Neyland Stadium

BigOrangeAl 1979

Do you think we should reduce seating capacity to about 84,000 or 80,000 and install bigger and more comfortable seats and install more modem stadium comforts for the fans. It seems to me that Neyland is pretty outdated now compared to other SEC stadiums.

Reactions: cbvolsfan
Do you think we should reduce seating capacity to about 84,000 or 80,000 and install bigger and more comfortable seats and install more modem stadium comforts for the fans. It seems to me that Neyland is pretty outdated now compared to other SEC stadiums.
I thought there was an issue with the rows not being wide enough to install chair backs. You would have to tear out all of the concrete to widen the rows.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Nope I don’t mind sitting on the bleacher seats and squeezing in tight. Whenever we are actually good and it is packed, it is an experience like no other. Everyone is usually standing and screaming most of the game anyways. I will take max capacity over comfortable seats any day. The only thing I want is for them to update the restrooms.

No. I do, however, recall you rather adamantly proclaiming that there wouldn’t a college football season last fall.

I actually preferred the stadium before they enclosed the north endzone upper deck in 1996 cause you had the beautiful view of the smokies rising in the distance and the Tennessee river.
Not to split hairs, but The river lies just outside the South of Neyland. To me, what I miss most about the North end zone, was losing the cannon/flagpole on the side of The Hill, with Ayers Hall behind.

To the overwhelming majority of TN fans it does. Apparently you aren’t one. Your threads and posts are nothing but gloom and idiocy. Why you still claim to be a Vol fan is beyond me.
. He was talking about the recruits yea sure it mattered in the 90’s and early 2000’s when we were rolling and good. I don’t think it matters much now however when everybody has a nice big stadium along with the fact that we have been dumpster fire juice for nearly 15 years and counting. The recruits now and high school kids see us as the team that gets blown out and embarrassed at our big stadium three to four times every season.

Reactions: vettefool

VN Store

Back