Next yr starting 5

She is better than Key. Not a knock on Key just a fact. Outplayed both Reese and Miller
of Maryland in one game. But she can play the 4 and is a great passer. Don't know how you keep her off the floor but she is a team player. Hard worker so think she will recover from ACL. We're loaded
I do not agree with your first sentence. But I agree with the rest of your comments. My opinion is that Tamari and Jasmine F will compliment each other at the 4 and 5 positions, and both will be dominant. Jasmine F has the added ability to be dominant in both positions. She reminds me of Crystal Langhorne. I believe Jasmine F will be a special player for the LVs this upcoming season. GBO.

I do not agree with your first sentence. But I agree with the rest of your comments. My opinion is that Tamari and Jasmine F will compliment each other at the 4 and 5 positions, and both will be dominant. Jasmine F has the added ability to be dominant in both positions. She reminds me of Crystal Langhorne. I believe Jasmine F will be a special player for the LVs this upcoming season. GBO.

To my eye, Tamari’s length and reach and confidence patrolling the paint give her the ability to alter opponents’ games, so she has the edge there.

But in every other way I have to say that I agree that Franklin gets the edge. In fact, to my eye, Franklin will be the most overall naturally talented athlete on the team next season. Her movements are sure, strong and quick, and her hand-eye coordination are stellar.

Her physical proportions are ideal for being able to build and maintain strength, and Franklin WILL be able to catch, and hold onto, those brisk passes that have in recent seasons slipped through.

Franklin will have more rebounding range because she’s quicker, and a better leaper, than Tamari. And in a battle for the ball with an opponent, Franklin is going to win 90% of the time.

Game. Changer!!!!

I think Key is the best 5 we have, hands down. Not necessarily because of superior athleticism, but because of defensive prowess and overall impact on the opponent game plan. And I think Franklin will be somewhat undersized at the 5 in the SEC, although not as much as some worry, because of her leaping ability and quickness. But I think Franklin will be the best 4 on the team, and predict she will start there, her health willing. Marta, Puckett, and Striplin will back them up. And that's some pretty good backup. I see Puckett first of the bench for both the 4 and 5. So, for wings, that leaves Horston, Jackson starting, and backups Wynn, Walker, Pissott, Darby, Rennie (Marta), and point Guards Powell and Miles (Walker).

She is better than Key. Not a knock on Key just a fact. Outplayed both Reese and Miller
of Maryland in one game. But she can play the 4 and is a great passer. Don't know how you keep her off the floor but she is a team player. Hard worker so think she will recover from ACL. We're loaded
Stop it. This literally is making me want to leave work and drive immediately to TBA but then I sadly remember that it would be a long and lonely wait sitting in a hot car in the parking lot with my LV shirt on. But if they ever had an open practice after our new players have arrived, work be damned!!

Last edited:
Although I don't think Justine will start at the beginning of the season, by mid way of the season, she will have earned her way on as a starter...Her deep 3 balls will prove to be the difference maker in several early games.

The era of "Justine" is about to begin....
E4_gNkSXwAIOgk7.jpg

This is what a lot of the league's college women's basketball fans will be saying when "The Justine" is raining down some ridiculous long 3 ball scores on their favorite team....
32070158.gif

I see a full court press team of Powell (Miles)/ Wynn / Horston / Jackson / Franklin with Walker, Miles, (and maybe Darby or Pissott in that rotation) whenever Harper wants to increase the tempo. So Franklin will give us a fast defensive five in that scenario. If we wear the opponents out with 5 or 6 minutes of that hell every quarter, then our slower half court team (Walker, Darby, Marta, Pissott Puckett, Striplin, Key) team won't be as comparatively slow in the other four minutes. And everyone gets a lot of time.

Reactions: GameTime
I see a full court press team of Powell (Miles)/ Wynn / Horston / Jackson / Franklin with Walker, Miles, (and maybe Darby or Pissott in that rotation) whenever Harper wants to increase the tempo. So Franklin will give us a fast defensive five in that scenario. If we wear the opponents out with 5 or 6 minutes of that hell every quarter, then our slower half court team (Walker, Darby, Marta, Pissott Puckett, Striplin, Key) team won't be as comparatively slow in the other four minutes. And everyone gets a lot of time.

Al baby, the full court press is going to be awesome for the LVs....WE have the small very fast guards, and good size wing players to roam the middle....Put Key to protect the rim, and turn the rest of the Lady Vol Tigers loose....

I guarantee you "The Justine" will find herself open for a lot of deep 3 balls while the opponents defense is trying to recover from the shock and awe of the Lady Vols attack.......
the-scot-richard-case-who-is-that-girl-asquare.jpg

Last edited:
Al baby, the full court press is going to be awesome for the LVs....WE have the small very fast guards, and good size wing players to roam the middle....Put Key to protect the rim, and turn the rest of the Lady Vol Tigers loose....

I guarantee you "The Justine" will find herself open for a lot of deep 3 balls while the opponents defense is trying to recover from the shock and awe of the Lady Vols attack.......
the-scot-richard-case-who-is-that-girl-asquare.jpg

GT, I can't wait til the season starts. And it's gonna be a lot of fun following the team during the offseason. Realize we are gonna have three of the very best players in the country on our starting five (Horston, Jackson, Key), PLUS an all-big-ten PG! Only question now is the 5th starter, and look at all we have to choose from. The depth is excellent quality and very deep. I'm stoked. The future's so bright we've gotta wear shades, man!!!

GT, I can't wait til the season starts. And it's gonna be a lot of fun following the team during the offseason. Realize we are gonna have three of the very best players in the country on our starting five (Horston, Jackson, Key), PLUS an all-big-ten PG! Only question now is the 5th starter, and look at all we have to choose from. The depth is excellent quality and very deep. I'm stoked. The future's so bright we've gotta wear shades, man!!!

Believe we’ll have more than 3 of the very best players in the country on our team next season. Franklin is considered top ten from the portal, Powell is there also, and Justine is in top 11 as a Freshman, plus our last year’s impressive Freshmen will be Sophomores next season, can’t wait to see them play.

No 1 person should have to carry the load, they will be surrounded by a team of elite players, all with the same goal.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Who were the best scorers in the 2021-22 season? If someone scored points, but has a low overall shooting percentage, they missed a lot of shots and need to improve their shooting, or pass to a hotter hand. We had players with a higher shooting percentage, but didn’t have as many points, hopefully for next season they now have the confidence to shoot more. If a player is mainly a 3 point shooter, their overall field goal percentage is less. If a player mainly shoots layups, they may have a higher field goal percentage, and should be able to make free throws. Also, who are our best free throw shooters? Very important.

Here’s our list, in order of best overall field goal percentage listed first. That’s more apple to apple comparison.
Points, Rebounds, Assists, Free Throw %, Overall Field Goal %

Tamari Key 10.5 pts., 8.1 reb, 1.0 assist, 62.6% free throw, 58.4% field goal

Jasmine Franklin 14.9 pts., 12.1 reb, 1.0 assist, 76% free throw, 53.8% field goal

Karoline Striplin 2.6 pts., 2.1 reb, 0.2 assist, 77.3% free throw, 44.4% field goal

Sara Puckett 6.4 pts., 3.5 reb, 1.1 assist, 69% free throw, 43.3% field goal

Rickea Jackson 20.3 pts., 6.8 reb, 1.1 assist, 73% free throw, 41% field goal

Marta Suarez 4.1 pts., 3.6 reb, 0.8 assist, 75% free throw, 40.7% field goal
(These are her 2020-21 stats.)

Brooklyn Miles 2.5 pts., 2.8 reb, 2.0 assist, 41.7% free throw, 38.8% field goal

Kaiya Wynn 2.4 pts., 2.0 reb, 0.7 assist, 43.2% free throw, 38.5% field goal

Jordan Horston 16.2 pts., 9.4 reb, 4 assist, 67.8% free throw, 37.9% field goal

Tess Darby 5.3 pts., 2.4 reb, 1.1 assist, 100% free throw, 36.9% field goal
(Tess mostly shot 3 pointers at 38.3%).

Jordan Walker 7.6 pts., 4.1 reb, 3.4 assist, 61.9% free throw, 34.1% field goal

Jasmine Powell 12.4 pts., 4.4 reb, 5.7 assist, 77.3% free throw, 32.2% field goal

Jessie Rennie 0.6 pts., 0.4 reb. 0.5 assist, 50% free throw, 19% field goal
(3 point-11.8%)

Justine Pissott and Edie Darby were in high school, and I do not have their stats, but I believe they both shoot well.

Maybe these stats will help everyone with their starting 5. 🙂

Completing our roster, these are Jillian Hollingshead’s 2021-22 stats while playing as a Freshman at Georgia last season:

Jillian Hollingshead 5.1 pts., 2.5 reb, 0.4 assists, 69.2% free throw, 48.8% field goal

Puts her at the number 3 spot on this list. We have a team full of players who will push each other to get better.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Hollingshead's commitment at first made me feel more solid that Franklin's role will be the starter at the 4. But, from what I read, Hollingshead can also play the four or even on the perimeter. This could get tres interesting.

With this roster - opening a few practice sessions for a nominal price could attract 1000s. Why, well we won't get to see the progress made by some of the players - other than in practice.

Coach Kellie deserves "a way to go coach" from this board...She has assembled for next season, one hell of a fine ball club...
dbabaf73-cafb-4b77-904c-0dc2fe347831-KNS_NCAA_Lady_Vols_Belmont_405.JPG

She needs immediate raise just for this. Under 4yrs..actually one season was canceled..And she's able to get lady vols team to a top National Championship..

With this roster - opening a few practice sessions for a nominal price could attract 1000s. Why, well we won't get to see the progress made by some of the players - other than in practice.
Hell of a fine idea....It would be a blast to watch this club bomb the long 3 balls, sort of a little "inter player contest"....

I went to several practices with the "other coach" in charge, only because my late wife worked for UT and interacted with the different coaches in different academic areas...She took me along on her visits, only because she could, and I really enjoyed it.

I got so sick of hearing "get the ball inside, don't shoot the 3...Go inside.....Never forget the look on one of our shooters face when she was scolded for making a deep 3 ball...I told my wife that girl has just been ruined, and she was terrible most of the time after that...She was afraid to shoot.

Coach Kellie is the right coach, at the right time...The cosmic tumblers are falling into place....(a little Ray Kinsella) and we will soon have our very own court of dreams...
there-comes-a-time-when-all-the-cosmic-tumblers-have-clicked-into.jpg

We know who we have our roster is set and it is one of the best rosters Tennessee's had in a while. I think the five belongs almost exclusively to Key and Hollingshead. Key may end of playing a few more minutes, but I expect that the staff will want her to be more aggressive and will also want her in there the last five minutes of close games so this 40 minutes at the five could become quite even in playing time between Tamari and Jillian. I know Jillian is going to play a lot of minutes I can see it averaging 15 to as much as 20 a game. If anyone else plays at the five will probably be Striplin late in games we've won.
The four is a traffic jam we have so many players that can play there and it will create a real battle for playing time. I think the probable starter is Franklin just to good a player not to see at least 20 minutes a game. Then you have Suarez which should be completely healthy and totally at the top of her game. Sarah Puckett should be outstanding as well so there you have three players that can play the four and only forty minutes to go around. Striplin can also play the four as can Jackson and even Horston. Our inside talent went from looking sort of weak to a powerhouse of choices.
I expect Jackson to start at the three don't see how she gets under 25 minutes a game. Tess Darby and Justine Pissott will be vying for some playing time at the three as well. Puckett can also be a factor there. With Justine and Tess being shooters Tess needs to really develop the other parts of her game because Justine already brings them. The three and four positions seems to be where we have the most players vying for playing time next season.
The two should go to Horston by default as I don't see her playing much at point guard with Powell coming in. I think you start Horston at the two and Walker ends up as your backup two or maybe Kaiya Wynn. I was kind of feeling like in some of the games last season they were trying to develop Wynn into a one. We'll see how it goes this season the competition is very high at all of the four, three, and two next season.
The one is Powell's probably about 25 minutes a game. Miles will probably be first off the bench at this position and she just might have some competition for time with Wynn who I was beginning to think the staff wanted to develop into a point guard. Being able to watch these players in practice and competition would be about as much fun as a game. I can see some real battles cause every position is deep and talented.

So here is my final starters and depth chart JMO cause we know anything can happen any player can change their game enormously during the off season.

PF-Franklin, Puckett, Suarez, Striplin
WF-Jackson, Pissott, Darby, Puckett
C-Key, Hollingshead, Striplin
SG-Horston, Walker, Pissott, Wynn, Rennie
PG-Powell, Miles, Horston, Wynn, Walker, E. Darby

We know who we have our roster is set and it is one of the best rosters Tennessee's had in a while. I think the five belongs almost exclusively to Key and Hollingshead. Key may end of playing a few more minutes, but I expect that the staff will want her to be more aggressive and will also want her in there the last five minutes of close games so this 40 minutes at the five could become quite even in playing time between Tamari and Jillian. I know Jillian is going to play a lot of minutes I can see it averaging 15 to as much as 20 a game. If anyone else plays at the five will probably be Striplin late in games we've won.
The four is a traffic jam we have so many players that can play there and it will create a real battle for playing time. I think the probable starter is Franklin just to good a player not to see at least 20 minutes a game. Then you have Suarez which should be completely healthy and totally at the top of her game. Sarah Puckett should be outstanding as well so there you have three players that can play the four and only forty minutes to go around. Striplin can also play the four as can Jackson and even Horston. Our inside talent went from looking sort of weak to a powerhouse of choices.
I expect Jackson to start at the three don't see how she gets under 25 minutes a game. Tess Darby and Justine Pissott will be vying for some playing time at the three as well. Puckett can also be a factor there. With Justine and Tess being shooters Tess needs to really develop the other parts of her game because Justine already brings them. The three and four positions seems to be where we have the most players vying for playing time next season.
The two should go to Horston by default as I don't see her playing much at point guard with Powell coming in. I think you start Horston at the two and Walker ends up as your backup two or maybe Kaiya Wynn. I was kind of feeling like in some of the games last season they were trying to develop Wynn into a one. We'll see how it goes this season the competition is very high at all of the four, three, and two next season.
The one is Powell's probably about 25 minutes a game. Miles will probably be first off the bench at this position and she just might have some competition for time with Wynn who I was beginning to think the staff wanted to develop into a point guard. Being able to watch these players in practice and competition would be about as much fun as a game. I can see some real battles cause every position is deep and talented.

So here is my final starters and depth chart JMO cause we know anything can happen any player can change their game enormously during the off season.

Seems like a solid estimation. I think early season, though, Puckett will get the start over Franklin who will probably need time to play herself into game shape and get more confidence in her knee.

I agree almost to a T. I also wondered if the staff wanted Wynn to try to be a PG, but I think that was before they knew they were gonna get Powell. Given the logjams at the 2 and 3, they might still try to see if she'll be a PG. Just so many possibilities with this roster!

Seems like a solid estimation. I think early season, though, Puckett will get the start over Franklin who will probably need time to play herself into game shape and get more confidence in her knee.
The Puckett vs Franklin will be interesting as you would have to expect a lot of improvement out of Puckett. Franklin looked ready to go in the video and she will be hard to keep off the floor. Both are awesome players and nice to know how we don't lost much through like 8 to even 10 players.

VN Store

Back