NFL.com combine grades/results

The Tennessee hate is always there. Just want till we start winning again and producing top draft picks.

Kept Brandon on the bench. 😎

Going into the season Brandon was Red shirting anyway. That was the coaching plans all along was to RS to prepare for this year. Brandon shined in Fall camp last year. They was just saving him for this season. Keep your same energy for the whole season

Going into the season Brandon was Red shirting anyway. That was the coaching plans all along was to RS to prepare for this year. Brandon shined in Fall camp last year. They was just saving him for this season. Keep your same energy for the whole season
He didn’t make the impact they did...thus the redshirt. Paint that pig orange!

Every decent player on every team doesn't make it in the NFL or even get a shot to make it. A very small percentage make an NFL squad
“Decent” doesn’t describe Bituli. Force of nature level player when healthy...damn good even when he isn’t.

If im Jennings im moving to TE he will do better at that position. Jennings and Callaway problem is they dont run good routes.
6’3 215 lb nfl TE? Good grief. JJ will make a roster because he’ll shine on special teams and I believe he’ll transition from there into a rotation at WR, likely in the slot. He’ll never, ever play TE in the nfl, doesn’t have the body for it.

TE, that’s your take? Explains a lot.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
JJ will make some team very happy. I think Bituli will do the same

40 times will make or break each of those two. I think they are both perceived to be a half-step slower than what is desired at their respective positions.

40 times will make or break each of those two. I think they are both perceived to be a half-step slower than what is desired at their respective positions.
Calloway is supposedly 4.4 which is plenty fast, his strength, toughness and tenacity are his question Mark's. JJ needs to run at least a 4.6 to help his status, if he runs a 4.7 it will drop him to the lower rounds or even not drafted.

Calloway is supposedly 4.4 which is plenty fast, his strength, toughness and tenacity are his question Mark's. JJ needs to run at least a 4.6 to help his status, if he runs a 4.7 it will drop him to the lower rounds or even not drafted.

I was thinking JJ and Bituli. Agree with you about JJ. Every hundredth he can shave off will matter.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I was thinking JJ and Bituli. Agree with you about JJ. Every hundredth he can shave off will matter.
I don't think Bituli will get drafted until the last few rounds if he gets picked at all. I think Warrior will get drafted before Bituli.

I still remember watching the O&W game 2 years ago. Nobody knew what we had in our new coaching staff, especially the players. Seeing Bituli chewing out a couple of players (Shy, being one) for not taking it seriously, stood out to me and root for that young man going forward. I sincerely hope he finds a footing in the NFL.

Reactions: spyfish007
“Decent” doesn’t describe Bituli. Force of nature level player when healthy...damn good even when he isn’t.

I would suggest that you re-watch the UGA film.....maybe he was tentative because not confident in first major game back from knee injury...but a very poor game for Bituli.

But Bituli is a "tweener" in the NFL IMO....

Not physically athletic enough to play MLB in NFL.....
not big enough to play DE in a 4-3....

I don't understand why you guys can't see it......but Henry T. was better as a FR than Bituli was as a SR. It's just a flat out fact!

I would suggest that you re-watch the UGA film.....maybe he was tentative because not confident in first major game back from knee injury...but a very poor game for Bituli.

But Bituli is a "tweener" in the NFL IMO....

Not physically athletic enough to play MLB in NFL.....
not big enough to play DE in a 4-3....

I don't understand why you guys can't see it......but Henry T. was better as a FR than Bituli was as a SR. It's just a flat out fact!
Do I fall under the “you guys” umbrella? Because I don’t recall downplaying Toto one iota. I do know he wasn’t ready at the beginning of the season to compensate for the absence of Bituli. The whole squad bent at some point against UGA...Bituli getting back into the flow didn’t stick out to me. He’s a beast as a 3-4 ILB...some lucky team will benefit from him being wrongly evaluated.

Do I fall under the “you guys” umbrella? Because I don’t recall downplaying Toto one iota. I do know he wasn’t ready at the beginning of the season to compensate for the absence of Bituli. The whole squad bent at some point against UGA...Bituli getting back into the flow didn’t stick out to me. He’s a beast as a 3-4 ILB...some lucky team will benefit from him being wrongly evaluated.

I should have separated my statements.....
I never meant to suggest that you downplayed Henry T...

I was offering a valid comparison between a true FR LB--Henry T....and a SR. LB in Bituli...

The point being that Henry T is better than Bituli as evidenced in his game performances over the last half of the season--even though he was considerably banged up.

And if a true FR LB on the same team is a better player----why is it so hard to understand why Bituli's NFL scouting report is so poor????

The NFL evaluation of Bituli's weaknesses are spot on IMO.
He's slow to read and react....and slides off of tackles too many times because he doesn't "bring his feet" with him.
He does not get off blocks very well...and he doesn't demonstrate the agility needed to play ILB in the NFL.
If a team isn't running right at him, he doesn't do very well.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I should have separated my statements.....
I never meant to suggest that you downplayed Henry T...

I was offering a valid comparison between a true FR LB--Henry T....and a SR. LB in Bituli...

The point being that Henry T is better than Bituli as evidenced in his game performances over the last half of the season--even though he was considerably banged up.

And if a true FR LB on the same team is a better player----why is it so hard to understand why Bituli's NFL scouting report is so poor????

The NFL evaluation of Bituli's weaknesses are spot on IMO.
He's slow to read and react....and slides off of tackles too many times because he doesn't "bring his feet" with him.
He does not get off blocks very well...and he doesn't demonstrate the agility needed to play ILB in the NFL.
If a team isn't running right at him, he doesn't do very well.
Well our opinions differ. Toto was impressive as a freshman...didn’t see him as superior to Bituli. Maybe he is by the end of his sophomore season...that would be even more impressive. Seen much less agile ILB’s than Bituli thrive in the NFL. Zach Thomas and Rey Maualuga immediately come to mind.

Well our opinions differ. Toto was impressive as a freshman...didn’t see him as superior to Bituli. Maybe he is by the end of his sophomore season...that would be even more impressive. Seen much less agile ILB’s than Bituli thrive in the NFL. Zach Thomas and Rey Maualuga immediately come to mind.

It's okay if we disagree....

It's over the top, IMO, to claim that Zach Thomas--an unanimous All-American LB, and 7-time NFL pro-bowler who played 13 years in the league was less agile than Bituli.
And then you go beyond that stretch to compare Bituli with Maualuga--another All-American, 3X first team PAC-10 player, and PAC-10 defensive player of the year.

Just on objective standards of recognition from D-1 coaching evaluations--Bituli's best is 2nd team All-SEC once in 4 years by SEC coaches.

It just blows my mind how you could make those statements.

VN Store

Back