NFC & AFC Championship Game Thread 1/20

How many of you all were rooting for the Pats in their first Super Bowl win but now despise them?
I know I was one of them.

And I’m just saying it matters little because they have the best coach of all time and the best QB of all time. You’re the one that seems upset I’m defending the evil, evil Patriots dynasty.

Cheating-est coach of all time and Cheating-est cry baby QB of all time. Peyton Manning is the GOAT.

Reactions: 508mikey and MAD
9 SB's in 18 years. Even the Steelers and 49ers in their dynasty runs weren't thast dominant

True but the reason I say that is because eras and rules differ by the years. Would any of the Patriots SB teams be able to beat any of the 49ers of the 80s? How about the 85 Bears? Or 2000 Ravens? Calling the team the GOAT is impossible imo. The best you can do is say they are the most dominant in their era.

Yes, the AFC east being terrible has definitely helped the Pats' dynasty. Getting HFA (until yesterday) basically is a guarantee you make it to the Super Bowl.
But at the end of the day, they are just playing the schedule they are given. This isn't like college where you get to pick 3 of your opponents every year.

Definitely me. I was sick of the Rams then and the Patriots were still the lovable losers.

You hate them now? I find that hard to believe, since you defend them against evident truths (that aren't even an attack on them) like their division is garbage.

One of the ways IMO the CFL is better than the NFL; in the CFL Payton would have been able to challenge it was DPI and would have won.

You hate them now? I find that hard to believe, since you defend them against evident truths (that aren't even an attack on them) like their division is garbage.

roundFencePostP.jpg

True but the reason I say that is because eras and rules differ by the years. Would any of the Patriots SB teams be able to beat any of the 49ers of the 80s? How about the 85 Bears? Or 2000 Ravens? Calling the team the GOAT is impossible imo. The best you can do is say they are the most dominant in their era.

The Pats would kill all three of those teams. Athletes so much better than they were back then.

Shout out to Dan Orlovsky for calling out what is obvious but nobody wants to publicly say: Refeeres and umpires are too damn old. It’s ridiculous a game played by mostly people in their 20’s and 30’s is officiated mostly by people in their 50’s and 60’s.

Let it go at this point unless he can go back and change the Jabar Gaffney non catch catch. The officials should probably be looking for another job today though.

I feel the pain of Saints fans. The call definitely decided the outcome. The saints would’ve run the clock down and kicked a chip shot FG to win with time expiring. But the PR would be even worse if he did reverse the outcome. It’s a no win situation for Goodell. His best PR move would be to discipline the officials of that game.

Reactions: C-south
Still bitter the Pats won this morning heh?

My post wasn't even about the Pats. I was ribbing VSF for "really really pointing" out the Pats are good.

Did you come up with better examples than the AFC North and South yet?

VN Store

Back