Next Tennessee Big Man

brentcontractor

Who is Tennessee's next Big Man? Alexander graduates this year or at least runs out of eligibility. We can seeing how Fulkerson and Walker are progressing. Will they step up further or is Burns going to take Alexander's role?

I don't know. But Vols are going to be hurting in that area for sure. Hate that we don't get much from the bench with this position.

Reactions: nickvolstate
Ok smartass. Kyle is taller and longer than Burns. I wish we had another guy with a bit more length after Kyle leaves. Hope Zach Kent can help there.

Like I said, GW is about 6’7” and plays center for us in our “terror lineup” and seems to do just fine...DJ Burns is about 6’10”, probably not the same wingspan as KA but if our fans have learned anything I would think it’s that after complaining GW isn’t tall enough to play post that maybe it was that they’d STFU about height.

Don’t you know only size matters, it’s why Kent is getting so many minutes over Fulk and Walker, he’s taller.

I don't care who it is as long as they can play and develop into a solid player; however there are times, situations and vs teams you may need a legit "big man."

Just my opinion (which doesn't count for a lot) but for Tennessee to stay at a high level they will need a long 6-9 to 6-10 guy (or plus) at least giving them some solid minutes. I'm not saying Tennessee has to have another Alexander who is starting, just someone who can help in match ups and certain situations. With the way Tennessee plays they only need good, athletic 6-7 to 6-9 guys to carry the load............much like what Duke does this year.

Reactions: lynnh
Don’t you know only size matters, it’s why Kent is getting so many minutes over Fulk and Walker, he’s taller.
The Barnes' dream team we discussed a couple of seasons ago is beginning to make more sense. It really doesn't require the 7 foot post and actually as we've seen lately works better with the smaller line up.

I would take that 7-3 to 7-4 guy out in the Memphis area.............and just see if he could develop...............if he could there is your situation/match up guy right there, give him 15-20 min's per (once developed). But again Tennessee doesn't have to have someone like this, but they do need someone with some height/length at least for situations.

I fully expect Zach Kent to start next year. Barnes is high on him. Plus he hasn’t played because of an injury before or at the beginning of the season I believe

Reactions: SweetDaddy
I don't care who it is as long as they can play and develop into a solid player; however there are times, situations and vs teams you may need a legit "big man."

Just my opinion (which doesn't count for a lot) but for Tennessee to stay at a high level they will need a long 6-9 to 6-10 guy (or plus) at least giving them some solid minutes. I'm not saying Tennessee has to have another Alexander who is starting, just someone who can help in match ups and certain situations. With the way Tennessee plays they only need good, athletic 6-7 to 6-9 guys to carry the load............much like what Duke does this year.
Well they’ve already got DJ Burns on the roster for next year so should be good

VN Store

Back