, it is because your average KY fan couldn't name 5 players currently on their roster.

It has been my experience over the last four years that outside of the most hardcore KY followers, most of them don't know the players' names until the season starts, and it has progressively gotten worse each year removed from the previous regime. It is a product of the recruiting style Cal has used. KY fans can't identify with players like they could in the 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's. It almost has a hired mercenary feel to it.

Very true, the ladies I work with that talk **** too me about Tennessee couldn't name a player on UK's roster this year, except that they have twins lol. I'm like how could you not know who Julius Randle or James Young is when they'll both be lottery picks this year...and talk **** to me when I know more about your own team than you do. It's like that with majority of their fans. Sucks living in KY.

Very true, the ladies I work with that talk **** too me about Tennessee couldn't name a player on UK's roster this year, except that they have twins lol. I'm like how could you not know who Julius Randle or James Young is when they'll both be lottery picks this year...and talk **** to me when I know more about your own team than you do. It's like that with majority of their fans. Sucks living in KY.

do the ladies have teeth in kensucky.

It's been different for me this year after the beat down. I work with a ton of KY fans and they really have been rather quiet coming into this year vs. every other year that I can remember. Maybe they are just sitting back licking their chops waiting for the season to start. I do remember sitting in the stands during the beatdown with KY fans all around me and I never heard a peep out of them the whole game. It was great.

Lol the best part of that is the KY fans started to leave with like 10 mins left. I was talking mad **** to them while they were walking down the stairs. The best was this old blue hair wearing this blue flashing crown. She made it to easy, I think I hurt her ole little blue hair feelings lol

One good thing about it we have had a pretty good run against florida the last 5yrs hopefully we can keep it up

Another Good/Bad prediction for the Vols and the rest of the top 25

25. TENNESSEE
Key returners: G Josh Richardson, G Jordan McRae, G Quinton Chievous, F Jeronne Maymon, F Jarnell Stokes, G Derek Reese
Notable newcomers: G Antonio Barton, G Robert Hubbs, G Darius Thompson
Best-case scenario: Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes form one of the SEC's most imposing froncourts. Jordan McRae and highly touted freshman Robert Hubbs III provide firepower from the wings. All that's missing for Tennessee is a point guard to feed those weapons ... and Memphis transfer Antonio Barton fills that role seamlessly. Though Barton played mostly off ball at Memphis as a sophomore and junior, he had some nice moments as a freshman at point guard in place of a struggling Joe Jackson. He understands Cuonzo Martin needs him to distribute more than score and he embraces that, content with the fact he finally gets to start after slipping to fourth in Memphis' guard rotation last season. Tennessee isn't quite in Kentucky's class in the SEC, but the Vols overtake Florida for second place and earn a top-four NCAA tournament seed. A Sweet 16 helps Martin fully emerge from Bruce Pearl's shadow and solidify himself as Tennessee's coach for years to come.
Worst-case scenario: Maymon and Stokes form one of the SEC's most imposing froncourts. McRae and Hubbs provide firepower from the wings. All that's missing for Tennessee is a point guard to feed those weapons ... and Barton isn't the answer. The marriage of convenience sparked by Trae Golden's transfer fizzles because Barton can't deliver the ball to Tennessee's other weapons in places where they can look to score. That shouldn't be stunning either considering Barton passed for only 29 assists in 433 minutes last year, while firing up 73 missed shots. Freshman Darius Thompson gets some extended playing time at point guard too, but he's too inexperienced to fill that void. As a result, Tennessee fades to the middle of the pack in the SEC and lands in the NIT for the third straight year. Fans in Knoxville don't even wait until the Vols lose in the NIT quarterfinals to begin clamoring for the return of Pearl now that his three-year show-cause penalty is set to expire.

Y! SPORTS

I don't think I realized how awesome the ACC is going to be at CBB now. Duke, Carolina, Cuse, Pitt, ND, Louisville next year and all the other ACC schools is ridic.

Another Good/Bad prediction for the Vols and the rest of the top 25

25. TENNESSEE
Key returners: G Josh Richardson, G Jordan McRae, G Quinton Chievous, F Jeronne Maymon, F Jarnell Stokes, G Derek Reese
Notable newcomers: G Antonio Barton, G Robert Hubbs, G Darius Thompson
Best-case scenario: Jeronne Maymon and Jarnell Stokes form one of the SEC's most imposing froncourts. Jordan McRae and highly touted freshman Robert Hubbs III provide firepower from the wings. All that's missing for Tennessee is a point guard to feed those weapons ... and Memphis transfer Antonio Barton fills that role seamlessly. Though Barton played mostly off ball at Memphis as a sophomore and junior, he had some nice moments as a freshman at point guard in place of a struggling Joe Jackson. He understands Cuonzo Martin needs him to distribute more than score and he embraces that, content with the fact he finally gets to start after slipping to fourth in Memphis' guard rotation last season. Tennessee isn't quite in Kentucky's class in the SEC, but the Vols overtake Florida for second place and earn a top-four NCAA tournament seed. A Sweet 16 helps Martin fully emerge from Bruce Pearl's shadow and solidify himself as Tennessee's coach for years to come.
Worst-case scenario: Maymon and Stokes form one of the SEC's most imposing froncourts. McRae and Hubbs provide firepower from the wings. All that's missing for Tennessee is a point guard to feed those weapons ... and Barton isn't the answer. The marriage of convenience sparked by Trae Golden's transfer fizzles because Barton can't deliver the ball to Tennessee's other weapons in places where they can look to score. That shouldn't be stunning either considering Barton passed for only 29 assists in 433 minutes last year, while firing up 73 missed shots. Freshman Darius Thompson gets some extended playing time at point guard too, but he's too inexperienced to fill that void. As a result, Tennessee fades to the middle of the pack in the SEC and lands in the NIT for the third straight year. Fans in Knoxville don't even wait until the Vols lose in the NIT quarterfinals to begin clamoring for the return of Pearl now that his three-year show-cause penalty is set to expire.

Y! SPORTS

I think their best-case scenario is a little low honestly. I realize Kentucky has an insane group of freshman playing, but blowing them out by 30 last year has to give us some hope that we're capable of being the best team in the SEC this year. I'd be perfectly happy with a sweet-sixteen but I think they're capable of more.

I think their best-case scenario is a little low honestly. I realize Kentucky has an insane group of freshman playing, but blowing them out by 30 last year has to give us some hope that we're capable of being the best team in the SEC this year. I'd be perfectly happy with a sweet-sixteen but I think they're capable of more.

I see what you're saying, but you can't weigh that game too heavily. That was their first game without their best player, on the road, and while we were peaking.

Last edited:
D@mn, Dickie V doesn't even get us in the "Others to watch" list.

Dick Vitale's preseason top 25 - ESPN

F Vitale. He's the worst, and that has nothing to do with this article. Was a horrible coach and brings no insight. I like his excitement, but I could care less what his opinions on teams are.

Edit: okay, maybe not the worst but he's definitely not good. No analyst should be as biased as he his towards a specific conference (ACC)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
F Vitale. He's the worst, and that has nothing to do with this article. Was a horrible coach and brings no insight. I like his excitement, but I could care less what his opinions on teams are.

His excitement is overdone. I'm tired of it.

Lots of big names on that UK roster but that alone doesn't always translate into success. Last year they had a pretty good team, but failed at living up to all the hype given to them. I believe that was due to having very little of the type of leadership a polished upperclassmen offers during games. This years UK team will have freshman and sophomores playing the majority of all game minutes. Can they find the type of leadership they will need?

Lots of big names on that UK roster but that alone doesn't always translate into success. Last year they had a pretty good team, but failed at living up to all the hype given to them. I believe that was due to having very little of the type of leadership a polished upperclassmen offers during games. This years UK team will have freshman and sophomores playing the majority of all game minutes. Can they find the type of leadership they will need?

They still won't have this.

VN Store

Back