Neyland music

Most popular songs from each era:

Kiffin: Take this job and shove it
Dooley: Loser
Jones: Third down for what?
Pruitt: Dixieland Delight
New guy... ???

Reactions: OneManGang
Nothing gets me fired up more than Bon Jovi Living on a Prayer! Mike Hamilton's personal favorite. Been playing it to perfection over the last ten years.
. They play that at Wisconsin games when they they are down a couple of scores. I thought that was pretty harsh. If it had been UT over the past 15 years they would have wore that song out!

Reactions: UTalum04
Great idea. And make sure fans dress like the Clampetts, Hatfields, McCoys, Popcorn Sutton, and the Honey Boo Boo clan. Ought to be a hoot.
I for one am not ashamed of my hillbilly roots. I know you have to mostly pitch your product to today’s youth with their hip hop music, saggy jeans, and tattoo pandemic, but there is nothing to be lost by occasionally inserting references to „a more civilized age“. I am a son of the East Tennessee Hill County and i am dang proud of it!!!!!! Call me Jed Clampett all you wish, I take it as a high compliment

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I for one am not ashamed of my hillbilly roots. I know you have to mostly pitch your product to today’s youth with their hip hop music, saggy jeans, and tattoo pandemic, but there is nothing to be lost by occasionally inserting references to „a more civilized age“. I am a son of the East Tennessee Hill County and i am dang proud of it!!!!!! Call me Jed Clampett all you wish, I take it as a high compliment
Old school country music.....
FE57DD74-A9E9-4C43-BB33-5D2D3BC7ABCB.jpeg

Most popular songs from each era:

Kiffin: Take this job and shove it
Dooley: Loser
Jones: Third down for what?
Pruitt: Dixieland Delight
New guy... ???

Other suggestions (not year specific):

Kiffin: "Pfft You Was Gone" - Hee Haw
Dooley: "Dooley" - The Dillards (aka the Darlins from Andy Griffith)
Jones: "P*ssin' in the Wind" - Jerry Jeff Walker; or "I Run Myself Out of Town" - George Thorogood
Pruitt: "Rammer Jammer"- UA Band or "Sweet Home in Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Heupel: "Everybody's got a Mountain to Climb" - The Allman Brothers

Vol fans since 2007: "Waiting for the Next Explosion" - Jimmy Buffett; or "How Many More Years" - Kenny Wayne Shepherd

I have Hillbilly roots as well. But I also have the values it brings. Roots without the values? That is what makes it stupid.

. They play that at Wisconsin games when they they are down a couple of scores. I thought that was pretty harsh. If it had been UT over the past 15 years they would have wore that song out!

I'm glad the UT band listened to the fans and stopped playing it.

I got to chat with John Pennington the other night, and he said to be prepared for more and better music in Neyland during the games to get the crowd pumped before kickoffs, etc. There will probably be a signature song or two outside of the band songs that will be used regularly if the response is as good as the coaches think it will be. He said Wisconsin and VT have done similar, and CBJ wants this to help get the biggest home field advantage possible.

He had been drinking, so tifwiw.

If this "more and better music" includes Taylor Swift? Call me to help hide the bodies.

Oh wait, this is old.

Jones: "P*ssin' in the Wind" - Jerry Jeff Walker; or "I Run Myself Out of Town" - George Thorogood

Vol fans since 2007: "Waiting for the Next Explosion" - Jimmy Buffett; or "How Many More Years" - Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Fulmer's final years: "Pop goes the Weasel" Hey it make Curly fight better.

Reactions: OneManGang

Couldn’t work in any David Allan Coe?

Wait. There's something wrong about the pre-game tradition because it doesn't fire up the crowd? Beginning when? Who says so? Allow the Pride of the Southland Band to play "Down the Field," "The Tennessee Waltz", and "Rocky Top" and watch the fans explode. Unlike the NFL, tradition has always meant something in college football. Interjecting the latest boy band recordings offers what? For me, doing so doesn't add anything, it cheapens the experience.

I've nailed the new playlist:
Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow - Fleetwood Mac
I've Been Down - Hank Jr.
Riding The Storm Out - REO Speedwagon
Down In A Hole - Alice In Chains

Reactions: Jravol78
How about Boston’s The Launch when the offense takes the field.Throw a whole lotta Rocky Top in and when we’re up in the 4th quarter by 4 or so TD’s and the 3rd string QB comes in we play more Boston this time Cool The Engines.

VN Store

Back