Neyland Stadium becoming more annoying (my thoughts)

how about I tell her that if your wife is in labor then you shouldn't be going out to watch a football game

I told her when she's at 10cm to call me and I'll talk her through it.

:lol: the guy with a mini-tablet stuck to his ear calls me a loser

At least he doesn't have a douche tag hanging from his ear...or does he?

Which is what I have done. The problem is that should not have happened. But the UTAD chose that route and I chose mine.

Good luck selling those $10 tickets. That's something that's here to stay once you make the experience too uncomfortable for older fans who have the money to make the donations and buy the season tickets. They won't be back. The further you move away from POTS and increase the noise with pretend music the worse it is going to get. There doesn't need to be music playing every spare minute. Let the game and crowd noise also have room. That is the reason you are there, or at least it should be.

LOL pretend music, ok buddy you can stay home we will not miss you. BTW, those $10 tickets were only being sold because it was Fall Break, UGA was sold out with no $10 tix sold, other than to students. good try though. Also, the music gets the crowd more hype than the band.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, no one's going to go to a game where the crowd is loud and boisterous all game long and the home team is winning. Not a plan to sell tickets at all.

Last I checked official paid attendance was 95 K with $10 tickets being sold by the bucketful. That after two weeks of hype from the near sell out UGA game with its exciting ending. You can ignore it if you want. Your choice.

Last I checked official paid attendance was 95 K with $10 tickets being sold by the bucketful. That after two weeks of hype from the near sell out UGA game with its exciting ending. You can ignore it if you want. Your choice.

Kind of forgetting fall break and a noon kickoff, but hey man, go with it. You can ignore it if you want. Your choice.

LOL pretend music, ok buddy you can stay home we will not miss you. BTW, those $10 tickets were only being sold because it was Fall Break, UGA was sold out with no $10 tix sold, other than to students. good try though. Also, the music gets the crowd more hype than the band.

I have no problems with the piped in music, but the statement in bold is just absurd. RT gives me chills.

Reactions: 1 person
One of my all time favorite Artist... R.I.P Mr Wallace. Aka "Biggie Smalls" " The Notorious BIG..

Biggie Is The Notre Dame Of Rappers. Always Over Ranked For Some Reason. Not That He Was Bad, But I Never Really Enjoyed Many Of His Tracks.

Fans in our section disagree. Out of curiosity, were you there Saturday? And if so, in what section?

I was actually 200 miles away from the game, and my comment was about this trend at sporting events in general. It is more pronounced in indoor stadiums.

I hope you and the people you were with had a great time at the game. It was an incredible win. I wish I could have been there (distractions an all).

Sitting in Z11, I could not hear the Pride for that "pep band" to my left. USC had about 30 members of it's band that were drowning out our entire band every time they would play.

I've been to over 80 games in my lifetime. I can't recall the crowd being that loud and excited throughout the game. It wasn't the loudest I've heard Neyland, but I've never seen a crowd that involved for an entire game like that. Obviously, something worked. Oh yeah, we won btw.

I've been to three games this year and it is ALWAYS great to be in Neyland! The band is a huge part of the pageantry of college football. The addition of the great films on the jumbo-tron and the piped in music add to the fun. Moderation in all things ... gotta keep the balance there.

That said..... with Coach Jones trying to speed up the tempo of the game, I noticed a few times the band was still celebrating a first down when the Vols were ready to snap the ball. I don't think it effected the play, but it's a new system and you don't have 30 seconds to play while the team huddles up. Could cause a problem in the future.

Sitting in Z11, I could not hear the Pride for that "pep band" to my left. USC had about 30 members of it's band that were drowning out our entire band every time they would play.

I was in z12 and had no problem hearing the band.

:whistling:
I AM NOT an old-fogy so don't bash me for being out of touch. I am 33 years old and I grew up on hip-hop and pop culture, which I enjoy still to this day. But, it has it's time and place and can be rather annoying when it is OVER-DONE!!

I know that keeping up with the times and changing is necessary to a degree but there is a difference when old white dudes (Hart and Cheek) don't know the difference between being "cool" and out of touch really means.

Every single time there was a break in play, a time out, a critical point in the game last Saturday I noticed both bands trying to get into the action and atmosphere. Only to be completely drowned out by "throw your hands in the air if you ain't never scared"

I mean every once in a while is okay. Pre-game, the occasional tv time-out, etc.

But we have one of the largest and most recognizable bands in the entire country. Laugh all you want, but UTs band is one of the reasons we are so recognizable and every sports fan knows us by Rocky Top. The team doesn't play Rocky Top, the band does.

It is college football, NOT the damn Titans. If I wanted to go to a concert with overly loud blaring annoying music, I would go to a Titans game. Part of why people enjoy college games is the atmosphere and pageantry.

This coupled with the fact that cell phones do not work in Neyland Stadium are driving people away. This isn't just me *****ing about it. This is what I hear from tons of people in the stands. The "crunk" "hype" pre-recorded music isn't getting ANYONE more involved.

I would bet that 99% of our fan base would rather hear Rocky Top and our other fight songs over hearing "throw your hands in the air if you ain't never scared" . It's true!!

VN Store

Back