Nice additions to my memorabilia

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay!!!!
Since you did not list your best? Allow me a guess.: Doug Atkins.
Best linebacker? Yea, I can definitely see that. Andy Spiva or Steve Kiner (2 X All-American.) maybe.....

Best player in history.....I could find several others, but I would always want Wilson on my team.

tennrich1

The best there ever was at UT.
Al was great...no doubt about it...but the Vols have had stellar linebackers for years and years...A lot of people think Al walked onto the campus and was the man from day one...and that's just not the way it was...To me...one of the most impressive things about Al is how he matured into the role as an outstanding backer and leader....

JohnnyJava

Subversive iconoclast
I liked when he and Jamal Lewis got into a bench press duel one summer and were pushing up ridiculous amounts that few, if any, of the OL could even match, when a very nervous S&C coach (Johnny Long maybe?) stopped them before they shredded a pectoral.

LexVol71

I watched most if not all of those mentioned here play (yep, my spring chicken days are forever lost inside a neck-deep snowdrift) and all were top-notch. It's hard not to give a shout-out to Dale Jones in this discussion. He was a terrific LB (just ask Vinnie Testaverde) who earned numerous All-American honors and was a dynamic team leader. While I'm at it, Jerod Mayo also deserves a nod. He was a first-round draft pick after only 3 years on the Hill. If I was forced to choose though, it's hard not to lean towards Al Wilson as arguably the best of the bunch when you combine his abilities both as a player and a leader.

VN Store

Sponsors