NFC & AFC Championship Game Thread 1/20

I'm going to remember this thread when anyone complains that the Vols got screwed and put in the "toughest bracket" for the tourney.
Now that you mention it... was it just by accident that we got placed in the same bracket with the dark horse nun team last year? Or something more devious....

So the big question is, is does the Rams stand much of a chance against the Pats?

The thing I can never understand is how Pats WR's are open underneath all day. They don't even have scary deep threats, but Edelman almost always finds space and Brady does a good job of finding the other guy who happens to get open. If the Rams, or anybody, can stop this ****, they win.

Yep, 2008. The Titans finished 13-3 and the Colts finished 12-4 and had to open the playoffs on the road at the Chargers despite having a better record. The Chargers were 8-8 and had the home field over the 12-4 Colts. That wasn't right.

And the Colts had beat the Chargers on the road already. That playoff game was the one where Scifers (sp?) Had a bunch of long punts that pinned the Colts deep so they had all these long drives that resulted in punts. The football gods were not in their corner that year.

The thing I can never understand is how Pats WR's are open underneath all day. They don't even have scary deep threats, but Edelman almost always finds space and Brady does a good job of finding the other guy who happens to get open. If the Rams, or anybody, can stop this ****, they win.

Their system seems to be tailor made for the dink and dunk type of style. I think like another poster said, its going to depend on how much pressure they can get on Brady. If the Rams cant get to him then they have very little chance. The Rams have to stop the run.

Their system seems to be tailor made for the dink and dunk type of style. I think like another poster said, its going to depend on how much pressure they can get on Brady. If the Rams cant get to him then they have very little chance. The Rams have to stop the run.

Yeah, I just don't get why it works so well for them. Brady for sure is a factor, and their run/playaction threat helps a lot, but these guys are consistently open and you don't really see that in other systems

Reactions: PhoenixAZVol
The Rams also need a healthy Gurley. He wasn't a factor today.

Reactions: MAD
I hate the Pats but just like Bama I gotta give them their due.

Go Rams. Get some paypack for that 2001 SB loss.

Reactions: MAD
How does a team lose to The Jags, Dolphins and Titans and still make it to the Super Bowl?
SMH

You’ll watch though. As will everyone in this thread and the country. People said the same thing last year but everybody seemed to be excited about the Eagles during that game nobody seemed to care about lol
I didn't watch last Year's either. I hate the eagles as much as I hate NE

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back