Next Day: After having time to reflect

I really appreciate the 90's more and more. We will probably never see that again.

I used to get angry when we would lose a game back then. That happens when you only lose 1 or 2 games a year. The loss sticks with you for months

Now, and it's been this way for a long time, I only feel slight disappointment. A loss sticks with you until Monday

This loss will stick with me forever.

Reactions: vols 30
Would you want him after seeing this performance?
Like I just posted in another thread, up till yesterday's debacle I'd been giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But I'm fully convinced now, that he ain't gonna get it done no matter how much time he gets in Knoxville.

Reactions: OEF VOL and hog88
Fire Jeremy Pruitt and name Jim Chaney as interim head coach for the rest of the 2019.Then I would fully expect that Phil Fulmer will lose his job as Tennessee AD after the season and a new Tennessee AD who's friendly with Jimmy Haslam will be hired soon after.

Fulmer, the man getting paid millions to destroy a program twice.

Players don’t care so idk why I care more than them. Sad thought honestly.

Like I just posted in another thread, up till yesterday's debacle I'd been giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But I'm fully convinced now, that he ain't gonna get it done no matter how much time he gets in Knoxville.

Nope, Pruitt isn’t going to get it done.

Reactions: RavinDave
the season is not over for me...geez, it's the first game with young, inexperienced kids all over the play...just Coach Pruitt's second year...there's still a lot of games to play and root for our Vols to get better and win some games...even if I have to do it by myself...I'm not giving up on this team...no way...and, as always...

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: GableVol
If we go on to beat florida and end up 9-3 this game wont even matter because who cares if we lost to GA state? 99 out of 100 we beat them and if we beat florida and every one else besides bama and gA it's a good look and year.
Hey

Which liquor store do you use?

Mine dont sell what youre drinking

Reactions: OEF VOL
the season is not over for me...geez, it's the first game with young, inexperienced kids all over the play...just Coach Pruitt's second year...there's still a lot of games to play and root for our Vols to get better and win some games...even if I have to do it by myself...I'm not giving up on this team...no way...and, as always...

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll never give up on the Vols. Just don't have any confidence in the coaching staff after what we saw yesterday.

Reactions: OEF VOL
If we lose to BYU all hell is gonna break loose within the AD
I don't think so, Fulmer hasn't come out about this performance, I don't think the AD cares, just like Pruitt acted like this is no big deal, " the sun will come up in the morning", what an attitude after having your rearend just got kicked by a school that's only been playing football for ten years.

It is still the worst worst loss of all time. Pruitt is still not the guy. Football season still has a black eye. Recruits still remember the poor attendance. We still suck. 3-4 wins is still the ceiling.

Nope. Didn't get better. Not easier to digest. Still need to make a change or two (or 20). Anybody feel differently? Has a night's rest restored any confidence at all in the team?

Here's the question. If YOU were the UT athletic director, how would you proceed? Personally, I'd begin searching today for the next football coach and make the change as soon as the season ends.

Kudos to the OP for not trying to polish a turd. I’m not sure if I’m 100% on board with a coaching change at the end of this year. However, I reserve the right to change my mind after BYU takes us to the woodshed.

No if we lose next week I will no longer support Pruitt. No excuse to lose next week.

There was no excuse to lose this week! We just saw our team lose to freaking Ga St! We have reached a new low. I don’t know how anyone can support this staff or have any confidence in it now. They have lost this team.

After rewatching the game this morning:
1. The Chandler fumble screwed us for the rest of the game. It gave GA State great field position and hope that they never should have had.
2. JG still holds on to the ball too long. One play near the end of game he had 4-5 seconds to get rid of the ball and still got sacked.
3. Pruitt needs to watch this film and pick starters on both sides of the line and go with them. There were too many players going in and out. The OL could never get into a rhythm with so many different line ups.
4. There were 2 penalties that really hurt us. The pass interference on Warrior, which would have gotten the defense off of the field, and the illegal substitution on Deandre Johnson/Darrel Middleton, which gave GA State an easy 3rd and 1. Johnson was involved in another late substitution, which allowed GA State to score a touchdown on that play because he was not set for the snap.

Except we didn’t, they never hire a proven name. Ole miss used an interim, LSU uses an interim. You can’t do this 4-5 times in a row. Because the program loses any resemblance of respect it once had. Yesterday was not acceptable at any level. We are dying, if not dead, and our loyal fan base isn’t mad enough.

How did we not? The fans did everything short of setting Neyland a blaze running Schiano out of town saying “it’s not a safe environment for me” and we got Fulmer and Pruitt. Every other coach was brought to us by the Boosters/ Admins they too have always failed.

If we go on to beat florida and end up 9-3 this game wont even matter because who cares if we lost to GA state? 99 out of 100 we beat them and if we beat florida and every one else besides bama and gA it's a good look and year.
9-3 is out the window. Best we can hope for now is another 4-8/5-7 season. Pruitt gets one more year and if he can’t get 8 wins in 2020 he’s out plain and simple

I don’t breathe easy until my team is at least up by two scores. That way I know one play can’t lose the game.

At some point yesterday, if that’s really what they were doing, that stuff had to be scrapped and you go with only your best.

But, again, of greater concern is that so many guys played and yet everyone looked tired and slow. How were they not fresh and have energy

This is a good observation. The answer is... they are depressed. As a team.

Emotionally they are not inspired. From their head coach to their QB. Every position of leadership is stale...

Low energy coaches reflects on the players.
It's not about physical conditioning, they have low moral...

VN Store

Back