Next Tennessee Big Man

The big drop off comes if Williams leaves he is the guy that is gonna send us falling quite a bit. He is the guy we need to find a replacement for. We've played a lot of minutes and done well without Alexander in the lineup. We have guys that can probably make up most of what Alexander does but Williams is another matter.

Like I said to Bruin, did we struggle against Kansas’ big because they’re big or because they’re that good? Would Azubuike have had the same success if he was 1” shorter?
A large part of the reason Azubuike is so good is due to his size and length.

I guess I don’t understand where you were headed with the, “Would Azubuike have the same success if he was 1” shorter?” question. An inch wouldn’t make much of a difference, to me. Do I think he would be as effective if he were 5 or 6” shorter? Obviously not.

A large part of the reason Azubuike is so good is due to his size and length.

I guess I don’t understand where you were headed with the, “Would Azubuike have the same success if he was 1” shorter?” question. An inch wouldn’t make much of a difference, to me. Do I think he would be as effective if he were 5 or 6” shorter? Obviously not.

I don’t think we simply struggle against height/length, that was my initial reply...we dominated Purdue’s 7’3” guys, that’s about as big as they get, Azubuike gave us problems but he’s also a hell of a player, from what I recall Gafford didn’t do too much against us?

I don’t think we simply struggle against height/length, that was my initial reply...we dominated Purdue’s 7’3” guys, that’s about as big as they get, Azubuike gave us problems but he’s also a hell of a player, from what I recall Gafford didn’t do too much against us?
Gafford had 10 and 7, but like Azubuike, was hampered by foul trouble (he also fouled out), and only played 20 minutes. Arkansas was also down 20-30 points for the majority of the game, so they went away from the paint and started chucking 3s. In a tighter game where he manages to play 32 minutes, he probably increase those numbers.

Again, I’m not disagreeing with your overall point to say we do or don’t consistently struggle with length. I will say we have struggled at times defensively, and would point to the KU game as proof of that. That is why I found it to be an odd choice for you to use as proof we don’t struggle with size and length. Purdue last year is a good example where we negated that. 2 games against Arky last year, Gafford only combined for 23 pts and 13 rebs, is another good example.

I am not defending kent because from the beginning said he would never play but they just as easily could be recruiting for an open spot with the NBA draft in mind
Sounds like Kent isn’t in the plans after this year. Grant Ramey somewhat stated that if we haven’t seen him play by now we likely never will.

Sounds like Kent isn’t in the plans after this year. Grant Ramey somewhat stated that if we haven’t seen him play by now we likely never will.

The rare 2-year medical hardship waiver is still in play. However I've never seen that brought up in any media outlet. Doesn't mean that ZK couldn't transfer as well as get a 2-year MHW.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Why then? Didn’t Arkansas have a lottery pick in the post? What about Kansas? Those aren’t the only teams with length?
You’re correct but I still think we’ll struggle with the length from these teams simply because they have more than one. I’ll be more than happy to eat those words but if it can be done Barnes and Crew can make it happen.

The big drop off comes if Williams leaves he is the guy that is gonna send us falling quite a bit. He is the guy we need to find a replacement for.

I'm not sure Williams is replaceable....................irregardless of height.

VN Store

Back