NFL DIVISIONAL ROUND PLAYOFF GAMES (1/21-1/22 2023) Official Thread

Let me see if I got this. Guy catches ball and has it firm against his body with one hand. Takes 3 or more steps in play and falls down and slides out of the end zone. As he’s sliding out of play, defender punches ball out (because that’s what happened regardless of what the dumb rules official said), and it’s not a catch? I hate NFL rules and their administration. I’ll glad take the loosey goosey two feet down interpretation of yesteryear over the present day.

Reactions: MAD
Let me see if I got this. Guy catches ball and has it firm against his body with one hand. Takes 3 or more steps in play and falls down and slides out of the end zone. As he’s sliding out of play, defender punches ball out (because that’s what happened regardless of what the dumb rules official said), and it’s not a catch? I hate NFL rules and their administration. I’ll glad take the loosey goosey two feet down interpretation of yesteryear over the present day.
If all that happened in bounds it’s a catch.

Did he fumble the ball through the end zone?

If he's talking about the catch that wasn't a td, I agreed with the call. Although I sometimes think they overanalyze what's a catch and what's not, I don't think he ever controlled the ball. He brought it in, but as he was falling to the ground you could see it jiggle around in his arms. He never really secured control of the ball until he was out of bounds.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back